U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,180,867 times
Reputation: 391

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Exaggerating and paraphrasing the most extreme and radical version of the argument is more like it.

Whatever makes the other person look silly makes you look smarter, right?

With so much ignorance on this board, why bother, Mac? Youre obviously above the discussion. Your opinions, common sense, and whats right is all the same. You have nothing to gain, or anything to consider other than your own beliefs.

A few of the "pro-illegals" who offered discussion and ended up leaving were actually turned off by your attitude. You don't engage anyone directly in coversation, because youre above it. Are you just here to be smug and mock people who think differently than you(which of course makes them wrong)?

If thats what youre after, why bother with city-data? Might as well browse through porn sites instead. They'd serve the same purpose with you.

But either way, let the great patriotic circle jerk continue!

Peace and God bless America!
I'm glad I missed this today, SOME of us have real jobs to go to, but I've got to say this...

AMC, mac did nothing more than highlight the arguments that YOU'VE made here to try and show you how LUDICROUS your position really is. I know it had to sting a little, seeing your rock-solid positions turned into a 'foundation of sand', but FACE IT, you espouse a position that MAKES NO SENSE.

Cry me a river, dude, you've just been handed your hat, WEAR IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,009,482 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
I'm glad I missed this today, SOME of us have real jobs to go to, but I've got to say this...

AMC, mac did nothing more than highlight the arguments that YOU'VE made here to try and show you how LUDICROUS your position really is. I know it had to sting a little, seeing your rock-solid positions turned into a 'foundation of sand', but FACE IT, you espouse a position that MAKES NO SENSE.

Cry me a river, dude, you've just been handed your hat, WEAR IT.
Remind me of those arguments he was highlighting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,180,867 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
------------
Great post as usual. America is the #1 consumer of drugs and due to them Mexico or Colombia before and other's have the drug wars.

I wish America wouldn't have this need,desire and the drug cartels would not than be around.

America owe's us aid in combating the drug cartels they give money to . They are to blame
Another 'Blame America' post, but this one I can somewhat agree with. If America would treat all the OTHER drugs the way they treat ALCOHOL, there wouldn't be a MARKET for all these smugglers. The cartels lose, America TAXES the product and WINS, and drug prices go DOWN. I'm all for a $10 ounce of weed, I'd pay ANOTHER $10 in TAX!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:16 PM
 
164 posts, read 228,046 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Another 'Blame America' post, but this one I can somewhat agree with. If America would treat all the OTHER drugs the way they treat ALCOHOL, there wouldn't be a MARKET for all these smugglers. The cartels lose, America TAXES the product and WINS, and drug prices go DOWN. I'm all for a $10 ounce of weed, I'd pay ANOTHER $10 in TAX!

Thank you for starting to agree with me and seeing the whole picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,708,006 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Another 'Blame America' post, but this one I can somewhat agree with. If America would treat all the OTHER drugs the way they treat ALCOHOL, there wouldn't be a MARKET for all these smugglers. The cartels lose, America TAXES the product and WINS, and drug prices go DOWN. I'm all for a $10 ounce of weed, I'd pay ANOTHER $10 in TAX!
I am OK with seeing marijuana and possibly cocaine legalized: anything else, in particular Meth needs to remain banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,180,867 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Remind me of those arguments he was highlighting?
OK, how's this...?
Quote:
**...There ARE no "inferior cultures".....ALL cultures bring out the best in their members, and encourage them to do well. All cultures value their women and their poor, and none of them preach 'exclusion' of anyone. All cultures push education, discipline, and self-improvement, and all cultures encourage their members to respect other cultures. Any discrepancies in this are just a matter of "luck"..call it "fate" if you will.

**...There is NO practical or demonstrable difference in doing "bad things" NOW, or in doing them 50, 100, or 200 years in the past...and NO difference, either, in what WE all do wrong, and in what our ANCESTORS did wrong..it's ALL wrong, and we're ALL guilty....you, me, and everyone else. It's possible that white people may be just a little MORE guilty, though, because they had the technology to to MORE evil than others, and that this technology was undoubtedly stolen FROM others. But basically, we're ALL guilty, and it's up to ALL of us now to 'make up' for this...which we'll DO, as soon as things today are made 'fair'.

