Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Actions speak louder than words. In regards to the border, the current occupant of the White House has been quite clear with his position.

Has he done anything to help this country? I did not like Clinton when he was President either, but this country was not in the mess that it is in now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Mr. Obama, you can help build Mexico's economy all you want by yourself. Don't expect all of America to join you though.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i know i know it seems crazy. kindalike the idea of an american hospital in TJ providing free care so people dont cross over. but its not crazy if it works.
the marie antoinette approach is not working.
obama 08

Old 09-16-2008, 06:48 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Has he done anything to help this country? I did not like Clinton when he was President either, but this country was not in the mess that it is in now.
The entire planet is having energy and food shortages. I suppose that Bush is behind that too?

America first, Mexico has more than enough dough to help it's peasant population. If it cared.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
No, sassy I think you misunderstand.....bush is completely in mexicos pocket and always has been. He actually had delusions that he and Fox were 'amigos'. Meanwhile, fox was able to export his poor, uneducated and occasional criminals while maintaining the rich and middle class. The US has been played for suckers by sob, most particularily Mexico and it has to stop. The only way Mexico will ever reform itself is if it didn't have the escape valve that the US has become for them.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, sassy I think you misunderstand.....bush is completely in mexicos pocket and always has been. He actually had delusions that he and Fox were 'amigos'. Meanwhile, fox was able to export his poor, uneducated and occasional criminals while maintaining the rich and middle class. The US has been played for suckers by sob, most particularily Mexico and it has to stop. The only way Mexico will ever reform itself is if it didn't have the escape valve that the US has become for them.
I'm sorry that my post was not more clear. I'm saying or was trying to say that President Bush has not done one darn thing to help this country and would and has thrown us under the bus. It is a crime what he was allowed to do to this country., thanks for letting me clarify my message Camping

Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbambi View Post
Yuck. I will NOT be voting for Obama. It's a hoot to see all of these people who are voting for him b/c they think he is "cool" or "black" like them. They don't realize that he's a muslim disguised as a white. Anyhow..I won't be voting for Obama HUSSEIN. Nope.
Hold on here a moment:

Some Muslims are indeed White---------and, I am not just referring to Arabs/Iranians either (who are still counted as Anglos here in Arizona).

As for Obama being a secret Muslim; I think not-------------it is against Islamic 'law' to deny one's faith. And; I am referring to the moderate Muslims here-----------not the apostates like Osama bin Laden.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
The Clinton administration set the stage and ignored some pretty obvious warnings. The sub-prime loan/ninja loans were developed under Clinton to help people obtain home ownership. Bush also ignored some very hefty warnings and used the masses of new homeowners to feather his political hat. Barney Frank oversaw Freddie and Fannie Mae, where was he before the sh11 hit the fan? Both administrations are lacking. When republicans and democrats can finally see that they are all whores, perhaps we can insist that they make some real "change."

Old 09-17-2008, 08:56 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The Clinton administration set the stage and ignored some pretty obvious warnings. The sub-prime loan/ninja loans were developed under Clinton to help people obtain home ownership. Bush also ignored some very hefty warnings and used the masses of new homeowners to feather his political hat. Barney Frank oversaw Freddie and Fannie Mae, where was he before the sh11 hit the fan? Both administrations are lacking. When republicans and democrats can finally see that they are all whores, perhaps we can insist that they make some real "change."

I agree-great post!

Nicolem

Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 AM

638 posts, read 1,848,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As for Obama being a secret Muslim; I think not-------------it is against Islamic 'law' to deny one's faith. And; I am referring to the moderate Muslims here-----------not the apostates like Osama bin Laden.
I am not qualified to discuss Islam, however, I will refer you to some discussions, that Islam permits "lying" under certain circumstances, which includes denoucing Islam.

Islam Review - Presented by The Pen vs. the Sword Featured Articles . . . Islam: the Facade, the Facts The rosy picture some Muslims are painting about their religion, and the truth they try to hide.

TheReligionofPeace - Islam: Taqiyya and the Truth

Yet another refute to this is not a matter of national security.

Cheers!

http://islam.com.mx/index.php

Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas, said the DEA report indicates Islamic radicals are camouflaging themselves as Hispanics.
“I have been ringing the bell about this serious threat of Islamic individuals changing their surnames to Hispanic surnames for three to four years,” Culberson told the Washington Times.
“Unfortunately, Homeland Security’s highest priority is to hide the truth from Congress and the public. I just hope we’re not closing the barn door after terrorists have already made their way in.”
http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/rep...ashington.html

Mahmoud Youssef Kourani was indicted in the Eastern District of Michigan on one count of Conspiracy to Provide Material Support to Hizballah. Kourani was already in custody for entering the country illegally through Mexico and was involved in fundraising activities on behalf of Hizballah.
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress05/mueller021605.htm (broken link)

U.S. policymakers and security officials should continue to worry about border security and the potential for al-Qaeda infiltration into Mexico. Given the evidence to date, however, any potential inroads by al-Qaeda into Mexico is not likely to come through ties with Mexico's Muslim community—and this includes local converts or otherwise. Washington would be better served by concentrating its resources to confront Mexico's weak institutions, corruption, the influence of drug and other criminal gangs and poverty that may be exploited by al-Qaeda as a means to a greater end, as they have all too often in other parts of the world.
http://www.jamestown.org/terrorism/news/article.php?articleid=2370015 (broken link)

Last edited by r601020; 09-17-2008 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration