U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM

13,050 posts, read 21,168,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obviously, you consider this a joke. I’m glad you find humor in the destruction of our country. That is, if you are in fact a citizen. Reading your posts, I highly doubt it. You fail to realize if this country implodes, if you are here, you will lose along with the rest of us.

You remind me of a passenger on the Titanic. The ship is sinking, and you’re hopping around laughing because in 2 days you will finally get a reserved seat at the Captain’s Table. Whoopty doo!
Excellent analogy - I doubt that they get it even after this explanation. What I also find interesting is that the dreamies think that they will 'rule' the US once the "hispanics" outnumber everyone else - according to them 'White America' is shaking in their shoes, if you listen to them sometimes. If that concept was true, then the indios/mestizos would be in charge SOB instead of the Euro ruling class. They will continue to be servants of their corporate masters just like all the rest of us who have to work for a living, whichever country they end up in.

This whole election race debate is beyond unnecessary. This is not a race war, it is a class war, and the middle class always seems to be on the losing end these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I would rather see our foreign manufacturing work going to Mexico instead of China and Japan. Perhaps if their economy was better, less would have to leave their homeland in order to take care of their families. I know the huge plant Ford built in Mexico has made a major economical impact to the area.

Or was Obama just wanting to give them US tax dollars for nothing?
Unlike you, I would rather have those manufacturing jobs benefit citizens of THIS country, by remaining HERE. Mexico is a wealthy country. In fact, the wealthiest man in the world is a Mexican citizen. Why should we, a country struggling to survive, be responsible for economic development in Mexico?

Furthermore, why should we be blackmailed into supporting Mexico? In other words, if we send them money, they won’t send ‘so many’ of their citizens here.

Quote:
According to Obama’s position papers, his immigration reform package includes doing “more to promote economic development in Mexico” as part of a solution to curb the inflow of illegal aliens. If elected, Obama would also push for reducing the cost and time it takes for an immigrant to become a U.S. citizen, including speeding up — or doing away with — FBI background checks.

Obama has also supported a bill in senate that if passed would have taxpayers help pay immigrant’s legal fees in becoming citizens.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Excellent analogy - I doubt that they get it even after this explanation. What I also find interesting is that the dreamies think that they will 'rule' the US once the "hispanics" outnumber everyone else - according to them 'White America' is shaking in their shoes, if you listen to them sometimes. If that concept was true, then the indios/mestizos would be in charge SOB instead of the Euro ruling class. They will continue to be servants of their corporate masters just like all the rest of us who have to work for a living, whichever country they end up in.

This whole election race debate is beyond unnecessary. This is not a race war, it is a class war, and the middle class always seems to be on the losing end these days.
How true!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:04 AM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
What American would support moving jobs to Mexico?

More and more II lovers will change their minds as the horde steals jobs from them. Then and only then will they see what is happening. If they are siphoning Social Services themselves they better be on the lookout as more and more Illegals learn the ropes to get on the freebie band wagon. You are sinking your own ship. LOL that!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Quote:
"Mexico is radically, substantively, ferociously different from the United States," Jorge Castañeda, formerly Mexico's foreign minister, observed in 1995.

Rural Mexicans have dominated the migrant wave, bringing a country-style sense of time and priorities. For Americans, a transfer of Mexican rural culture to our neighborhoods leaves many feeling overwhelmed.

"Certain Mexicans can subscribe to a series of rules, from traffic regulations to work discipline and punctuality; others can decide, consciously or otherwise, that they prefer not to," Dr. Castañeda wrote.
Illegal immigration exacerbates the natural tension in American society by injecting more change than can be absorbed – and by defying laws designed to control the rate of change. When immigration restrictionists protest defiance of "law and order," they reveal anger at the cultural revolution Latino immigrants bring – a revolution many U.S. citizens feel powerless to stop.
What Jorge Castañeda said above is what has fueled so much tension and anger toward massive illegal immigration from Mexico. It is scary to think what the future holds if Obama gives them amnesty.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,788,600 times
We can help by placing a 50% tax on all remittances wired to Mexico from the USA.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:48 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,173,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
We can help by placing a 50% tax on all remittances wired to Mexico from the USA.
I agree-however a few politicians have tried to do that. I believe one was from either NC or SC and they were called racist and every other name possible.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,659,209 times
Why can't Mexico pull itself up by their own bootstraps like Canada. I dont ever remember Canada being as helpless as Mexico in providing economic prosperity for it's citizens.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:31 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Why can't Mexico pull itself up by their own bootstraps like Canada. I dont ever remember Canada being as helpless as Mexico in providing economic prosperity for it's citizens.
3 words: CULTURALLY IMBEDDED CORRUPTION.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:33 PM

32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Let's include a 100 dollar co-pay for ER visits too. Non-Americans only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or