**...NOBODY 'gets ahead' without SOMEHOW doing so at the expense of others. Affluence, freedom, and education, are, in and of themselves, evidence of wrongdoing...similarly, poverty, strife, and corruption are NEVER the fault of those who suffer them..look hard enough, and far enough into the past, and you can ALWAYS make a case that these things were caused by others, not by their victims. Personal behavior has NEVER been a reason for affluence, and personal failure is NEVER an acceptable reason for poverty. These things just 'happen'.


**...Illegal immigration MAY be a minor problem...but Americans have no right to complain about it, in light of their OWN abusive, violent history, and the fact that they THEMSELVES are largely a pretty 'crooked' culture. Therefore, they should all just "shut up" about it. Most Americans' ancestors arrived here under VERY questionable circumstances, anyway..either illegally (just like today's illegals)...or under the protection of the law, a law we all know was really about bringing in 'cheap labor'. When Americans' ancestors DID get here, they were all encouraged to 'celebrate their differences', and that's how we won World War II.

**...ALL mention of illegal immigration, from ANY vantage point, is really little more than a 'code word' for an open-season attack on Hispanics. Those who admit this are HONEST racists, and those who deny it are LYING racists. Hispanic-Americans who object to illegal immigration are DISLOYAL LYING racists, since they have all 'been there', and should 'know better', and thus Hispanic-Americans have a unique duty to 'stick together' with illegals, as a statement against the racism of society-at-large.

**...America is a nation that's just had a run of 'good luck'. Nothing else can account for its prosperity. Its system of laws and its carefully spelled out protections for ALL groups aren't the reason we 'get along' better than most countries..NONE of that is important, and we ALL know the reason America "works", is no more complicated than the fact that we all just "want to be here"..THAT'S the secret of ANY successful society..you don't have to "do" anything, nor do you have to "behave" in any way, nor must you make any effort to abide by the law (unless, of course, you 'want' to abide by it)...all you REALLY have to do is "want to be here".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,009,482 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am OK with seeing marijuana and possibly cocaine legalized: anything else, in particular Meth needs to remain banned.
Meth is the only drug thats easily made domestically. Legalizing that wouldnt do too much to the cartels.
I don't even consider weed a drug, its already practically legalized in California. Its affects arent even as bad as alcohol...pretty much only illegal because they havent found a way to tax it yet.

I dont even want to see heroin legalized. And cocaine if legalized, wouldn't just be a benefit to the rich and middleclass cokeheads.
Its not that bad for those recreational types, but crack is no fun at all. I see people turning a profit off their legal coke stashes, and cooking up crack for all the poor minorities.


Its a catch 22. The only reason cartels are so rich and powerful is that drugs cant be legalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 6,009,482 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
OK, how's this...?
How about something that I said instead of quoting Mac's paraphrasing?

I'll stand by me thinking no cultures are inferior to others. I'm not big on bigotry.


But thanks for highlighting. Once I realize Mac is starting off on one of his long winded rants, I usually skip it.
Its an interesting read, and amusing to see he likes to use the shotgun approach.

In Mac-style:
I disagree with you guys on many things, and on your views on other cultures, therefore all those things he mentioned apply to me. (sigh).

Wow! Generalizing is easy and fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,932,169 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
------------
Great post as usual. America is the #1 consumer of drugs and due to them Mexico or Colombia before and other's have the drug wars.

I wish America wouldn't have this need,desire and the drug cartels would not than be around.

America owe's us aid in combating the drug cartels they give money to . They are to blame

You've already become very rich from drug trafficking -- and why don't you legalize drugs in Mexico since you think legalization will solve all the problem of violence in Mexico. Tax your drug lords.

While you're at it, why not realize that making guns illegal is not keeping smugglers from bringing them into Mexico through that very wide open border and obviously there is a demand for weapons, guns, ammunition, grenades in Mexico. Legalization ought to solve all the problems on that end too.

Legalizing drugs in the USA is a completely separate issue. It would be ridiculous for the USA to make it's laws around the domestic problems of some foreign nation. If you want drugs like meth, heroin, crack and so on legal -- then make them legal in Mexico. That would help stop the problem of trafficking to the USA because many drugs could be sold more cheaply on Mexican streets, and the cartels wouldn't have the high overhead of paying agents on both sides of the border, the transportation costs and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2008, 12:05 AM
 
1,474 posts, read 2,020,978 times
Reputation: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
I subscribe in unity bringing all the America's together .
Butt, you dont get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we dont wanna play...................now do you get it.................and are you an illegal???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top