U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,052,456 times

Advertisements

The greedy construction companies preferred cheap illegal labor.

[sorry, its called "smart business", and by the way i bet the "illegals"didnt complain about their 1 hr lunch and 2 a5 min breaks, and about union fees, etc etc]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 10:44 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
The greedy construction companies preferred cheap illegal labor.

[sorry, its called "smart business", and by the way i bet the "illegals"didnt complain about their 1 hr lunch and 2 a5 min breaks, and about union fees, etc etc]
No, it's call a violation of federal immigration law. You seem to know quite a bit about the New Orleans illegal workers. Were you a member of the crew?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:52 AM

2,625 posts, read 10,052,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it's call a violation of federal immigration law. You seem to know quite a bit about the New Orleans illegal workers. Were you a member of the crew?
no but my uncle was, making 40 buck an hour too, we bought alot tortillas and tequila too!!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 11:11 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Without Illegal Immigrants we wouldn't need Unions. IIs drive wages down, Unions drive them back up.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,668,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
Well folks, it doesn't get any more pathetic than this. Comparing somebody who's here illegally to child molesters and murders.

While we're at it, lets compare anyone who's ever gone over the speed limit (the law is the law is the law, after all) to serial rapist also. Crime is crime.
Was that the message you found in my post, Rocket Power?

My point was LOUD AND CLEAR . . . if it is OK to ignore an Illegal Immigrant (a common criminal who has chosen to blatantly disrespect our immigration laws) due to the weather than it must be OK to ignore a Rapist or a Murderer or a Child Molester and the list goes on and on.

There was no intent to compare and/or condone criminals of any type.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM

32,801 posts, read 30,052,880 times
The Burger King method of abiding laws. I like that one, but not that one. Do you want fries with that?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:02 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
They should be arrested and deported immediately. They should either take their damn kids that they had in this country or put them up for adoption. That should be their only two choices.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,694,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Was that the message you found in my post, Rocket Power?

My point was LOUD AND CLEAR . . . if it is OK to ignore an Illegal Immigrant (a common criminal who has chosen to blatantly disrespect our immigration laws) due to the weather than it must be OK to ignore a Rapist or a Murderer or a Child Molester and the list goes on and on.

There was no intent to compare and/or condone criminals of any type.
-------------
You make it sound like it's just alittle rain storm no big deal get an umbrella .

An evacuation means that a storm.etc might be coming that can kill, destroy those doing the evacuation are not concerned nor should they be who is legal or not.

They are also not looking for those with arrest warrants they simply don't have the time . They have only 1 objective -Get people out fast/safe.

Thank God the gvmt during emergency isn't getting input from you and kittenator other wise a 6 hour evacuation would take 6 months .

Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,694,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenator1979 View Post
I didn't say that FEMA should be there arresting for that purpose. If they come across someone who is not here legally, it is their obligation to uphold the law.
Illegal vs. Legal, a luxury? It is a, earned privilege to live in the US not a right. You realize that we are paying for these people to commit illegal activity??
------------

Fema's job is to uphold the law or provide aid/rescue during emergency?

I don't think they have anything to do with law .

Putting that aside if Fema or Police began to look for illegal's during evacuation's they would never evacuate anyone . It would become a time consuming mess.

Do you have any concept of what an evacuation is? It's not an ICE raid . It's an operation which the objective is to do just that EVACUATE. No one has the time nor manpower to now arrest and transport illegals .
They need to be getting people out.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
no but my uncle was, making 40 buck an hour too, we bought alot tortillas and tequila too!!!!
If they were willing to pay $40/hr, they would have hired legal citizens. Cheap labor is the only reason the legal residents of New Orleans were denied employment. They will try to do the same this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration