Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 07:14 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,092,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The entire planet is having energy and food shortages. I suppose that Bush is behind that too?

America first, Mexico has more than enough dough to help it's peasant population. If it cared.
Yes, I do blame this administration for many things. That is one reason that I decided to go independent this year. Illegals may be a problem, but they are surely not the biggest problem this country is looking at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes, I do blame this administration for many things. That is one reason that I decided to go independent this year. Illegals may be a problem, but they are surely not the biggest problem this country is looking at.
Tell that to the folks the illegals have displaced. Illegal immigration is in fact one of the biggest problems we are faced with.
1. They are using resourses that we can't spare.
2. They are not contributing enough to our economy to offset what they take.
3. They are one of the factors dividing this nation.
4. To many americans have fallen victim to the various crimes Illegals commit.
We need to act upon this before it gets worse. Amnesty has been tried twice and failed twice. Both times it only encouraged more abuse.
Like energy sitting around wishing it will solve itself won't work. And neither as proven twice already will amnesty.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Tell that to the folks the illegals have displaced. Illegal immigration is in fact one of the biggest problems we are faced with.
1. They are using resourses that we can't spare.
2. They are not contributing enough to our economy to offset what they take.
3. They are one of the factors dividing this nation.
4. To many americans have fallen victim to the various crimes Illegals commit.
We need to act upon this before it gets worse. Amnesty has been tried twice and failed twice. Both times it only encouraged more abuse.
Like energy sitting around wishing it will solve itself won't work. And neither as proven twice already will amnesty.
Now that the economy is tanking, looks like both sides of the aisle are moving their lard asses. Here's hoping there's enough fear to force them to look at the big picture and realize that any form of amnesty will serve as the final nail in America's coffin.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Mr. Obama, you can help build Mexico's economy all you want by yourself. Don't expect all of America to join you though.
Have you noticed that there are many times that the government decides
to do something, and does not ask our permission

Old 09-18-2008, 08:48 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
The Hispanic population in America is already climbing. In the not to distant future, they will be one of the highest demographics here. There's already so many of them here, with family still there, that we're kidding ourselves if we think we can just build a wall and close it all off. Their relatives here would have an uprise. Everyone has the right to the "American Dream". The problem is, is seems their whole country wants it.

We need to work WITH the Mexican government to improve conditions there so that they wont want to leave. Or we will lose our country to them through attrition.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
The Hispanic population in America is already climbing. In the not to distant future, they will be one of the highest demographics here. There's already so many of them here, with family still there, that we're kidding ourselves if we think we can just build a wall and close it all off. Their relatives here would have an uprise. Everyone has the right to the "American Dream". The problem is, is seems their whole country wants it.

We need to work WITH the Mexican government to improve conditions there so that they wont want to leave. Or we will lose our country to them through attrition.

Finally a logical post, thank you! I do agree that everyone has the right to the American Dream(whatever that is anymore) and is the statue of Liberty just to look at, or do the words inscribed on it mean anything anymore?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
[/b]

Finally a logical post, thank you! I do agree that everyone has the right to the American Dream(whatever that is anymore) and is the statue of Liberty just to look at, or do the words inscribed on it mean anything anymore?
Or we can seal the border, punish illegal aliens by seizing their assets shortly before deporting them. We can fine the employers until they realize they might go broke if they continue the practice. We should also imprison anyone who gives aid or shelter to illegals.
As far as Mexico goes? They have plentiful resourses. The Mexican people must find their own solutions.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
[/b]

Quote:
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
You know, the things a lot of you folks seem to miss when you try to use the Emma Lazarus poem to justify illegal immigration really make me laugh at your incomprehension of 1. The inscription has never been codified as part of our system of laws, and 2. You NEVER read the LAST LINE.

What's up with that?

What I'm trying to say is that although there is some heartfelt emotion running through that inscription, there has NEVER been any 'force of law' behind it. It's a PLATITUDE, folks, get OVER it.

And let me ask you this, is Lady Liberty lifting her lamp beside the unlocked bathroom window? I don't think so! 'The Golden Door' refers to entering this country WITH PERMISSION, in other words, INVITED!

Illegal aliens do NOT meet that qualification, do they?

Damn, y'all are TOO easy tonight!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:08 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or we can seal the border, punish illegal aliens by seizing their assets shortly before deporting them. We can fine the employers until they realize they might go broke if they continue the practice. We should also imprison anyone who gives aid or shelter to illegals.
As far as Mexico goes? They have plentiful resourses. The Mexican people must find their own solutions.
Not everything is black and white. How are you going to tell the Mexican workers here that their family has to stay behind? Sure the illegals should go through the same route citizens who come here from other countries go through. Get citizenship, learn our culture and language. But a wall is just that, a wall. Determined people can dig or climb.

Our government cannot support our citizens AND those of another countries as well. Until living conditions are made better for Mexican citizens in their home country, they will still try to come here. What plentiful resourses do they have there? Our government needs to work WITH theirs to solve this problem.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:18 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Not everything is black and white. How are you going to tell the Mexican workers here that their family has to stay behind? Sure the illegals should go through the same route citizens who come here from other countries go through. Get citizenship, learn our culture and language. But a wall is just that, a wall. Determined people can dig or climb.

Our government cannot support our citizens AND those of another countries as well. Until living conditions are made better for Mexican citizens in their home country, they will still try to come here. What plentiful resourses do they have there? Our government needs to work WITH theirs to solve this problem.
Remember the economy here in the USA: if we topple from our present recession into a depression; then we will see mass deportations----------otherwise the anger from Americans will likely become psychotic against illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration