Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 10:50 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

Her testimony put her in danger and derailed her plans to study in Italy on a scholarship. She said she received death threats and was attacked by a knife-wielding man while she and her mother were at a shopping center.

“I was being pressured to change my story,” she said. “But I wasn’t raised like that. I wouldn’t do that.”

Eventually, she fled the country and joined her mother — who had obtained permanent resident status years earlier — in California. Padgett began working on getting her own permanent resident status and enrolled in college to finish her degree.

“For a while, I felt safe,” she said. “But the threatening e-mails began again. I don’t know how they found me.”

By this time, her mother had moved to Scranton and Padgett decided to join her. She continued working on obtaining the necessary paperwork to be a legal resident.

During a background check done as part of that process, officials discovered that she was wanted for murder. She was arrested while working as the assistant manager at Bath & Body Works, a job she obtained by making up a Social Security number.

Wrongly accused

It took months of effort by the Davis family and several trips by Padgett’s mother to Honduras before government officials there deemed the murder warrant “a careless mistake,” according to official letters received by her attorney, Stephen Converse.

Deportation, murder charges rip Honduran woman from fiance | News | standardspeaker.com - The Standard Speaker (http://standardspeaker.com/articles/2008/08/18/news/hz_standspeak.20080818.a.pg4.hz18_tttania_s1.18853 67_loc.txt - broken link)

I sympathize to a very small degree if she is being truthful about being stalked by murderers. However, there is no excuse for her illegal entry,. lying, making up a social security number and stealing a job from a qualified American.

I say, prosecute and deport her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
I agree. None of this changes the fact that she is an illegal alien. Goodbye!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I agree. None of this changes the fact that she is an illegal alien. Goodbye!
Agreed. But the sob stories have become a part of their routine. They have yet to realize that Americans are fresh out of sympathy no matter what irrationality led them to illegal entry and every crime commited thereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration