U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,904,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------------
"The difference is that we try to change what is wrong with our country rather than condemn those who criticize the actions of the Americans who are guilty"

Come to S.Florida and you might not say that lol.
Now, now Luiso, we both know that S. Florida and other IA aiding and abetting cities and states are "special" exceptions to the laws and rules the rest of us adhere to.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-11-2008 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:10 AM

13,065 posts, read 21,193,396 times
From the link in the OP, I found another which illustrates what this SOB did after he crashed his earth (and life) destroyer Chevy Suburban into the women's truck and subsequently the poor 3 year old...you might be shocked, but he did what any COWARD would do....he ran to Hooters (yes, that Hooters) and called his baby momma to come pick up his sorry a## because he didn't want to get caught -again- for driving without license and ins. and was afraid he wouldn't get to see his own kids.

People like that have made it abundantly clear with their actions that they care not ONE IOTA for anyone else in this world, it is all about NUMERO UNO. And he is a COWARD, no matter what anyone wants to pretend. I would personally not mind having to administer the injection on this waste of a life for the misery he has caused to so many for his inconsiderate and illegal behavior. It is obvious that someone like this is incorrigible and has no capacity for remediation.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:52 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,081,552 times
first of folks, i havent said anyone is a racist. i dont throw race in their like you guys like to.

i said it is offensive to say a culture of people, like mexicans or blacks, is imbedded with criminality or corruption. thats ridiculous to say. or to say that people come from a culturally corrupt place. you are saying that the culture is corrup. which is very different from saying certain segments of a culture are corrupt. throwning labels on people like this is very ignorant.

certain institutions within a culture or nation or group can be corrupt as is the case in some border police groups, but that does not make the whole police force, or CULTURE or nation corrupt.

i think its a matter of words. and some poeople dont know how to use their words very well.

i know the difference between race, nationality, ethnicity, culture, etc. thank you guys. but i dont think you guys get what is being debated here.

would it be ok say that blacks come from a culture of criminality or corruption. that blacks are from that culturally corrupt hell hole of atlanta?you guys on the other hand want to say that mexicans from that "hellhole" south of the border are imbedded with corruption, or come from a culture of corruption. and that is completely false.
as false as saying that black culture values drug dealing and pimping more than honest hard work. maybe a subset of black culture might hold those tenets. but that dont mean every black person does.

anyhow. i hate when threads veer this way. why dont yall start talking about solutions for catching and tracking these illegals.

i suggested retinal scans when fingertips are burnt off. other biometric measurements. wht else?

gps chips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You all remind me of alcoholics. The first step to sobriety is admitting there is a problem. Sound familiar? As for dealing with me? I'm not yours to deal with. Nobody is forcing you to respond to anything I post. I certainly don't waste my time addressing any of you until you get started ragging on me because you resent me for posting the truth.

Besides you in and of yourself are representative of self inflicted issues, yet you refuse to deal with them or yourself.

Until those of you who hail from the culturally corrupt hell hole known as Mexico admit the truth, stop invading America in avoidance of your problems, instead of changing it, Mexico will forever remain corrupt, uninhabitable and off limits to those of you who wish to return and live like civilized human beings.

The first step to changing Mexico is acknowledging there are problems.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:01 PM

mexican is a culture. it is a nationality and it is a country. the race of mexicans is varied. i am not labeling anyone a racist. what i am saying is that it is offensive to say that mexicans are culturally corrupt. that there culture is corrupt. thats non sense.

would it be ok to say that blacks are culturally corrupt?

or atlanta blacks come from a culturally corrupt hellhole?
probably not right?
is it ok to say that germans are culturally corrupt?
probably not.

the other problem is that these are GENERALITZATIONS!!! callijng a whole group of people corrupt, be they mexican or US citizens is ignorant. i have read quite a few posters who speak in generalizations like this. uninformed, ignorant generalizations. thats what im oppoesed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There’s a difference between culture and race. People can, and do, live in corrupt “cultures” where everything goes, and no one respects laws, and no one obeys laws. Macmeal has eloquently delineated this phenomenon on several occasions. Culture can be changed, race can’t.

It is not racist to state that people come from a culture of corruption. However, it is racist to state that an entire “race” is corrupt. That would imply a genetic basis for corruption; which of course is nonexistent. A person can live among various cultures during the course of a lifetime, but their race is constant.

Mexican is not a race, anymore than American is a race. Citizens of various races from Mexico are called Mexican, just as citizens of various races from the USA are called American. It is no more “racist” to say Mexicans are corrupt, than it would be to say Americans are corrupt.

Again, you’re comparing apples to oranges. You cannot compare a cultural mindset with genetic DNA.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
mexican is a culture. it is a nationality and it is a country. the race of mexicans is varied. i am not labeling anyone a racist. what i am saying is that it is offensive to say that mexicans are culturally corrupt. that there culture is corrupt. thats non sense.

would it be ok to say that blacks are culturally corrupt?

or atlanta blacks come from a culturally corrupt hellhole?
probably not right?
is it ok to say that germans are culturally corrupt?
probably not.

the other problem is that these are GENERALITZATIONS!!! callijng a whole group of people corrupt, be they mexican or US citizens is ignorant. i have read quite a few posters who speak in generalizations like this. uninformed, ignorant generalizations. thats what im oppoesed to.
You continue to compare culture to race. Until you make a distinction, further debate on this issue is futile.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
You continue to compare culture to race. Until you make a distinction, further debate on this issue is futile.
there is a distinct difference between these various terms. but they are also used interchangeably. there is mexican culture right? there is also black culture right? hiphop culture. lots of different cultures. and to say one is corrupt is ignorant. gang culture, well that one is corrupt, and crafty.

you need to understand that by saying mexican culture you are still referring to a large group of people. and you cant make generalizations about large groups of people with out data or facts to back it up.

i think what some people might be tryin to say is that certain segments within the country of mexico are corrupt. the gov't has acted in a corrupt manner. as have some police forces. but does that make mexicans culturally corrupt? NO!!!

how could you not get it. we are still discussin groups of people. be it labeld/grouped by skin color, nationality, musical tastes or whatever.

silly generalizations are still made about a whole group of people. we are still dealing in large groups. what dont you get?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:19 PM

13,065 posts, read 21,193,396 times
Quote:
'The one' appears to be under the misconception that all blacks fall under one universal culture. Where Mexico is a country, and its citizens are Mexicans, those same Mexicans can be from any race. Blacks as a group are considered a race, and can come from any corner on the face of this earth, and have as many different cultures as you can imagine. A black person from Somalia now has the same culture as a black person from Brazil? Simply ridiculous.

Until they stop comparing apples to oranges, there really is no point in debate.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM

so there is no US black culture?

wow!!!

the funny thing is that within this larger diaspora of black culture are other cultures. the african immigrant culture. the caribean culture. this isnt apples and oranges people. it is socially constructed groups which are mutable. unlike fruit.

dam, contemporary race theory would be good for you guys.

read some patricia hill collins please.
shes a very smart woman.

till then, yes, i dont think we are on tha same page.

so back to tracking the illegals.

any other solutions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
'The one' appears to be under the misconception that all blacks fall under one universal culture. Where Mexico is a country, and its citizens are Mexicans, those same Mexicans can be from any race. Blacks as a group are considered a race, and can come from any corner on the face of this earth, and have as many different cultures as you can imagine. A black person from Somalia now has the same culture as a black person from Brazil? Simply ridiculous.

Until they stop comparing apples to oranges, there really is no point in debate.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:31 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I couldn't possibly agree more! I am black, but my ‘culture’ is not the culture of gang bangers, hip-hop, welfare entitlement, ignorance is cute, education is for squares, etc., etc.

As stated, there are many distinct ‘cultures’ among the Negroid race. These distinct cultures are dictated by environment and mores. Had I been raised in England, I would still be black, but my culture would be quite different. I simply don’t understand the difficulty of this concept.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
I couldn't possibly agree more! I am black, but my ‘culture’ is not the culture of gang bangers, hip-hop, welfare entitlement, ignorance is cute, education is for squares, etc., etc.

As stated, there are many distinct ‘cultures’ among the Negroid race. These distinct cultures are dictated by environment and mores. Had I been raised in England, I would still be black, but my culture would be quite different. I simply don’t understand the difficulty of this concept.
ok, then would it be ok to call any of those cultures you belong to corrupt? because they are those specific cultures? (criminal culture aside). would it make sense to say that since you are a black person from the UK, you are corrupt? Not one bit!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or