U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
 
Location: el paso texas
2,625 posts, read 10,050,046 times
Reputation: 1848

Advertisements

If you are too ignorant not to understand the concept of "blank" ammunition, that is truly a personal problem. Perhaps you could understand if your head wasn't in the gutter.

i do, im just a metaphorical freak, anyway....and by the way are you guys ancestors of indians, all this talk about my country this, my country that, this country belongs to its citizens, dont matter what race, and that includes mexican americans!!1

 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
If you are too ignorant not to understand the concept of "blank" ammunition, that is truly a personal problem. Perhaps you could understand if your head wasn't in the gutter.

i do, im just a metaphorical freak, anyway....and by the way are you guys ancestors of indians, all this talk about my country this, my country that, this country belongs to its citizens, dont matter what race, and that includes mexican americans!!1
As a matter of fact I am.

Correction: This country belongs to all of the LEGAL citizens of every race/ethnicity.
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Wichita,Kansas
2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
Reputation: 1328
Yes I do have Cherokee blood,Thanks for bringing up this tired old point again..
Btw who exactly took over Mexico would that be the Spanish from the Indians?
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 AM
 
Location: el paso texas
2,625 posts, read 10,050,046 times
Reputation: 1848
alright gys ill be back gotta go 2 lunch!!!
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
alright gys ill be back gotta go 2 lunch!!!
I thought you didn't believe in taking a lunch. You know……..those work ethics exclusively embraced by illegals. Furthermore, if you’re supposed to be working, why are you on the computer posting in a forum?
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:43 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Reputation: 22514
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
mexicans dont shoot blanks remember, were top notch baby makers, remeber it was americans that invented viagra lol
Well that goes to show you know not of what you speak - Peter Dunn and Albert Wood, both from Kent, England, would not be too happy being incorrectly called Americans. Not that it has anything to do with the original subject of this thread, but who's keeping track, right?

lol

Are you going to tell us all what delightful treats you had for lunch too? We're all so excited about your recent contributions to the immigration forum.
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
this thread sucks. you guys are like lil kids. seriously. this was not an intelligent discussion by any means.

as for immigration in the past.
all you had to do was step off a boat. your were given a cursory glance to ensure you didnt have the plague and asked for a name. any name!!! so much for screening.

you even got to change your name. isnt that how a lot of italian criminals found a new life in the US?

imagine if thats what we did now?!?!?!

but comparing immigration from back then till now is a bit pointless. now we have different systems and different technology. different methods to screen people.

what hasnt changed is the attitude towards immigrants. they have been disliked and the same arguments made against mexicans or hispanics were made against the irish, italians, germans, etc. IMMIGRANT FAMILY VALUES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN QUESTIONED

anyhow why is this thread still going? just a bunch of juvenile back and forth with tangential double entendres.

not a good discussion guys. i think everyone lost here.
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this thread sucks. you guys are like lil kids. seriously. this was not an intelligent discussion by any means.

as for immigration in the past.
all you had to do was step off a boat. your were given a cursory glance to ensure you didnt have the plague and asked for a name. any name!!! so much for screening.

you even got to change your name. isnt that how a lot of italian criminals found a new life in the US?

imagine if thats what we did now?!?!?!

but comparing immigration from back then till now is a bit pointless. now we have different systems and different technology. different methods to screen people.

what hasnt changed is the attitude towards immigrants. they have been disliked and the same arguments made against mexicans or hispanics were made against the irish, italians, germans, etc. IMMIGRANT FAMILY VALUES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN QUESTIONED

anyhow why is this thread still going? just a bunch of juvenile back and forth with tangential double entendres.

not a good discussion guys. i think everyone lost here.

You clearly don't know about Ellis Island and the history of legal immigration. Yes in fact there was screening. You were not given a "glance" that is bs. You had to have a job, a sponsor, a way of supporting yourself or you did not get in. People were not allowed to leave Ellis Island Island unless they were healthy. Some legal immigrants stayed quarantined on Eliis Island for a long time and some died there. There were no ethnocentric interest groups, no handouts and freebies etc. That was the LEGAL way to do it. Guess what? There is still a LEGAL way to do it where-again you are screened for disease-not given a "glance".

And I notice that you called everyone "immigrants". Sorry there is a difference between the legal immigrants of yesterday and today and an illegal alien. Illegal aliens are not "immigrants".
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
this thread sucks. you guys are like lil kids. seriously. this was not an intelligent discussion by any means.

as for immigration in the past.
all you had to do was step off a boat. your were given a cursory glance to ensure you didnt have the plague and asked for a name. any name!!! so much for screening.

you even got to change your name. isnt that how a lot of italian criminals found a new life in the US?

imagine if thats what we did now?!?!?!

but comparing immigration from back then till now is a bit pointless. now we have different systems and different technology. different methods to screen people.

what hasnt changed is the attitude towards immigrants. they have been disliked and the same arguments made against mexicans or hispanics were made against the irish, italians, germans, etc. IMMIGRANT FAMILY VALUES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN QUESTIONED

anyhow why is this thread still going? just a bunch of juvenile back and forth with tangential double entendres.

not a good discussion guys. i think everyone lost here.
I agree; this thread childishly digressed. However, there is a difference between resistance to new LEGAL immigrants, and tolerance of ILLEGAL aliens. We should not be forced to accept those who have no respect for our laws. Let them come legally.
 
Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I agree; this thread childishly digressed. However, there is a difference between resistance to new LEGAL immigrants, and tolerance of ILLEGAL aliens. We should not be forced to accept those who have no respect for our laws. Let them come legally.
First the illegal lovers start calling people names and then cry about having it done back at them. Nothing new here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top