U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Sorry you're so tired (past your bedtime?). Maybe you should take a nap?
America IS deporting illegals as best as we can--there are just so many of them. And they don't exactly wear signs around their necks. How would we keep the family members seperated along this wall? Machine guns? Guard dogs? Barbed wire? You want to live in a prison state??

Remember your history: the "white man" came to this country and within about a 100 years (a blink in history) we quickly became the predominant society. We just kept coming, and coming, AND COMING. The poor indians were driven from their own lands to reservations (land the settlers didn't want). In this scenerio, we are the indians.

We need to negotiate with their government to utilize these "vast resourses" you allude to to create good jobs for their people.
While illegal aliens are here from many 3rd world cesspools, Mexico has the largest, tax draining, criminal alien population in the US. That being said, for almost a century they have received multiple millions of our tax dollars annually in the form of aid. The so called war on drugs has usurped billions more, yet Mexico still remains a corrupt, worthless, rampidly criminal cesspool that caters to its oligarchies while doing nothing for its multiple millions living and perpetually breeding in poverty. If they choose to squander the aid that we perpetually send them, then perhaps those living in poverty need to grow a pair, rise up and demand humane and just treatment from their government. They also need to stay the hell out of America. We can not save the world nor should we have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2008, 09:47 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What 'solution' do you propose that we works towards, sassy?
I have mentioned before, we need to get down off of our high horses and our government needs to work with the Mexican government. I have no problem with it, why are so many of you against it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have mentioned before, we need to get down off of our high horses and our government needs to work with the Mexican government. I have no problem with it, why are so many of you against it?
Why reward lawbreakers? ID theft is a Felony: if you or I got caught committing it----------we would wind up in Federal prison. I do not believe in giving illegals who do that same thing a free pass.

The cold reality is that most illegals; if caught/punished for their activities here in the USA would be Felons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: GIlbert, AZ
3,022 posts, read 4,379,752 times
Reputation: 2047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That race card does not work: the Euro Whites (both Anglo and Hispanic) were simply a group of bigger and badder 'Indians' who subjugated the indigenous peoples. Besides: the Aztecs did their share of atrocities----------cutting the still beating human hearts out of their prisoners certainly qualified.

By the standards of 1492: such behavior was quite acceptable on both sides.

Let what happened to the Navajo, Aztec's etc. serve as a warning that the USA must remain strong or we will be the next 'Indians'.

If it means the destruction/subjugation of Mexico by the USA----------so be it.
You want to go to WAR with Mexico? Wait, you said "destruction"--like nuclear bomb? And I was referring to the 1750s-1850s with the Cherokee removal and the like. As for subjugation of their people, we already are doing that by giving them the subserviant positions that some of us wont do because they dont pay a liveable wage. You think we should just take their country over and "revamp it" so to speak with McDonalds and Burger King competing on every corner? Take those "rich resourses" for ourselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:06 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have mentioned before, we need to get down off of our high horses and our government needs to work with the Mexican government. I have no problem with it, why are so many of you against it?
Be specific. What exactly is the goal of our work with the Mexican government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You want to go to WAR with Mexico? Wait, you said "destruction"--like nuclear bomb? And I was referring to the 1750s-1850s with the Cherokee removal and the like. As for subjugation of their people, we already are doing that by giving them the subserviant positions that some of us wont do because they dont pay a liveable wage. You think we should just take their country over and "revamp it" so to speak with McDonalds and Burger King competing on every corner? Take those "rich resourses" for ourselves?
My God!!!!

Who the he11 would want it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have mentioned before, we need to get down off of our high horses and our government needs to work with the Mexican government. I have no problem with it, why are so many of you against it?
Because what the mexican Gov wants is money. ie a bribe or more like ransome money. Give us more money or we willcontinue to export our own unwanted into your country. It will never end.
What we could try is this. Gov of Mexico we have a bigger and better deal for you.
1. You will start to spend all that money we give on your citizens rather than depositing most of it in your bank accounts or we will stop all aid to your country.
2. We will cancel our NAFTA deal with you and instead limit it to Canada until we see you actually start to invest some money into building industry real industry that pays a desent wage to your citizens. Once you do this we will re-negotiate a new NAFTA deal with you.
3. The next time your army crosses into our country to engage our border Patrol we will return the favor via Apache gunships which we will station in strategic areas for quick response. We will hunt down those units involved and make sure that they never do it again.
Now be the good neighbor and do the right things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Be specific. What exactly is the goal of our work with the Mexican government?
I would expect our two governments to come to a solution. I have already stated what I try to do to help their government, don't expect any of you to involve yourselves. It has opened up a whole new world of wonderful people. I'm not a bigot and never have been, and I'm so glad that I was raised not to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I would expect our two governments to come to a solution. I have already stated what I try to do to help their government, don't expect any of you to involve yourselves. It has opened up a whole new world of wonderful people. I'm not a bigot and never have been, and I'm so glad that I was raised not to be.
Sassy their Gov is corrupt. Corrupt people view kindness as weakness. That is the nature of the beast.
Negotiate with this type from a position of strength. Offering a mobster more money to keep his thugs out of your store will only result in demands for more money still.
Now instead you tell said mobster Look I have paid round the clock security of former delta force soldiers to enforce my request you and yours respect my property. They will at first test it. Once they get bounced they will back off. Turning the other cheek to corrupt people only gets it slapped. This isn't about race... This is about corrupt people and their mentality. The mexican gov is corrupt. LOLwe pay themto fight the war on drugs and they take money from drug lords not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sassy their Gov is corrupt. Corrupt people view kindness as weakness. That is the nature of the beast.
Negotiate with this type from a position of strength. Offering a mobster more money to keep his thugs out of your store will only result in demands for more money still.
Now instead you tell said mobster Look I have paid round the clock security of former delta force soldiers to enforce my request you and yours respect my property. They will at first test it. Once they get bounced they will back off. Turning the other cheek to corrupt people only gets it slapped. This isn't about race... This is about corrupt people and their mentality. The mexican gov is corrupt. LOLwe pay themto fight the war on drugs and they take money from drug lords not to.
Both governments are corrupt and maybe some of the people, but not all of them on either side of the fence that no one see's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top