Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,526,482 times

Advertisements

The 14th Amendment needs to be rescinded pronto! They're estimating 3 million, but in reality, nobody knows the actual number.

Quote:
Quiroz is one of an estimated 3 million American children who have at least one parent who entered the United States illegally, according to the Urban Institute, which researches and evaluates U.S. social and economic issues.

In Quiroz's case, she was born in Washington state, lived there her entire life and went to school there. But her mother, Ana Reyes, entered the United States illegally before Quiroz was born and U.S. immigration officials caught up with her last year on her birthday.
U.S. teen: 'I felt like there were no dreams for me' - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM

50,158 posts, read 46,829,875 times
It's unfortunate that parents choose to place their children in these difficult situations."

That pretty much sums it up. Every Criminal is desperate and wants to better themselves one way or another. Most people that rob banks are desperate too.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,526,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's unfortunate that parents choose to place their children in these difficult situations."

That pretty much sums it up. Every Criminal is desperate and wants to better themselves one way or another. Most people that rob banks are desperate too.
I agree. It's unfortunate that children must suffer. Although I have compassion for the girl, she has only her mom to blame for her circumstances. They claim to come here illegally seeking a better life. Apparently they fail to understand how their criminal behavior will impact the lives of their children.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,390,265 times
Quote:
Two of her brothers, who had come with their mother to the United States when they were young children, also were taken into custody.
It was the start of a downward spiral for Quiroz. When her mother and brothers were deported, Quiroz and her 6-year-old, American-born sister had no choice but to return to Mexico City with them.
How many kids does this "woman" actually have? "Two of her brothers? How many more brothers does she have in addition to the 6 year old sister? Who and where are the "fathers" of all of these children?

In light of the fact that they were in America illegally means that living in America should never have been considered an "option". Nor should any of them have expected to remain here.

Quote:
Her seventh-grade year was spent in a classroom where she didn't understand the language.
"I never belonged there," she says. "I'd just come home, sit down, cry. I'd say, 'Mom, I can't do it.' ... I can't read or write Spanish."
She adds, "I felt like there were no dreams for me."
Stories like these are becoming more common, immigration analysts say, with American children caught in the middle of their mother or father's illegal status. A report last month in the Journal of the American Medical Association said these children face "increasing risk of family separation, economic hardship and psychological trauma."
While I am sorry there are no dreams for them in their homeland, its not fair that they assume its okay for them to steal the dream of an American citizen either. The fact of the matter is none of them belonged in the US and they should blame their "mother" for putting them in this postion and of building false hopes based on deceit and preconceived criminal activities.

As for the economical hardhips and psychological trauma they may sustain? Gee, maybe the children of these manipulative, calculating breeders who are responsible for the messy, chaotic, criminal lives they provide for them should consider holding them accountable for their actions. It is neither our fault or responsibility to provide any of their needs, including fulfilling their "dreams".

The sob stories are really getting old and I for one have become immune to any form of sympathy for the irresponsible "breeders" who don't think about nor care about the trauma and economic hardships that their offspring will suffer as a result of their criminal actions.

Quote:
"It's really hard to imagine something that can be more traumatic than to be forcibly separated from their caregiver. That's the enforcement climate that we're operating in now," says Miriam Calderon, the associate director for education and children's policy at the National Council of La Raza, the largest Hispanic advocacy group in the United States.
If they are so concerned about the ignorance and malfeasance that results from the actions of those of their illegal alien raza, these pimps need to consider spending some of our tax dollars that are in the coffers to educate "their people" about the use of birth control. They should also inform them of the consequences of having multiple children with no means of support and the consequences of entering the US illegally.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-10-2008 at 12:24 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,332,755 times
A loop hole in the law seems to be that if your an immigrant who is here temp bases or legal resident who is also supposed to return to another country and you have a baby you now can stay and get your citizenship .

The anchor baby method can be effective . My area is baby land and most legal residents who now have citizenship door opened

Old 09-10-2008, 12:30 PM

9,595 posts, read 31,630,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The 14th Amendment needs to be rescinded pronto! They're estimating 3 million, but in reality, nobody knows the actual number.
ALL incentives that encourage any individual to enter this country ILLEGALLY need to be eliminated immediately.

The Anchor Baby fiasco and employment as well as all forms of welfare and special benefits need to go NOW.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:32 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,307,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
ALL incentives that encourage any individual to enter this country ILLEGALLY need to be eliminated immediately.

The Anchor Baby fiasco and employment as well as all forms of welfare and special benefits need to go NOW.

Absolutely! As we have all said before-if this happened most would self-deport.

Nicolem

Old 09-10-2008, 12:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,390,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
A loop hole in the law seems to be that if your an immigrant who is here temp bases or legal resident who is also supposed to return to another country and you have a baby you now can stay and get your citizenship .

The anchor baby method can be effective . My area is baby land and most legal residents who now have citizenship door opened
The problem with that "loophole" is that it doesn't automatically guarantee that the "parents" will be granted citizenship. Additionally, although the anchor is considered a US citizen, for as long as that child is a minor, he/she is the responsiblity of the illegal alien parent. Should the parent be deported and there is no legal citizen/relative willing to care for that child in the absence of the illegal alien parent, that child must return to the homeland with the parent.

When the child turns 18 he/she may re-enter the US and petition the US for the purpose of chain migrating their family members.

As far as I'm concerned it is way past time to close the loophole and abolish the 14th Amendment.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,620,754 times
I feel for the girl, but ultimately the mother is at fault. If I went to england and had a baby, would they let me stay indefinately? How about spain? Turkey? The netherlands? Mexico? Argentina? Certainly not iceland.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,410,278 times
She can take her kid back with her where she came from.

Period.

Why would the kid be a citizen if her parents don't have legal status? This is the most abused amendment we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration