U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

An immigrant-smuggling ring operating for years out of a spacious Fallbrook house brought dozens of people into the country and made its operators hundreds of thousands of dollars, authorities said yesterday.

Illegal immigrants were provided with bogus documents, crossed the border at San Ysidro and then waited in the guest house on the same property as the 3,200-square-foot, four-bedroom home until friends or family paid the smuggling fee.
A Fallbrook couple and their adult children pleaded not guilty to conspiracy, smuggling and tax charges in federal court yesterday. They were arrested Friday.

The matriarch, Maria del Carmen Alvarez, 53, asked a judge to appoint a publicly paid lawyer, saying she doesn't have a job.

But prosecutor Tim Salel said that's not true.

“She has been working, albeit in alien smuggling, for the last three decades,” he said.

Investigators zeroed in on dozens of money transfers used to pay for the smuggling.

In a six-year period from 2000 to 2005, Alvarez collected 124 wire transfers related to smuggling, totaling more than $280,000, according to a 49-count indictment unsealed yesterday.

Her husband, Indalecio Alvarez Montoya, 57, picked up nearly $50,000 in wire transfers during that period, and their children, Juan Alvarez and Patricia Marquez, more than $150,000.

Onell Soto: (619) 593-4958; onell.soto@uniontrib.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080909-9999-1m9smuggle.html

Un-freaking believable. The sheer arrogance of these culturally embedded criminals never ceases to amaze me. They have gotten away with making fools of the American taxpayers for so long, they expect us to pay for everything.

They need to skip the trial, and let all of them rot in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
The neighborhood is notable for custom homes on large lots.

In addition to the Fallbrook home, with more than $300,000 in equity, Salel said, the couple have a strip mall in Corona, in Riverside County, with equity of more than $800,000.

Their 30-year-old son owns a 5-acre avocado farm, authorities said
Yes, she really sounds destitute.

Taxpayers should not be burdened with her legal expenses. They should seize the ill-gotten property. If not, Im sure the son can easily afford to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 11:29 AM
 
Location: South Bay Native
13,050 posts, read 21,163,651 times
Reputation: 22525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, she really sounds destitute.

Taxpayers should not be burdened with her legal expenses. They should seize the ill-gotten property. If not, Im sure the son can easily afford to pay.
I hope they seize all the property these goons obtained with their ill-gotten gains. Throw the book at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I hope they seize all the property these goons obtained with their ill-gotten gains. Throw the book at them.

ITA with both of you. Seizure of all of their ill gotten gains would put a dent in the balance of what they owe the US taxpayers and the victims of identity theft.

Gotta love those family values . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 AM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
culturally embedded criminals??? kinda like black people. with their african savagery. their culturally imbedded savagery and criminality.

why must you always turn what could be a decent conversation into a vomitting of race hatred?

how sad.

these individuals are criminals. they smuggled people in and im sure they will pay for that. they should not get a public defender. they should get all assets, all accounts and use those for the defense of these criminals. if they do get a public defender then the state should seize said assets and pay the public what is going to be spent on this trial. either way they probably will face hard time. if the case is tight, they will all be away for a while.

too bad for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
An immigrant-smuggling ring operating for years out of a spacious Fallbrook house brought dozens of people into the country and made its operators hundreds of thousands of dollars, authorities said yesterday.

Illegal immigrants were provided with bogus documents, crossed the border at San Ysidro and then waited in the guest house on the same property as the 3,200-square-foot, four-bedroom home until friends or family paid the smuggling fee.
A Fallbrook couple and their adult children pleaded not guilty to conspiracy, smuggling and tax charges in federal court yesterday. They were arrested Friday.

The matriarch, Maria del Carmen Alvarez, 53, asked a judge to appoint a publicly paid lawyer, saying she doesn't have a job.

But prosecutor Tim Salel said that's not true.

She has been working, albeit in alien smuggling, for the last three decades, he said.

Investigators zeroed in on dozens of money transfers used to pay for the smuggling.

In a six-year period from 2000 to 2005, Alvarez collected 124 wire transfers related to smuggling, totaling more than $280,000, according to a 49-count indictment unsealed yesterday.

Her husband, Indalecio Alvarez Montoya, 57, picked up nearly $50,000 in wire transfers during that period, and their children, Juan Alvarez and Patricia Marquez, more than $150,000.

Onell Soto: (619) 593-4958; onell.soto@uniontrib.com

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080909-9999-1m9smuggle.html

Un-freaking believable. The sheer arrogance of these culturally embedded criminals never ceases to amaze me. They have gotten away with making fools of the American taxpayers for so long, they expect us to pay for everything.

They need to skip the trial, and let all of them rot in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
culturally embedded criminals??? kinda like black people. with their african savagery. their culturally imbedded savagery and criminality.
How can you admonish her, and then post such garbage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How can you admonish her, and then post such garbage?
i know its garbage beni. thats why i have the rolleyes next to it. thats an example of how off this poster is. how is me saying that about black people any different than what she says about hispanics?

culturally imbedded criminlaity?

what is very telling is that no one sees this, or has a problem with it until i offer another example of what has been historically said about black people. its like no one sees how hateful it is, until you change a few words.

i dont stand behind those generalizations about black people. i simply used that as an example to show how ridiculous this poster sounds.

no offense intended. i apologize if i offended you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 12:34 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
culturally embedded criminals??? kinda like black people. with their african savagery. their culturally imbedded savagery and criminality.

why must you always turn what could be a decent conversation into a vomitting of race hatred?

how sad.

these individuals are criminals. they smuggled people in and im sure they will pay for that. they should not get a public defender. they should get all assets, all accounts and use those for the defense of these criminals. if they do get a public defender then the state should seize said assets and pay the public what is going to be spent on this trial. either way they probably will face hard time. if the case is tight, they will all be away for a while.

too bad for them.
Truth does not equal racial hatred. There are approximately 35 million hispanic illegal aliens in this country. The majority are from Mexico. The fact that they entered illegally is the precursor to the commission of further criminal acts. If it were less than 50 of them here illegally, driving, raping, murdering, stealing identities etc. those of you who continue to deny the truth might be able to justify your accusations and your perpetual use of the race card. The stories I post are real, not a figment of my imagination; nor do I target illegal alien hispanics. Therein lies the problem with your irrational assumption and accusations of my being a racist. If they didn't commit these crimes they wouldn't be printed by the hundreds daily. These articles merely serve as evidence and reality of the fact that Mexico has a culture of corruption.

Further proving that you have no grounds for your ridiculous accusations.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-09-2008 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
Reputation: 2244
more garbage from our prolific poster!!!

yes you hate mexico and its culture of corruption and its culturally imbedded criminals. bla bla bla. we get it.
what i dont understand is why every post is tainted by such ignorant hatred.

you cant simply discuss the facts without letting your true colors of ignorance shine.

so tell me then. we are talking about human traffickers, which i think are some of the worst people. why cant you just say that? they are some of the worst people. and im not quite sure the article mentioned these peoples citizen ship status, but im sure you would assume they are illegal. but all we can say about these people is that they are greedy, and looking to make a buck. greedy capitalists. thats how a lot of this nation got its money. being greedy being capaitalists. thats what these factories that make money by hiring illegals are considered. they are greedy. why would people, or hispanics in this case, be any different than these corps. they are all greedy. and greed is not culturally imbedded. just like criminality is not.

as for your assumption that illegality leads to further criminality, wasnt there another thread on this board, posted by you maybe, that would refute that? wasnt the once incarcerated later deproted illegal immigrant more prone to criminality?

not the larger illegal population as you state. and not the larger hispanic populaiton as you state. but those who had already been caught for doing dirt. most illegals dont do dirt. they go about there business. its the criminal ones that get caught.

and i dont have a problem with that. they are criminals. get them for drunk driving. get them for raping. get them for murdering. but to generalize a whole population as criminal based on culture is IGNORANT. stop trying to twist the "truth"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Truth does not equal racial hatred. There are approximately 35 million hispanic illegal aliens in this country. The majority are from Mexico. The fact that they entered illegally is the precursor to the commission of further criminal acts. If it were less than 50 of them here illegally, driving, raping, murdering, stealing identities etc. those of you who continue to deny the truth might be able to justify your accusations and your perpetual use of the race card. The stories I post are real, not a figment of my imagination; nor do I target illegal alien hispanics. Therein lies the problem with your irrational assumption and accusations of my being a racist. If they didn't commit these crimes they wouldn't be printed by the hundreds daily. These articles merely serve as evidence and reality of the fact that Mexico has a culture of corruption.

Further proving that you have no grounds for your ridiculous accusations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2008, 02:35 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
more garbage from our prolific poster!!!

yes you hate mexico and its culture of corruption and its culturally imbedded criminals. bla bla bla. we get it.
what i dont understand is why every post is tainted by such ignorant hatred.

you cant simply discuss the facts without letting your true colors of ignorance shine.

so tell me then. we are talking about human traffickers, which i think are some of the worst people. why cant you just say that? they are some of the worst people. and im not quite sure the article mentioned these peoples citizen ship status, but im sure you would assume they are illegal. but all we can say about these people is that they are greedy, and looking to make a buck. greedy capitalists. thats how a lot of this nation got its money. being greedy being capaitalists. thats what these factories that make money by hiring illegals are considered. they are greedy. why would people, or hispanics in this case, be any different than these corps. they are all greedy. and greed is not culturally imbedded. just like criminality is not.

as for your assumption that illegality leads to further criminality, wasnt there another thread on this board, posted by you maybe, that would refute that? wasnt the once incarcerated later deproted illegal immigrant more prone to criminality?

not the larger illegal population as you state. and not the larger hispanic populaiton as you state. but those who had already been caught for doing dirt. most illegals dont do dirt. they go about there business. its the criminal ones that get caught.

and i dont have a problem with that. they are criminals. get them for drunk driving. get them for raping. get them for murdering. but to generalize a whole population as criminal based on culture is IGNORANT. stop trying to twist the "truth"
35 Million criminals who illegally entered the US and proceed to rape the taxpayers without guilt equals a culture based on crime. Get it?

The fact that I am aware of this FACT and millions of articles on the internet confirms it, does not make me ignorant, and your ranting and raving will not change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top