Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
For Quiroz, her journey from America to Mexico City took an unexpected turn when her plight caught the attention of Joe Kennard, a land developer and Christian philanthropist. Kennard reached out to Quiroz's mother and told her the teen could live with his family in Texas and enroll in school there.
At least someone who was under no obligation stepped in and took custody of Julie Quiroz so she could at least finish out her education here in the USA.

As I have stated in the past: definitely eliminate the Anchor Baby loophole but grandfather in the existing ones-----especially those above maybe age 10-12 as per JDubsMom's suggestion..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,388,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
[/b]

It is beyond disgusting. As we know, this amendment was to ensure that, after slavery was abolished, children of slaves would be citizens.

I guess this ranks up there with illegals trying to act like the Civil Rights movement somehow applies to them. We hear it all the time. Trying to compare illegal alien lawbreakers with legal black Americans and their ancestors who were denied basic rights is-well beyond words. If I wrote what I truly felt about that I would get banned.
Agreed. As far as stating what you really think and being banned as a result of doing so. Add me to that list.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:35 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Wow . . .just wow. Just when I think I've heard/read it all. That is quite an amazing story right down to them "trading SSN".

I originally went down there with the intent to help the poor, the uninsured...I also went deep into the villages of southern Mexico to provide care and education...I worked with illegal GED students...

You want stories? I got lots of stories. Let me sum up: you don't want these people here.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:49 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,388,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I originally went down there with the intent to help the poor, the uninsured...I also went deep into the villages of southern Mexico to provide care and education...I worked with illegal GED students...

You want stories? I got lots of stories. Let me sum up: you don't want these people here.
I can only imagine the stories you have on a personal level. Just reading and posting them from the internet convinced me long ago to join the fight against amnesty. They have already convinced me to have no desire to get to know any of them up close and personal.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,331,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Isn't that interesting? Yet we are expected to accommodate Spanish-speaking illegals in our country. Considering she's also a citizen of Mexico, I would certainly think they would have made provisions for her deficiency.

Yes they make provisions if you are American born . Its called having the police break her face AFTER the students beat her up.

Thats the provisions made in much of Latin America .

Old 09-10-2008, 04:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,061,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Yes they make provisions if you are American born . Its called having the police break her face AFTER the students beat her up.

Thats the provisions made in much of Latin America .
That is stupid at best.............if the child's mother or father was a citizen of, say, Mexico........said child committed no crime. The girl in this case is indeed a Mexican citizen under Mexican law.

So much for Calderon's comment wherever there are Mexicans-------there is Mexico.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is stupid at best.............if the child's mother or father was a citizen of, say, Mexico........said child committed no crime. The girl in this case is indeed a Mexican citizen under Mexican law.

So much for Calderon's comment wherever there are Mexicans-------there is Mexico.

She doesn't read/write Spanish . She will not be treated as a Mexican citizen due to her past and being fluent in English not Spanish.

her butt will be kicked

Old 09-10-2008, 04:05 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
She doesn't read/write Spanish . She will not be treated as a Mexican citizen due to her past and being fluent in English not Spanish.

her butt will be kicked
Can you explain to me why that is? Why on earth would anyone want to hurt a 13 year old girl because she doesn't speak Spanish?

Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Can you explain to me why that is? Why on earth would anyone want to hurt a 13 year old girl because she doesn't speak Spanish?
----------

If she is in a Mexican school and has hard time with Spanish she will become a magnet for beatings.

She is seen as an "Uncle Tom" due to her weak Spanish .

If she didn't read/write English either than it's not bad as some in Mexico can't read/write but she has knowledge of English over Spanish.

Spanish is the language not English you don't have a Native grasp of the language than your a half "gringo" and as George Lopez would say "WATCH OUT" .

The kids in her class will hate her .

Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
----------

If she is in a Mexican school and has hard time with Spanish she will become a magnet for beatings.

She is seen as an "Uncle Tom" due to her weak Spanish .

If she didn't read/write English either than it's not bad as some in Mexico can't read/write but she has knowledge of English over Spanish.

Spanish is the language not English you don't have a Native grasp of the language than your a half "gringo" and as George Lopez would say "WATCH OUT" .

The kids in her class will hate her .
I wonder how that behavior would be received if the foot were on the other shoe....i.e. someone going to school in the U.S. getting beaten up or hated for not speaking English. You speak as if this is the "norm". Maybe their tolerance for 'diversity' SOB is how we should model our approach to non-English speakers. Yeah, that was sarcastic - I'm totally not serious...but it definitely puts things into perspective doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration