U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM

25,485 posts, read 23,323,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
-----------------

I am sorry you feel this way but changes are taking place which are for the best and you should not be afraid .
One unified America will make for a better world.
what exactly do you contribute to this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:47 PM

164 posts, read 227,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what exactly do you contribute to this country?

cheaper food prices among other things but that is a great contribution .

Old 09-11-2008, 04:50 PM

13,065 posts, read 21,193,396 times
Quote:
Can you contribute to making my food prices cheaper too? I don't want to miss out on your contribution. Apparently, the grocery stores in my area haven't received any of your "contribution" yet. Thanks in advance!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM

164 posts, read 227,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What was the question?

I was saying that building more hospitals and gvmt paying for medical school aslong as doctors work few yrs in a hospital will be the answer.

illegals are not yo blame for closing hospitals but America's ill run and corrupt insurance, medical industry is the problem.

illegals are used as scape goats.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
cheaper food prices....I think not...our prices for food have been going up, up, up...they tell you that, because they're paying you cheaply, but they are reaping the benefits of higher prices for food.

Now, tell me, what else do you do to contribute

do you pay taxes?

do you have a legal drivers license

what are you doing to become a legal citizen of the United States?

do you pay for your families medical care?

Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I was saying that building more hospitals and gvmt paying for medical school aslong as doctors work few yrs in a hospital will be the answer.

illegals are not yo blame for closing hospitals but America's ill run and corrupt insurance, medical industry is the problem.

no they are not...go to any hospital emergency room...do you think my aunt and her family were lying? Why do you think all the hospitals where illegals live are closing down...because they all go there, b/c they know that hospitals cannot legally turn them away. If your children are sick, with a flu you go there, and you don't have to pay a cent...we do.

If you really want to be a working member of the U.S. and be respected as such, then why not work for your citizenship and become legal...

because our very own politicians have made it to easy for you not to.

What the illegals are doing is not fair...I understand you want a better life, then join the community in doing what is right...

become a working citizen of the U.S. and no one would have a problem with you.

Don't fight the system and expect to be given free handouts.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,715,428 times
Quote:

Bull. Many of the hospitals that were forced to close had been in business for decades- some for over 100 years. There have always been patients who were unable to pay or able to pay only a part of the bill in every hospital in the US. Hospitals have always written off part of their uncollected bills as charity care.
Now why do you suppose it is that hospitals that have been dealing with having patients who simply cannot pay their bills for decades suddenly go belly up? I'll help you out- it is because they are overwhelmed with mobs of illegal aliens who have no intention of paying for their care and are not typically covered by Medicare/Medicaid. And why is it that most of the hospitals that have been forced to close their doors are in the southwest? Maybe because that is where most of the illegal aliens are?
The solutions proposed are nonsensical at best. People who are in the US illegally need to be returned to their home countries. That will take alot of the stress off our healthcare system.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,827,658 times
Quote:
-----------

I hope your son is better.
With the riches in America we need to build more hospitals that will be the answer.
No, the answer is to rid our country of illegal aliens. Furthermore, how does an illegal alien have the right to suggest how WE spend OUR tax dollars?

Old 09-11-2008, 06:49 PM

835 posts, read 1,175,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no they are not...go to any hospital emergency room...do you think my aunt and her family were lying? Why do you think all the hospitals where illegals live are closing down...because they all go there, b/c they know that hospitals cannot legally turn them away. If your children are sick, with a flu you go there, and you don't have to pay a cent...we do.

If you really want to be a working member of the U.S. and be respected as such, then why not work for your citizenship and become legal...

because our very own politicians have made it to easy for you not to.

What the illegals are doing is not fair...I understand you want a better life, then join the community in doing what is right...

become a working citizen of the U.S. and no one would have a problem with you.

Don't fight the system and expect to be given free handouts.

Very true...I am sorry about your aunt.
I was at the ER with my son on Tues. 9/9 and I was the only white person there. My son hit the side of our pool doing a cannonball and needed stitches. You are right about the Dr's being fed up...we got special attention and more care while waiting and got dirty looks from those who had been there longer. When we went to check out I was told we were the first ones to have insurance that night and the staff had to get up to get the right forms. How pathetic is that. It costs me a whole $500/month for a family of 5 and I am self-employed. Illegal's don't have health ins. because they don't want to pay for it, but they all have cell phones, IPods and their kids are wearing the $200 Nike LeBron...
Parkland hosp. in Dallas has been rated one of the nation's top hosp. for 15 years in a row and 70% of babies born there are illegal with no insurance.
Quote:
A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That's 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas.
According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million. The average patient in Parkland maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.
OK, fine. That doesn't mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital, they do. "Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics. NINE The Dallas Morning News article followed a Hispanic woman who was a patient at one of the clinics and pregnant with her third child---her previous two were also born at Parkland. Her first two deliveries were free and the Mexican native was grateful because it would have cost $200 to have them in Mexico. This time, the hospital wants her to pay $10 per visit and $100 for the delivery but she was unsure if she could come up with the money.
http://www.ratemds.com/social/?q=node/29590
I paid $10,000 for my second son as he was early and spent 5 weeks in NICU. That was only 20% of the bill and my portion to pay. I paid it and it hurt...but I paid it and all at once on time.

I am sick of paying for someone else and I want to be able to take my child to the ER for a problem like broken bones or stitches and not worry about him catching MRSA or Hepatitis while we are there. Then to watch them rally and parade around with their We hate America signs after they suck us dry...take them south and dump them off. Maybe then Texas schools could do better on National tests as we wouldn't have the illegals dragging us down.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:07 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Building more hospitals, who do you think is going to pay for that? The Taxpayers! Why, to house those who contribute nothing to taxes????? What if the situation were reversed, and we came to Mexico and did the same thing to you...? My goodness, you all would be livid.

Quote:

There are at least 30 illegals a day who go to emergency rooms for free medical care and don't pay a dime...how long do you think a hospital can operate like that?

Quote:
No, the illegals are USING AMericans to pay their way...illegals get everything for free, and the AMericans pay for it...we have to carry your bills....

so tell me, what else do illegals contribute.

Like I suggested before, if you want to become an American citizen, fine....I'm all for you staying here...and I would fight for you to stay here if you were...but to come here and not only take advantage of our systems, drain them, and then, feel this sense of entitlement to do so is like slapping an American right across the face. You are feeding off of American tax dollars...you want and expect everything to be given to you...and now, you have the right to vote. This is and should be actually criminal....

you want education/jobs, and yet you do nothing to contribute to the American public to become a legal citizen, to pay taxes, to pay for your schools...it's all being paid by the American public, and I quit honestly cannot understand how you could do such a thing and sleep at night. You are literally taking money away from the American's and living off of them...how unjust....and you don't feel the least bit ashamed or guilty, but more so, Entitled? Amazing.

This is what our government has allowed and done to us...not one politician is addressing this out of hand issue, instead we're talking about lipstick on pigs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration