U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 AM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Reputation: 30387

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com

Quote:
Rivera suggested that even one's position on immigration reform is a matter of identity and ethnic solidarity: "Any Hispanic, any Latino, any Spanish person who votes for a Republican or a Democrat who is against sensible compassionate immigration reform is an Uncle Tom. They have a kind of self-loathing that is unforgivable."
So a latino who supported Ron Paul is a sellout? Nice message to stop Latino stereotypes, Rivera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-12-2008, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
washingtonpost.com



So a latino who supported Ron Paul is a sellout? Nice message to stop Latino stereotypes, Rivera.
I agree with your sentiments there, Alanboy395.................

Especially considering there is no 'Hispanic' race. It is a political label only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 07:01 AM
 
638 posts, read 1,638,164 times
Reputation: 217
That's a difficult article to read.

It's one thing for a John or Jane Doe to say stupid or angry things, racist things, but when public figures are reckless like this, they should be taken seriously as enemies of this country, and especially with their associations to hate organizations like la raza.

Their solution to the invasion of illegal aliens is to dumb down this country, that we assimilate with them? Talk like a Mexican? Credibility zero. Have a Darwin Award for promoting de-evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 08:29 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
That's a difficult article to read.

It's one thing for a John or Jane Doe to say stupid or angry things, racist things, but when public figures are reckless like this, they should be taken seriously as enemies of this country, and especially with their associations to hate organizations like la raza.

Their solution to the invasion of illegal aliens is to dumb down this country, that we assimilate with them? Talk like a Mexican? Credibility zero. Have a Darwin Award for promoting de-evolution.
Yet the constant whining, cries of Americans being racist and accusations on this forum of us hating Mexicans persists. That article is not surprising in the least bit. It simply confirms what we already know.

For the record Geraldo's mother was Jewish, funny how he deliberately hides his jewish ethnicity, while shouting his "hispanic ethnicity" from the roof tops.
Quote:
His mother, Lilian Friedman, is of Russian-Jewish ancestry; and was born in New Jersey. His father, who converted to Judaism when marrying Lilian, was a Puerto Rican of Spanish ancestry and raised Roman Catholic. Lilian and Cruz moved to Florida, where Cruz died due to heart attack in 1987. The widowed Lillian Rivera still lives in Florida, and is close to her children; whom she raised Jewish. She appeared with Craig on one episode of 'Geraldo at Large' from Florida, via satellite. Meanwhile, Geraldo named his child, Solita Liliana, in honor of his Judaism and his mother.
He also seems to have a problem staying married for longer than 10 minute intervals.

Quote:
Rivera has been married five times. The first four marriages ended in divorce. He married Erica Levy in 2003, and the couple has a daughter named Solita Liliana. Rivera has four children from previous relationships.
http://www.biography.com/images/common/spacer.gif (broken link)

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-12-2008 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yet the constant whining, cries of Americans being racist and accusations on this forum of us hating Mexicans persists. That article is not surprising in the least bit. It simply confirms what we already know.

For the record Geraldo's mother was Jewish, funny how he deliberately hides his jewish ethnicity, while shouting his "hispanic ethnicity" from the roof tops.

He also seems to have a problem staying married for longer than 10 minute intervals.
Confirmation indeed. In other words, unless an ‘Hispanic’ supports lawlessness and amnesty, they are labeled an Uncle Tom. As long as they’re an illegal alien Hispanic, they must be embraced by all Hispanics. That’s why APJ was spat on for expressing his opposition.

Geraldo is nothing but an opportunist. I place him in the same category as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top