U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I realize all this. But what if someone broke into your home, and offered to paint your bathroom, or help with the laundry? It would be OK then...wouldn't it? If the trespassers were 'nice' trespassers?

BTW, no, when I say "America belongs to everybody", I don't mean only US citizens...I mean EVERYBODY. Just ask the Statue of Liberty...she'll back me up....(sarcasm button on 'high')...
No. It wouldn't be ok.... They broke into my house and now say since I am here I'll paint your bathroom. But I want special treatment in exchange. I want to live in your house, I want you to feed me, send my children to college, and by the way you will need to learn to speak my language I am not comfortable with yours. Oh and by the way expect company because all my fellow trespassers will be coming to stay also.
The statue of Liberty is part of our constitution? It writes our laws? It is a symbol. That symbol donated to us by the french. A symbol of legal immigration.
Sorry the USA is in fact a nation of peoples who have laws and like all other nations the right to decide how it controls immigration. WE don't owe anyone a living. Least of all those who do not respect our rights, or our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't know..it's all so confusing. Last year I had a plumber in my home for two days. I paid him, he left, and has never returned. So even though he 'came here to help me', he apparently feels no claim to actually LIVE here.

This is all VERY hard to 'sort out'....
Not really hard at all Mac. Was the plumber paid the going rate? Did he do the job he was hired to do? Was a condition of service the right tolive in your home afterwards? No not hard at all. The big difference is that you invited the plumber in. He didn'tjust show up inside of your house and demand the right to re-plumb your house.
mac I respect you but man how I can disagree with you. We don't owe illegals anything. We don't owe prospective legals anything. It is on them to prove that they are worthy of a visa. Just like every other nation on earth we have the right to say yea or nea to any applicant. Just like your home they need to ask permission to enter first if you say no then that should be the end of it. Your reasons for saying no are not relevent.
LOL Mac I struggle knowing when you are being sarcastic and when you are serious. Yours is a sneaky yet funny humor. Peace my friend wanna join me Benicar and Jdubs for a beer someday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,826 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Reputation: 17698
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
But were they offering to paint for "free"? Or did you have to pay for their housing, food, and other expenses while they stayed there to paint? Wouldn't it have been cheaper and better to hire a painter just to do the job?
Let's further this analogy. That is your neighbor (large business growing produce). What if you do your own painting and other jobs and would never hire someone to do what you can and have been doing. What if you have to pay to educate your neighbors new live ins? What if you have to share the road with your neighbors increased head count. What if you need to go to the ER and your neighbors new guests are all in there in front of you. The line at the local WIC facility where your Neice is headed is lined down the street because of your neighbors new buddies that are living in his house illegally were there first. What if you go to the local lake and can't communicate with any of your new neighbors living next door because they don't have to assimilate? What if your nice neighborhood had a huge increase in crime and graffiti since your new friends moved in? Grafitti that just happens to match the flavor of speak of your new neighbors.

So you decide to complain to your neighbor and all he offers up is that your tomatoes are cheaper.

All of a sudden this picture looks different huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not really hard at all Mac. Was the plumber paid the going rate? Did he do the job he was hired to do? Was a condition of service the right tolive in your home afterwards? No not hard at all. The big difference is that you invited the plumber in. He didn'tjust show up inside of your house and demand the right to re-plumb your house.
mac I respect you but man how I can disagree with you. We don't owe illegals anything. We don't owe prospective legals anything. It is on them to prove that they are worthy of a visa. Just like every other nation on earth we have the right to say yea or nea to any applicant. Just like your home they need to ask permission to enter first if you say no then that should be the end of it. Your reasons for saying no are not relevent.
LOL Mac I struggle knowing when you are being sarcastic and when you are serious. Yours is a sneaky yet funny humor. Peace my friend wanna join me Benicar and Jdubs for a beer someday?
I think you need to understand macmeals "sarcasm" if that is the right word. That is how I took his post anyway. That is how I take his posts-thus my response to him. I was "playing along". Perhaps I misinterpreted-who knows.

BTW I agree with everything else you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 11:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I think you need to understand macmeals "sarcasm" if that is the right word. That is how I took his post anyway.
I agree 100%. He was simply reciting the lame arguments of pro-illegals. I don't believe for one moment macmeal was serious. He was illustrating the absurdity of the pro-illegal stance. He must not be here now. Otherwise, I'm sure he would have clarified his post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Where I get spun around is because it is the lame rhetoric we here from pro-illegals all the time.
Mac is okay he just sneaks up on me every once in a while.
The true bacl lash in America is due 100% because illegals have decided that they deserve special treatment/ consideration.
If a bank advertises that it will not be locking the vault at night, this makes the bank robber no less a bank robber in the end.
Saying its all corporate america's fault would be the same argument as forgiving the bank robbers their crime and blameing it all on the bank.
Like the bank we are foolish and irresponcible for not doing a better job securing the border. Like the bank robber the illegals are no less the criminal for what they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Where I get spun around is because it is the lame rhetoric we here from pro-illegals all the time.
Mac is okay he just sneaks up on me every once in a while.
The true bacl lash in America is due 100% because illegals have decided that they deserve special treatment/ consideration.
If a bank advertises that it will not be locking the vault at night, this makes the bank robber no less a bank robber in the end.
Saying its all corporate america's fault would be the same argument as forgiving the bank robbers their crime and blameing it all on the bank.
Like the bank we are foolish and irresponcible for not doing a better job securing the border. Like the bank robber the illegals are no less the criminal for what they do.


I agree 100%. Lax politicians and greedy corporations are no justification for this illegal alien invasion. Illegal aliens know what they are doing is wrong yet they have a feeling of entitlement and they and their apologists blame it on everything but the illegal's actions. Whether it is "easy" or "difficult" to sneak in this country/overstay a visa, commit ID theft or fraud, etc. is besides the point. Illegal aliens are responsible for thier own wrong actions.

Last edited by nicolem; 09-08-2008 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,625,689 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I think you need to understand macmeals "sarcasm" if that is the right word. That is how I took his post anyway. That is how I take his posts-thus my response to him. I was "playing along". Perhaps I misinterpreted-who knows.

BTW I agree with everything else you said.
Guilty as charged..the sarcasm habit is a tough one to break. Forgive me, all. I just can't seem to keep in mind that my silly, outrageous sarcastic nonsense ACTUALLY reflects what others see as 'rational thought'.

As far as joining anyone for a beer, sounds GOOD. If you're buying, it sounds even BETTER....

Peace, everyone....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM
 
3,859 posts, read 9,179,962 times
Reputation: 2728
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Guilty as charged..the sarcasm habit is a tough one to break. Forgive me, all. I just can't seem to keep in mind that my silly, outrageous sarcastic nonsense ACTUALLY reflects what others see as 'rational thought'.

As far as joining anyone for a beer, sounds GOOD. If you're buying, it sounds even BETTER....
Peace, everyone....

I think that would be great! I enjoy your sarcasm-btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I think that would be great! I enjoy your sarcasm-btw.
Come on in and the first round is on me. Pitbull aka jdubs mom is going to sing for us too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top