U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i dont back the criminals one bit. you have me confused with some one else.

if you want to talk about a corrupt govt, then we can find many examples of that. on both sides of the border in fact. but thats for the politics section i suppose.

what i have a problem with is when people say that a person is corrupt because of their culture. that is ignorant. thats what JDM has said and continues to say. its ridiculous.
as ridiculous as me saying that black people are cultrually imbedded criminals. or culturally embedded with corruption
. she has said that about hispanics.

culture.
There’s a difference between culture and race. People can, and do, live in corrupt “cultures” where everything goes, and no one respects laws, and no one obeys laws. Macmeal has eloquently delineated this phenomenon on several occasions. Culture can be changed, race can’t.

It is not racist to state that people come from a culture of corruption. However, it is racist to state that an entire “race” is corrupt. That would imply a genetic basis for corruption; which of course is nonexistent. A person can live among various cultures during the course of a lifetime, but their race is constant.

Mexican is not a race, anymore than American is a race. Citizens of various races from Mexico are called Mexican, just as citizens of various races from the USA are called American. It is no more “racist” to say Mexicans are corrupt, than it would be to say Americans are corrupt.

Again, you’re comparing apples to oranges. You cannot compare a cultural mindset with genetic DNA.

Last edited by Benicar; 09-10-2008 at 07:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Actually, there is a culture of corruption. I know this because I have family in Mexico and I am of Mexican descent. The more I read your posts the more I realize how you are also a waste of time since no matter what anyone posts, you continually find ways to back the criminals and the people who wish to see the downfall of this country.
Bravo . . . I couldn't have said it better myself. Unfortunately, (as you well know) IA's and their supporters have a difficult time dealing with reality. A concept that involves acknowledging the truth.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There’s a difference between culture and race. People can, and do, live in corrupt “cultures” where everything goes, and no one respects laws, and no one obeys laws. Macmeal has eloquently delineated this phenomenon on several occasions. Culture can be changed, race can’t.

It is not racist to state that people come from a culture of corruption. However, it is racist to state that an entire “race” is corrupt. That would imply a genetic basis for corruption; which of course is nonexistent. A person can live among various cultures during the course of a lifetime, but their race is constant.

Mexican is not a race, anymore than American is a race. Citizens of various races from Mexico are called Mexican, just as citizens of various races from the USA are called American. It is no more “racist” to say Mexicans are corrupt, than it would be to say Americans are corrupt.

Again, you’re comparing apples to oranges. You cannot compare a cultural mindset with genetic DNA.
Agreed. I'm always astounded that as Mexicans they lump themselves together as a race. What is said about the country is automatically interpreted as racial prejudice against "Mexicans".

As Americans we are fully aware that there is plenty of corruption and duplicity in our government and corporations. The difference is that we try to change what is wrong with our country rather than condemn those who criticize the actions of the Americans who are guilty.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. I'm always astounded that as Mexicans they lump themselves together as a race. What is said about the country is automatically interpreted as racial prejudice against "Mexicans".

As Americans we are fully aware that there is plenty of corruption and duplicity in our government and corporations. The difference is that we try to change what is wrong with our country rather than condemn those who criticize the actions of the Americans who are guilty.
Beautifully stated, JDubsMom.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:27 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,104 times
Quote:

-------------
"The difference is that we try to change what is wrong with our country rather than condemn those who criticize the actions of the Americans who are guilty"

Come to S.Florida and you might not say that lol.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:26 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:

I agree-good post

Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,170,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Absolutely!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i dont understand how hard it is to identify these people when we have finger printing!

aliases change, ID's change, prints really cant.
is there not a nat'l database of peoples prints? shouldnt there be one for those caught illegally?

if they are caught once, finger print them, enter them into a database. next time they are caught, impose fines and punishment instead of just deporting them. kinda like a 3 strikes your out. or in this case, 3 strike your in...jail. of course this will create a whole new prison population and line the pockets of those with heavy investements in the prison industrial complex, but what other solutions are there?

anybody got some solutions?
Yep... CLOSE THE FREAKIN BORDERS!
and start throwing these lowlifes back over the wall!!!!!!! !!!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:48 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona bound View Post
yep... Close the freakin borders!
And start throwing these lowlifes back over the wall!!!!!!! !!!!!
Makes perfect sense to me!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Beautifully stated, JDubsMom.
Thanks Bummer and Nic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or