U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:44 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I wonder how that behavior would be received if the foot were on the other shoe....i.e. someone going to school in the U.S. getting beaten up or hated for not speaking English. You speak as if this is the "norm". Maybe their tolerance for 'diversity' SOB is how we should model our approach to non-English speakers. Yeah, that was sarcastic - I'm totally not serious...but it definitely puts things into perspective doesn't it?
It certainly does. I also find it rather ironic that she would be ostracized for coming from a country they flock to by the millions to "seek a better life" -- the land of milk and honey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:03 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It certainly does. I also find it rather ironic that she would be ostracized for coming from a country they flock to by the millions to "seek a better life" -- the land of milk and honey.

She will be lucky if only ostracized but it is not because she came from USA but it's because she "chose" English over Spanish . American "culture/ways" over Mexico's.

You can come here and go back countless do but don't come back "American" over Mexican.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:07 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I wonder how that behavior would be received if the foot were on the other shoe....i.e. someone going to school in the U.S. getting beaten up or hated for not speaking English. You speak as if this is the "norm". Maybe their tolerance for 'diversity' SOB is how we should model our approach to non-English speakers. Yeah, that was sarcastic - I'm totally not serious...but it definitely puts things into perspective doesn't it?
------------

There is no tolerance for diversity in Mexico .

Even other Hispanic groups who go there for work can be KILLED and many are to this day.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------

There is no tolerance for diversity in Mexico .

Even other Hispanic groups who go there for work can be KILLED and many are to this day.
Just as I have always suspected. The majority are racists who hate Americans who come here to use, abuse and steal whatever they can get from us. Thanks for confirmation!

Old 09-10-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
She will be lucky if only ostracized but it is not because she came from USA but it's because she "chose" English over Spanish . American "culture/ways" over Mexico's.

You can come here and go back countless do but don't come back "American" over Mexican.
In other words, the idea of them coming here to become an "American" and assimilate, etc., is nothing but a huge manipulative lie, as I suspected. All of these sob stories, in particular those involving illegal children in our schools, aka DREAMies who are “American” and have no desire to be anything but American, is pure garbage. They will continue to use us until we put an end to this nonsense.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,309,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In other words, the idea of them coming here to become an "American" and assimilate, etc., is nothing but a huge manipulative lie, as I suspected. All of these sob stories, in particular those involving illegal children in our schools, aka DREAMies who are “American” and have no desire to be anything but American, is pure garbage. They will continue to use us until we put an end to this nonsense.
Well, I got spit on this afternoon and called a coconut because I am against illegals and wish to see a moratorium on legal immigration for a time until the country gets itself back together.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Well, I got spit on this afternoon and called a coconut because I am against illegals and wish to see a moratorium on legal immigration for a time until the country gets itself back together.
Someone actually spit on you?! That's outrageous. You have every right to your opinion, and you shouldn't have to contend with criminal apologists. They are the traitors, not you. Hang in there, we will prevail.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:32 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Any people who have family/friends living in mexico care to commet on this?

Would this be jealousy that this girl holds dual citizenship? Or is it la raza unfettered....in mexico they can be as blatantly racist as they want to be?

In either case, I do feel all the more sorry for the girl and others like her. But I also wonder where her parents first loyalty lies.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:08 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Any people who have family/friends living in mexico care to commet on this?

Would this be jealousy that this girl holds dual citizenship? Or is it la raza unfettered....in mexico they can be as blatantly racist as they want to be?

In either case, I do feel all the more sorry for the girl and others like her. But I also wonder where her parents first loyalty lies.
The 'La Raza' in Mexico is mostly White...............our MEChA types would not last long SOB.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,953,604 times
While living in Mexico City, I was told more then once that any person of mexican parents who is raised in the US is NOT considered a mexican because they have been Americanized for a use of a better word. Dual citizenship or not, they ar considered Americans. What else can I say, thats what they told me. The poor girl would have a hard time in their schools. The role could be reversed if a 13 yr old mexican girl was dropped into a 7th grade junior high school in the states. It would be very rough for her. Stefhen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration