U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What propaganda are you referring to?
The post is just a little above.

anti-jew propaganda. the depiction of jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Nobody's insulting anybody! Read the damn thing.
I wasn't comparing the holocaust, I was comparing sentiment and propaganda.
Part of the problem with illegals is conditions are evidently so damn bad in Mexico, etc. that if we treat them as First World people said illegals perceive us Americans as being weak-----------hence the need to pay hard ball.

As for rounding up the illegals and murdering them a la the Jewish Holocaust: if the former refuse to self deport peacefully-----------then all the bets are off.

I just hope to God that things do not get that ugly.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,711,852 times
Quote:
Thats why I didnt compare the holocaust to the illegal immigrants. I'm comparing the propaganda and sentiment towards those two groups in bad economic times.

Hope to God people never allow themselves to take that anger and hate to that level again.
Concern over illegal immigration began long before any economic downturn. It came to widespread public attention after the May 2006 'marches', but a significant number of people realized there was a problem well before that. Bad economic times exacerbate the situation, but even without that there would still be unease over what is happening to the US. IMO, the two main issues are:

1. If we are a sovereign nation, why should we be expected to open our borders to anyone and everyone who would like to live here? What is wrong with saying no to further population increases?

2. Do we have laws or don't we? It seems US citizens are expected to obey certain rules while illegal aliens are given a pass. If we wish to have a functioning society in the future, the selective enforcement of our laws has to stop.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
The post is just a little above.

anti-jew propaganda. the depiction of jews.
Aren't you still comparing apples to oranges? I'm sorry, but I simply do not think a comparison between innocent Jews and lawless illegal aliens is appropriate. At the very least, it marginalizes a HUGE atrocity.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:12 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Quote:
Thats why I didnt compare the holocaust to the illegal immigrants. I'm comparing the propaganda and sentiment towards those two groups in bad economic times.

Hope to God people never allow themselves to take that anger and hate to that level again.

Oops, I knew that - my second response was referring back to the piece by the citizens-press(?), not that I thought you agreed with them.
Sorry about that

Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,996,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oops, I knew that - my second response was referring back to the piece by the citizens-press(?), not that I thought you agreed with them.
Sorry about that
no worries

Old 09-11-2008, 07:50 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,378 times
North Carolina is highly infected with illegal aliens.

In reading this, Asheville should obviously be considered fully contaminated with the plague of stupidy called political correctness to publish such nonsense.

The article is overseasoned with attempts at analogies, but sounds like wannabe soapbox material, rehashing regurgitating propaganda mantras with little substance, and is even amateurish. Quite amazing really they actually pay people to write this poorly, but it's to be expected. The dumbing down of America is coming home to roost.

Ah . . the writer is :

- - - - -
"Tom Campbell is former assistant North Carolina State Treasurer and is creator/host of NC SPIN, a weekly statewide television discussion of NC issues airing Sundays at 6 a.m. on WLOS-TV. Contact him at" www.ncspin.com.
- - - - -

Let's see, Tom Campbell will be a NC SPIN moderator of a "meet the press" for those running for governor of North Carolina. How would you like someone who discusses the enforcement of our immigration laws using words like "witch hunts" and "nazi", to be moderator in a media situation?

Speaking of witch hunts (courtesy of NC SPIN) :

- - - - -
"Race issue escalates
Johnston County Sheriff Steve Bizzell stepped in the proverbial doo-doo last week when a News and Observer reporter who followed him around for a few days wrote an article about the Sheriff and his opinions about Hispanics. In the course of the time spent together, Bizzell said Mexicans were “trashy,” adding, "All they do is work and make love, I think." He continued "I do respect 'em for one thing," he says of Hispanic immigrants. "They work hard.”

It will come as no surprise that Bizzell’s comments were like a lightning rod, drawing both support and outrage. Some are calling for an investigation as to how impartial his department enforces the law. Others want his badge. The ACLU has jumped into the fray. But others (mostly in Johnston County) are highly supportive of the outspoken sheriff. Look for more on this on next week’s NC SPIN."
- - - - -

I love the smell la raza in the morning.

Last edited by r601020; 09-11-2008 at 08:16 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 PM

Have you thanked someone today for arresting illegal aliens?

Steve Bizzell, Sheriff
Johnston County, North Carolina
info @ jsso . org

Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Illegal immigrants arent called "rats", but "invaders" and even "vermin".
The defense of slander or libel is truth. Illegal aliens are invaders.

I've called them economic parasites, but never "vermin". I'm not doubting you've heard someone use "vermin", but just for the heck of it, let's look it up.

Vermin
1 a: small common harmful or objectionable animals (as lice or fleas) that are difficult to control b: birds and mammals that prey on game c: animals that at a particular time and place compete (as for food) with humans or domestic animals
2: an offensive person

The defense of slander or libel is truth. Illegal aliens are vermin.

Not that it matters, but I'd have to disagree, because I have heard in this forum the phrase "rats" being used. A quick browse :
1) all they do is Breed like rats
2) They DO breed like rats.
3) They DO breed like rats.
4) They DO breed like rats.

Some of those posts were Hispanics saying that. So I'd guess the general consensus is : they breed like rats.

And by the way, they're not immigrants.

Last edited by r601020; 09-11-2008 at 09:00 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
There have been many of these with hunts recently and most Americans are upset and against them.

I to hope they end. If anything let's come up with a compromise
Bianca, if you are an illegal alien, understand it’s not personal. You’re probably a very nice person. However, my opposition to illegal immigration is not determined by your congeniality, the richness of your culture, or your idea of diversity. In this country, the majority of citizens are law-abiding. As such, we respect our laws, and expect all citizens of this country to abide by them. Your presence in this country violates our laws, and we want our laws to be enforced.

I realize you have been indoctrinated to believe that we actually want and need illegal immigration. You have been told that you are an asset to this country, and that the majority of citizens actually embrace you. I hate to burst your bubble, but you have been fed nothing but lies.

We do no represent a fringe group of extremist. We represent the sentiments of the vast majority of citizens of this country. Take a look at the comments posted above (post #28). Those people are not members of this forum. Their comments illustrate the frustration and anger of U.S. citizens nationwide.

Appreciate whatever benefits you have received from this country, and accept the reality that you can’t make this country grant you amnesty, and you can’t force the citizens to embrace you.

Citizenship in the country is not an entitlement……..it’s a privilege you must earn. The first step to earning that privilege is for you to enter this country in accordance with our immigration laws. If you really want to become a citizen, return to your country of origin, and apply through the proper channels.

We don’t hate illegal aliens. We simply hate what illegal immigration has done to our country. We want it to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or