U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 PM

3,885 posts, read 5,992,827 times

Advertisements

Well all I know is that our hospitals here in California are going broke from all the anchor babies.:-(

Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,559,234 times
Perhaps the reason less birth control is used less among Hispanics is due to the majority being of the Catholic Faith.

Just a thought.....

Old 09-09-2008, 09:44 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,017,866 times
Californio is a reasonable poster, and reads both sides even as we all disagree. My question to you then, is why does there seem to be an emphasis on quantity of life rather than quality of life amongst amongst this culture? Families would have far better chances for improvement of everything that matters in living life if there were less children for which to pay. The majority of Catholic families of my own acquaintance do not have large families, although granted most are American born.

I actually refute amc's claim from personal observation that "immigrants from anywhere don't learn English but their kids do." Not where I live, L.A., illegal immigrants central. It's predominantly the latino families that retain, occasionally, generations of non-English speakers, not people from other parts of the globe.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californio View Post
I take the same offense when someone calls all Americans fat and lazy the same way I take offense when someone says murder is apart of Mexican culture. You want an example of something ridiculous that insulted someone (that I don't even consider an insult)? It was a thread a while back in which a Black couple were offended because there was a black watermelon seed shaped with eyes, arms, and feet and a white one with eyes, arms and feet. Aren't watermelon seeds Black and also white?!
You mean this stereotypical caricature? News - Colusa County defends artists of watermelon display - sacbee.com (http://www.sacbee.com/101/story/1196475.html - broken link)

Why on earth would a black person be offended? Iím sure had they made a sombrero-wearing Mexican fruit picker or toilet cleaner, you would not have been offended.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:52 AM

6,571 posts, read 17,944,907 times
Californio; Not to be personal or offensive, but why did your mother not complete her high school education while a teen?. I commend her for following thru at her older years. Too many kids today are dropping out of school for stupid reasons and wonder why they cannot get ahead money wise. With no education....no money....no future. Stefhen

Old 09-09-2008, 11:10 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,636,442 times
As a hispanic woman, i find this post offensive.

"More kids than they can afford and refuse to speak English." I beg your pardon!

I'm college educated, extremely hard working and the main language spoken in my home is English.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
As a hispanic woman, i find this post offensive.

"More kids than they can afford and refuse to speak English." I beg your pardon!

I'm college educated, extremely hard working and the main language spoken in my home is English.
Congratulations on your accomplishments. If that comment didn't apply to you why get upset?

I'm sure the OP was referring to the 35 MILLION illegal aliens of hispanic descent who fit the description to a tee.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:55 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,636,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Congratulations on your accomplishments. If that comment didn't apply to you why get upset?

I'm sure the OP was referring to the 35 MILLION illegal aliens of hispanic descent who fit the description to a tee.

Thanks.

I frequently post on [domain blocked due to spam].com and you should see the ignorant comments I get from people about hispanics. It's funny to me how rude people can get. Maybe it's because you don't need to be a registered user to post on that board.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:03 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Hispanics are evvilll.

Old 09-09-2008, 12:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,066,563 times
oh god, [domain blocked due to spam] invaded this board a while back. you can tell by all the juvenile and hateful speech. and all the polls. its annoying.

anyhow, this does apply to all hispanics. it states this as "hispanic family values". the OP is too lazy to think for themselves and instead posts an article about some illegal immigrant women. instead of keeping the focus on this particular group, it is generalized to the whole hispanic population. thats just moronic.
so the OP has alreaedy shown lack of critical thought. they just see and article that fits their agenda, and propagates this as been true for all hispanics.
and you know what? even if it does not describe me, i would still have a problem with it.
if people go around accusing all black people of being welfare queens and thiefs, should i just sit back and accept this as fact? when people say all muslims are terrorist, should i bo bo along. and say yes, those darn sand naggers! no. generalizations are stupid. unless based on data. and here there is not data on the hispanic population. it is on illegal womens.
you all can be complascent, but when i here stupid generalizations about a whole groups, i will dispute them. i try not to muddy myslef in these hate filled threads. but sometimes it gets too crazy.

hispanics have great family values. and so do immigrant women. they might not have the best contraceptive methods tho...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration