U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say we're in a Nazi Germany type situation here, BUT

I see similarities between anti-jew propaganda and sentiment in post depression Germany and anti-illegal(/hispanic) propaganda and sentiment being developed by some people out there.

Illegal immigrants arent called "rats", but "invaders" and even "vermin".
Our economy isnt doing so good, so it gets blamed on the illegals.
We see pictures of illegals flipping of cameras, and we believe they are ALL like that.

We're led to believe "they" all loathe us and our ways. THey hate us. They want to ruin our country.

Theres a focus on stereotypes. The Jews were greedy, and sneaky, keep all the money.
Illegals(/hispanics) are criminals, stealing "our" jobs.

The Jews were taking over the world through banks and what not. Illegals(/hispanics) have "reconquista".

The illegals are completely above the law, and get so many things REAL AMERICANS cant get.

The illegal has the greatest life in America, while the poor American citizen is suffering.


Sound alike to me.




How dare you insult the victims of the Holocaust!

The Jews in question were citizens of their respective nations prior to Hitler and the Nazi's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:46 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as to say we're in a Nazi Germany type situation here, BUT

I see similarities between anti-jew propaganda and sentiment in post depression Germany and anti-illegal(/hispanic) propaganda and sentiment being developed by some people out there.

Illegal immigrants arent called "rats", but "invaders" and even "vermin".
Our economy isnt doing so good, so it gets blamed on the illegals.
We see pictures of illegals flipping of cameras, and we believe they are ALL like that.

We're led to believe "they" all loathe us and our ways. THey hate us. They want to ruin our country.

Theres a focus on stereotypes. The Jews were greedy, and sneaky, keep all the money.
Illegals(/hispanics) are criminals, stealing "our" jobs.

The Jews were taking over the world through banks and what not. Illegals(/hispanics) have "reconquista".

The illegals are completely above the law, and get so many things REAL AMERICANS cant get.

The illegal has the greatest life in America, while the poor American citizen is suffering.


Sound alike to me.




I see where you are going, and I don't disagree with you that for some people, hatred of illegal immigration is getting warped into hatred for a race of people -- mexicans mostly.

But here is the thing, to compare the systemic murder of six million people to illegal aliens getting deported to their rightful country is at best ludicrus, and at worst beyond insulting to the memories of those 6 million men, women and children who were so brutally murdered.
I mean, jesus! come on and gain some perspective
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,035,044 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
You don't mean that. If you look at it clearly you will prefer that cheap labor stay here.

You benefit from it.
So you want to further enslave your own people? Really, bianca I think your true country just may be Cuba or north korea...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:51 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,615,066 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Illegal immigrants arent called "rats", but "invaders" and even "vermin".
Our economy isnt doing so good, so it gets blamed on the illegals.
We see pictures of illegals flipping of cameras, and we believe they are ALL like that.

We're led to believe "they" all loathe us and our ways. THey hate us. They want to ruin our country.

Theres a focus on stereotypes. The Jews were greedy, and sneaky, keep all the money.
Illegals(/hispanics) are criminals, stealing "our" jobs.

The Jews were taking over the world through banks and what not. Illegals(/hispanics) have "reconquista".

The illegals are completely above the law, and get so many things REAL AMERICANS cant get.

The illegal has the greatest life in America, while the poor American citizen is suffering.








Yes.....and if "we" show any frustration, it's not that anyone REALLY gives 'two hoots' about massive illegal immigration of unskilled labor into a 'tight', high-tech economy....that's just a 'cover story', and everyone secretly knows this. What's REALLY going on here is "we all" despise Hispanics, and are just using the poor, unsuspecting illegal as an excuse to 'lash out' at the entire Hispanic "race". ...right?

Focus on stereotypes, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Arizona
2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
You don't mean that. If you look at it clearly you will prefer that cheap labor stay here.

You benefit from it.
BULLCRAP!!! All the illegal aliens do is COST ME MONEY! And WORK! And WAGES! And TAXES!

Cheap labor ain't so cheap when you realize that EVERY illegal alien family costs the US taxpayer $20K a year. EVERY ONE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:54 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
Reputation: 6264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
You don't mean that. If you look at it clearly you will prefer that cheap labor stay here.

You benefit from it.
America once benefited from slave labor. I guess that would be even better, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I see where you are going, and I don't disagree with you that for some people, hatred of illegal immigration is getting warped into hatred for a race of people -- mexicans mostly.

But here is the thing, to compare the systemic murder of six million people to illegal aliens getting deported to their rightful country is at best ludicrus, and at worst beyond insulting to the memories of those 6 million men, women and children who were so brutally murdered.
I mean, jesus! come on and gain some perspective
Thats why I didnt compare the holocaust to the illegal immigrants. I'm comparing the propaganda and sentiment towards those two groups in bad economic times.

Hope to God people never allow themselves to take that anger and hate to that level again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
BULLCRAP!!! All the illegal aliens do is COST ME MONEY! And WORK! And WAGES! And TAXES!

Cheap labor ain't so cheap when you realize that EVERY illegal alien family costs the US taxpayer $20K a year. EVERY ONE!!!
AHH!!! AHHHHH!!!!! HAHHHHH!
BLAHHHHH! HUH?!?!?!?!?!? BAHHHH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 06:59 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,995,777 times
Reputation: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
How dare you insult the victims of the Holocaust!

The Jews in question were citizens of their respective nations prior to Hitler and the Nazi's.
Nobody's insulting anybody! Read the damn thing.
I wasn't comparing the holocaust, I was comparing sentiment and propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Thats why I didnt compare the holocaust to the illegal immigrants. I'm comparing the propaganda and sentiment towards those two groups in bad economic times.

Hope to God people never allow themselves to take that anger and hate to that level again.
What propaganda are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top