U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:37 AM

989 posts, read 5,325,289 times

Advertisements

I work in the visa/passports sector of the government, and lemme tell you it's a rare day when I see female immigrants(naturalized or not) with a job. Seriously about 9 out of ten list their occupation as "housewife."

Do you think female illegal aliens work?
Moderator cut: Offensive

Last edited by Yac; 02-05-2007 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
That is interesting concerning most Americans the husband and wife work. I live in a resort town and most of us work 2-3 different jobs just to pay the bills. Yes, we do landscaping,housekeeping,yardwork, nannie's. But, these are all the jobs none of us want so, lets give them away. I really don't understand the concept Americans won't do these jobs.
Americans have been doing these jobs forever and when the season would get busy then, they would bring in immigrants to help and then, they returned home. The problem is now they are staying and jobs for teenagers are getting harder and harder too find.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 AM

566 posts, read 1,838,771 times
Sure they work...but like we say here in Miami - under the table. They work as nurses aides, maids, nanny's, etc. Lots come with tourist visas & the cash they get, they buy stuff and take everything back to their country and they do it over & over...

Old 02-05-2007, 09:40 AM

173 posts, read 371,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
I work in the visa/passports sector of the government, and lemme tell you it's a rare day when I see female immigrants(naturalized or not) with a job. Seriously about 9 out of ten list their occupation as "housewife."

Do you think female illegal aliens work? Moderator cut: Offensive
I don't know whether they work or not, but I do know they are taking all of the shopping carts away from the grocery stores, and leaving them all over town. Makes me angry too, because that causes a rise in the cost of lettuce.

By the way, we do need lots of farm workers in this country, because there are 20,000,000 illegal aliens to feed.

I have to mention, everything I just wrote is not unfair, it is factual.

Last edited by Yac; 02-05-2007 at 10:28 AM..

Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Yeah some work, usually housecleaning type of work.

Quote:
By the way, we do need lots of farm workers in this country, because there are 20,000,000 illegal aliens to feed.

You got that right.

I guess by some of the posts. I should just hand over my whole paycheck(s)to the hospitals and whatever else to support these illegals. OH wait, i'm purdy much doing that now. Unreal how some people think it's ok for them to bleed the system dry, when their not even entitled to it.

Not all farmers hire illegals either. I personally know some who do all their farming work themselves, usually the whole family.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 AM

146 posts, read 530,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
I don't know whether they work or not, but I do know they are taking all of the shopping carts away from the grocery stores, and leaving them all over town. Makes me angry too, because that causes a rise in the cost of lettuce.

Oh my goodness, a funny post! Well done BerryPie.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM

28,180 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post

Are you kidding??? I certainly hope so...

Old 02-05-2007, 10:24 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
LOL! By the title of this thread, I understand some folks don't interact with illegal immigrants. Which is fine, but is obvious to those who do.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:32 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,378,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, of course they work, and often much harder than legal female citizens... for you to suggest otherwise and to say they're "popping out babies", is quite derogatory and ignorant.
Where are the statistics for your assertion that illigal alien women often work much harder, etc....just your opinion, I think. There is no basis in fact that the United States 'needs' illegal aliens to do work. The problem only started about 10 years ago. I guess 10 years ago, no one was having their landscaping done; no one was building houses; no one was cleaning hotels and motels; no one was working in the fast food joints! Those must have been just robots working in the fast food joints, doing construction, doing landscaping, 10 years ago...no one will EVER convince me that we NEED these people. NEVER. Big business needs them; I'd gladly pay more for goods and services, knowing that in doing so I was, in some small way, enabling another American family to get ahead.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:39 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Where are the statistics for your assertion that illigal alien women often work much harder, etc....just your opinion, I think. There is no basis in fact that the United States 'needs' illegal aliens to do work. The problem only started about 10 years ago. I guess 10 years ago, no one was having their landscaping done; no one was building houses; no one was cleaning hotels and motels; no one was working in the fast food joints! Those must have been just robots working in the fast food joints, doing construction, doing landscaping, 10 years ago...no one will EVER convince me that we NEED these people. NEVER. Big business needs them; I'd gladly pay more for goods and services, knowing that in doing so I was, in some small way, enabling another American family to get ahead.
I dont need them that's for sure I would pay more. I find it rather offensive that people say we are generalizing these "poor immigrants" then turn around and generalize that they work harder than me a legal female. I have worked 3 jobs to support my family, I even did construction work that seems too hard for alot of people, I work 14 hour days sometimes, my husband works in construction and has for 20 years, in AZ heat no less ,you do what you have to do. They only thing they work harder at is playing the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or