U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:59 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What are you basing Mexico's "growing" drug addiction problem on? Personal experience? From what you see?

And why do you guys EVERY TIME, without fail, see what I say as "blaming USA for all of Mexico's problems"?

Do you think it's coincidence that before all the drugs went through Mexico, they use to go through Cuba?
What do those two places have in common?
Besides brown people that is..

Get it?? They are RIGHT NEXT to AMERICA. I'm not "blaming it" on America, its just the way it is. America DOES have a big drug problem. Supply and Demand.

Why doesn't Canada have the same problem?
Last time I checked, Canada wasn't in between the United States and the jungles were drugs are produced.
Last time I checked, Mexico IS.

Believe me..if there was nothing but snow south of Mexico, and lush, remote jungles north of Canada, the drugs would be coming through the north. Why? Because people WANT TO BUY THEM.
I base it on the high number of drug addicts we see in Mexico, reports in the Mexican newspapers, such as the articles on the heads rolled onto the dance floor in Uruapan being of meth addicts.

Mexico does have a major drug addiction problem.

Now where is your proof or evidence that a single one of the recently massacred -- such as the 12 in Merida or the 24 last weekend outside Mexico City ever smuggled drugs into the USA?

I believe it's time to stop blaming the USA for everything wrong about Mexico and start looking at root causes. Family breakup, societal decay, decadence, greed, corruption, and problems in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I base it on the high number of drug addicts we see in Mexico, reports in the Mexican newspapers, such as the articles on the heads rolled onto the dance floor in Uruapan being of meth addicts.

Now where is your proof or evidence that a single one of the recently massacred -- such as the 12 in Merida or the 24 last weekend outside Mexico City ever smuggled drugs into the USA?

I believe it's time to stop blaming the USA for everything wrong about Mexico and start looking at root causes. Family breakup, societal decay, decadence, greed, corruption, and problems in Mexico.
Every country has a big drug problem. EVERY COUNTRY.

But as far as everything else, you have a very hard time seeing the big picture.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM

In fact, it's reported that 5 of the 24 of that latest massacre did masonry work. It's very easy for the pro-open borders crowd to claim that the USA is somehow at fault for all those murders, but they haven't identified all the victims much less learned if they actually were drug smugglers to the USA.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Every country has a big drug problem. EVERY COUNTRY.

But as far as everything else, you have a very hard time seeing the big picture.

Blaming the USA -- which seems to be the country you live in and post from -- is simply not going to solve or improve your own country.

Neither is leaving your country actually going to benefit it in any real way.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Blaming the USA -- which seems to be the country you live in and post from -- is simply not going to solve or improve your own country.

Neither is leaving your country actually going to benefit it in any real way.
I live in Arizona, and have seen the burlap bags of drugs left in the desert.
You would not want to go near them as you would be shot dead. We would call Border patrol and let them take care of it.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM

Quote:
What are you basing Mexico's "growing" drug addiction problem on? Personal experience? From what you see?

And why do you guys EVERY TIME, without fail, see what I say as "blaming USA for all of Mexico's problems"?

Do you think it's coincidence that before all the drugs went through Mexico, they use to go through Cuba?
What do those two places have in common?
Besides brown people that is..

Get it?? They are RIGHT NEXT to AMERICA. I'm not "blaming it" on America, its just the way it is. America DOES have a big drug problem. Supply and Demand.

Why doesn't Canada have the same problem as Mexico? Since they are both at America's border?
Last time I checked, Canada wasn't in between the United States and the jungles where drugs are produced.
Last time I checked, Mexico IS.

The direct route for drug traffic to get to the United States is through Mexico. Criminals in Mexico saw that as an opportunity to make profit off it.
And they did. They make A LOT of money out of it. But where theres a lot of money, theres competition. And then you have conflict.

With so much money in the drug traffic that flows HEAVILY to the United States consumers..youre going to have corruption.

Believe me..if there was nothing but snow south of Mexico, and lush, remote jungles north of Canada, the drugs would be coming through the north. Why? Because people WANT TO BUY THEM.

If you really believed that the USA was the fault of your country's problems, then why don't you want a fence? Why wouldn't you want to help stop the flow of weapons from the USA into Mexico and the drug profits that feed your criminals?

I don't think any open borders proponent believes the USA is the problem, you believe the USA is your salvation.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
You would not want to go near them as you would be shot dead. We would call Border patrol and let them take care of it.
I'm not saying that illegals aren't bringing burlap bags filled with drugs into the USA, I realize that many if not most do just that.

I'm saying that not all those being murdered in Mexico are involved with drug trafficking to the USA, not the 5 decapitated in Uruapan who were themselves meth addicts, and I've seen no reports that any of the 12 decapitated in Merida were trafficking drugs into the USA but I have read about Cubans associated with that massacre and the 24 -- I've read that a number of them worked in masonry in Mexico City -- nothing that says they made trips into the USA.

The over 400 murdered women and girls in Ciudad Juarez were mostly maquila workers, few were smuggling drugs into the USA.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:58 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Can't say I blame you. After eating Mexican provided serrano peppers this Summer, I doubt anyone in America is a fan of salmonella poisoning.
Or cheese made in some peasant's bathtub.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I hunt E County and have BP on speed dial. Twice I've had to sit and sweat it as a Coyote brought Illegals by me while bow hunting. A bow against an AK-47 isn't a contest. Thank God we don't have to wear blaze orange.

U know what's funny? During rifle season the number of illegals crossing drops down to almost zero. I guess the cowards don't like a fair fight.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:12 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:

Newsmax.com – Mexican Border City Drug Dead Hits 800 (http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/border_city_drug_dead/2008/08/18/122928.html?s=al&promo_code=680C-1 - broken link)

I don't know if this will help or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration