Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times

Advertisements

When all else fails, play the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 PM

172 posts, read 309,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Whatever.

It doesn't require too many brain cells to come up with that tired old line.

You think you can cow people into submission just because you use that lame expression.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM

178 posts, read 735,184 times
Quote:
yeah, right... like it has nothing to do with your posts here. One
person said their kid didn't get hired at McDonalds because of
hispanics. If they are hired at McDonalds then they are citizens
so it's obvious it's more that just the illegals. I mean if you're gonna
be a hater why not just admit it?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont need them that's for sure I would pay more. I find it rather offensive that people say we are generalizing these "poor immigrants" then turn around and generalize that they work harder than me a legal female. I have worked 3 jobs to support my family, I even did construction work that seems too hard for alot of people, I work 14 hour days sometimes, my husband works in construction and has for 20 years, in AZ heat no less ,you do what you have to do. They only thing they work harder at is playing the system.
I wasn't generalizing, and there's no need for me to provide statistics, since I said "they often work harder"... this in no way implies they all do, or that the hard workers outnumber those who are legal. Boy, I really have to explain and define every word on here! It was simply a way of stating they not only have jobs, but are just as likely to work hard/harder at these jobs. I've been around the Latino (illegal & legal) community my whole life, so I don't need statistics or numbers to know this - the proof is in the pudding, so to speak. And can you honestly say that EVERY legal citizen is a harder worker than the illegal ones? If not, there's no need to prove my point further...

Old 02-05-2007, 01:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Actually given a chance I know alot of kids that would do the work. My sons cub scout troop does it, my oldest son does it for part time work on top of the full time job and college. I think alot of people are blind to what alot of kids will do, they just assume they wouldnt do the work,probably because they arent doing many of those jobs today, illegals are. Kids need to be giving the chance before people go around generalizing them. I picked strawberries for two summers before I was told I wasnt needed, they got "others" to do it for less. heck I was only earning 2.00 a pallet!!
Your kids would drop out of school to pick produce?! And you'd want them to do that? Farms need people from early in the morning to sunset so there is no way for kids to go to school and pick produce... But you knew that, right? So what would you do? Home school them in the evenings?

I think this is fantastic that you believe your kids could have a better life picking produce instead of going to school. Viva Americano!

Old 02-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Quote:
When all else fails, use the lame cop-out line above...

If you can't see the racism in these discussions (not from everyone, but plenty of examples), you're either blind or in serious denial about your own views.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
When all else fails, use the lame cop-out line above...

If you can't see the racism in these discussions (not from everyone, but plenty of examples), you're either blind or in serious denial about your own views.

How does one do a cyber-high-five?

Because that's what I feel like giving you

Old 02-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
The morans last resort.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la quinta family View Post
yeah, right... like it has nothing to do with your posts here. One
person said their kid didn't get hired at McDonalds because of
hispanics. If they are hired at McDonalds then they are citizens
so it's obvious it's more that just the illegals. I mean if you're gonna
be a hater why not just admit it?
Yes, exactly!! Most legitimate corporations, especially one as large & scrutinized as McDonald's, will not hire someone without proof of citizenship... I've been in the job market for a few months (just accepted my dream job today! ), and EVERY employer required proof. Granted, I'm looking at professional jobs, but I've found the minimum-wage jobs are even more strict... I applied at PetSmart a few years back, and actually didn't finish the process because it was too stringent for me! They had background checks, medical tests, fingerprinting, and even the threat of a lie-detector test, for goodness sakes. Anyway, what you said is absolutely correct... many of these people are complaining about Hispanics, not illegal immigrants, and therefore it becomes a clear issue of race.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post

How does one do a cyber-high-five?

Because that's what I feel like giving you
LOL... back at'cha!

I've actually seen people insert different emoticons, but I'm not sure how they do it - anyone know??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration