U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:42 PM

164 posts, read 227,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is some kind of a joke, right?

No we are a better country due to other cultures.
European-African-Asian and now it's a rich diversed Hispanic culture that is adding to this great nation.

The more the better . It can only improve the country and the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Exactly, if other races hadnt exposed america to different cultures, america would be bland, we would eat turkey dinners everyday, and even if you dont like mexicans and illegals, i know you like mexican food, margaritas, tequila!
--------------

The Mexican culture is a rich and old culture with much to offer.
One of our neighbors has a pottery type store with Mexican pottery and it's awesome.
He picks it up in his old town in Mexico and sells it . Our whole town loves it .

We buy most of our vases ,etc there . Its rich in culture with amazing work.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:49 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,183,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
No we are a better country due to other cultures.
European-African-Asian and now it's a rich diversed Hispanic culture that is adding to this great nation.

The more the better . It can only improve the country and the world
If they are here illegally- they most certainly do not improve this country. They are lawbreakers, commit ID fraud/theft and suck American taxpayers dry with their use of social services. Just look at Califorinia.

The more the better? Would a billion people be "better". We are running out of natural resources and open space now at 300+ million. I disagree that that more is better-especially if it is people who refuse to obey the law.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:50 PM

25,492 posts, read 23,334,537 times
Quote:
ruin our culture

how do illegals ruin your culture?
our country has allowed them to break down our laws...whittle away laws and ignore the judicial system...they ruin our culture b/c they have this sense of entitlement...go to America, work, you don't have to pay taxes, you get free medical care...they break down the moral fabric of working together as a team. It's all about them...and what about all the money we've spent to accomodate Spanish? Lots of money, to translate and print all our directions that comes with the packaging of any item you purchase...it costs us more money to hire Spanish speaking teachers...and I resent the fact, that my Grand Daughter MUST learn Spanish in grade school, yet, illegals are not obligated to learn English. You cannot give to one and take from another...many of these illegals are working here, and not even spending their money here, but sending it back to their country...????? That breaks down the economy...

If I invite someone into my home, as a visitor, they are going to be on their best behavior, to work right along with us to help us be a successful family for the time that they are there. They are going to follow our house rules...they are going to do their best to pay us rent, and help us out around the house...they are going to work hard, perhaps two and three jobs to get ahead...by getting skilled labor, going to school, whatever.

I have had to work hard since I was 13 years old...no one gave me handouts...there was a time, when I needed help, and my parents did help me out, but I paid back every red cent. I wouldn't take that help any other way...when you take advantage of that help, not pay back, not become a working member of that family, you break down the family and soon become an unwelcomed guest. Same with the illegals.

I don't believe anyone in America minds if illegals came to this country and worked very hard, like our forefathers did, to learn the language and become a hard working member of the community

It's like welfare, there are many people who live off that system, and welfare breeds welfare...they teach their children the same culture, which is working against everyone else who is working very hard to be morally affluent in the community.

If you keep giving someone a free ride, they quickly learn how easy it is to live off of everyone else, which breaks down everyone else. We now have 990,000 illegals living in the U.S. who are not paying taxes....who do you think is paying for their free medical care? Who do you think is paying for every criminal out of Mexico who comes here to sell drugs...how much do you think goes out in tax dollars to pay our police officers to stop all those illegals who do not have valid drivers licenses, do not have insurance? When those officers could be doing something much more productive with their time.

Do you know, when you watch cops on TV...they are only allowed by law, to show a certain percentage of crimes committed by illegals, and certainly not allowed to say they are illegals? They are not allowed to show the public, just how many crimes are committed by illegals.

Think about it...when you start allowing one ethnic group to do one thing, but the other part of that group who are not ethnic...have to pay for the mistakes of the other, how doesn't that break down culture, how does that merit respect for the other half of human beings who are not obeying the laws.

Would you do that? Would you be able to go to another country and expect them to pay for you?

Of course not...they are smaller more smarter nations and realize that when you break the rules for one person, yet enforce them for another, it breaks down moral fibers of culture. One small thing, can cause a trickle down effect that ruins years of hard work. People do not realize the great effects issues like this has on the whole of the people.

How bout if I'd say, heck with it, I'm not paying taxes any more? I'm not going to speak the language...I'm just going to do what I want? Pretty soon, everything becomes chaotic. And by the way, the gangs in this country is extremely powerful right now. Let me tell you, out in CA, the news media was going to run a special but they were paid off not to, b/c politicians didn't want the public to know just how bad it really is.

Cops are afraid to go into those areas. You have personally not been effected yet by the hords of people living around you who are Mexican.

I'm not saying they're all bad people, but they are wrong in believing that it is fair to come here and work against us and our culture.

Plus, we are becoming so overrun by illegals, how in the world can our country be safer then before 911. It is impossible. All kinds of people are flooding into this country. You apparently have NO CLUE as to how bad it really is.

I'm sorry these people are in a bad way in Mexico...but if we don't straighten things out here now, we won't be in any position financially to help any other country out. WE'RE broke now, we keep printing money that we don't have.

AGain, if you want to live in this country fine, but do it as law abiding citizens of the United States.

I think we'd be doing ourselves a favor by making nice with Mexico and teaching them how to be self supportive...educate them as to how to make a better country for themselves...that would in turn teach them respect.

How the heck can you consciously be an illegal and conduct marches and protests without feeling guilty, why the neve of them and the nerve of our politicians for allowing it.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:52 PM

13,069 posts, read 21,200,893 times
Quote:
Exactly, if other races hadnt exposed america to different cultures, america would be bland, we would eat turkey dinners everyday, and even if you dont like mexicans and illegals, i know you like mexican food, margaritas, tequila!
I also like sushi, Sapporo, and Saki - does that mean we are forced to take on millions of the poorest people in Japan? What if I like Ethiopian food? Or Russian Vodka?

Here's a news flash - we already had plenty of different cultures represented in America before the illegal invasion, including Mexican culture. If we promise to stop eating burritos and drinking tequila, does that mean the illegals from at least Mexico will go home finally? I am willing if they are.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]If they are here illegally- they most certainly do not improve this country. They are lawbreakers, commit ID fraud/theft and suck American taxpayers dry with their use of social services. Just look at Califorinia.

The more the better? Would a billion people be "better". We are running out of natural resources and open space now at 300+ million. I disagree that that more is better-especially if it is people who refuse to obey the law.

A billion is to much I agree but 100 million is no big deal at all.
We can easily support such an influx.

Considering all the work they do to keep America running smoothly .
We owe them free health care,etc and you know we can afford it.

We need to cut back on wasted money and support those that work for us.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:57 PM

25,492 posts, read 23,334,537 times
Quote:

Fine, then you support them...
They are not keeping America running smoothly...what they are doing is sucking us dry...and by the way, we owe them NOTHING! No one owes me nothing...if I stop paying my taxes and bills, guess what is going to happen to me...you gonna feel sorry for me and pay em.

Yes, indeed, giving someone a free ride is wasted money....oh yeah, they work for us all right...they work for very cheap wages, and their employees are reaping the benefits by hiring them. In the meantime, while they're employers are getting rich, they're employees are sucking us dry.

Bianca, why don't you give away 50% of your pay to help them.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:58 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,183,025 times
Quote:

Actually-no I do not "know that we can afford it". We cannot and even if we could-they do not deserve a damn thing. Illegal aliens deserve a one way ticket home and they also should NEVER be able to come here legally.

100 million is "no big deal". Yea right.

Illegal aliens have not improved my life one bit nor do they work hard to keep America running smoothly. Pure B.S.

32,855 posts, read 30,126,734 times
Quote:

We can afford it? Please tell me what State U live in cause I'm moving there. I live in CA and it's upside down with ERs closing all the time due directly to the Illegal headcount.

13,069 posts, read 21,200,893 times
Quote:

You are funny!

Please feel free to post your address, and 'we' can funnel the 100 million to your home. I am pretty sure you've got lots of room, right? You probably don't lock your doors either, huh?

BTW - who is this "we/us" you are referring to? Is there a frog in your pocket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration