U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-14-2008, 02:55 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
An enabler is anyone who assists these people in breaking our laws.
That would be sheltering them, providing them a place to stay.
Anyone who knowingly uses an illegal for laber and pays them under the table is an enabler.
Anyone who knows for a fact that an individual or family are illegals and do not report them. Are enablers.
Anyone who makes excuses in an attempt to validate what illegals do is an enabler. You sassy are an enabler because you do make excuses for them, you defend their practices and call legals greedy lazy and less skilled. Do you remember your post where you questioned not only work ethic but also quality of work provided by legals? You should it is pretty much a pro-illegal canned answer and you have said these things.
Well, now at least we understand that I am not and enabler. I think you will see my post below.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2008, 02:57 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If you have a problem with my putative 'threats': use the Report feature; I use it from time to time against extremists----------and, have had a hand in pitching a few flagrantly racist ones off of here
I have never been a tattle tail, but it would not be on the "report" button.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 6,957,151 times
Reputation: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let's see:

Employer sanctions laws nationwide
Cancel birthright citizenship for future Anchor Babies (grandfather in the existing ones but deport the parents anyway)
Make it a Felony to aid and abet an illegal immigrant (except if health and public safety are at stake).
Fortify at least our southern border, issue 'shoot to kill' orders to the Border Patrol
Copy/paste Mexico's laws pertaining to illegal immigration into the US legal code.

Amen!

And Chey, if this annoys you...why not move to Mexico? It seems you'd prefer it there anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Sorry but you are wrong, I can post my feelings just like you can. I have never, ever done anything illegal, even as far as a traffic violation. I have never hired them ever, only because it is illegal. Oh, and it is not illegal to see one and not turn them in, I don't know where you got that one.
No one said it was illegal. Being an enablerdoes not make one a criminal. An enabler is someone who would excuse illegal behavior. An enabler is someone who is willing to justify what criminals due.
example. Daves son is a drug addict. Enablers know what he is, they know that he uses drugs, they know where he is going at night. They make excuses for him, they cover for him they might even provide him shelter when he gets wasted. But they never hold him accountable. Its not his fault he fell in with a bad crowd, his life is hard, his mother neglected him... They make it easy for him to do what he does.
No it is his fault everyone knows that drugs are addictive and he did them anyway. Were Dave my friend I would coach him to get help, ban him from my home if continues to do drugs. The last thing I would do is facilitate his addiction by allowing it in my presence.
Enablers of illegals are the same. Its a victimless crime. American workers got greedy thats why employers hire illegals, Americans are lazy and illegals work really hard. NO Employers got greedy because illegals are willing to work cheap and legals are not. Which is it sassy illegals are exploited by employers or employers hire illegals because the american work for is too expensive and not good enough workers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Well, now at least we understand that I am not and enabler. I think you will see my post below.
You in fact are an enabler. You turn a blind eye to the harm they do your fellow citizens. You go so far as to make excuses for them. You slander american workers lableing them greedy and over paid. You have in more than one reply to me insinuated that illegals work hard and do better work than leagals. That is why they are hired.
Miss, you are infact an enabler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
As the US economy continues to head south, the jobs that many of them worked here are going to disappear. Also, as more Americans experience difficult times, they are going to need some of the benefits that the illegals have freely partaken of. I think as the number of people needing help increases, recipients will be scrutinized more carefully to be sure they are eligible for benefits. As the jobs and benefits dry up, the illegals will leave on their own.
They may have lived here for years but they have been in violation of US laws the entire time. The fact that they have been here for a long time is no excuse to allow them to stay. They knew what they were doing when they came here.
I'm sure many will head home if they are not have a job waiting for them,
but you cannot blame this horrible economy on the Illegals.
I do feel that if they have been here for length of time and had their children here and have been a stellar citizen, they should be allowed to stay.
If it would not hurt everyone, I wish they would all head home and watch the bottom fall out here, then maybe people would understand that yes we do in fact need them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
3,398 posts, read 6,957,151 times
Reputation: 2827
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No threat: a warning------------one by one; the states are stepping up and 'cracking the whip' on the illegals and their enablers
Its the truth, dear. Read the news. There have been numerous large raids in my state alone, and we are getting more strict about every 3 months.
In my city, you can be fined 1,000 dollars ( I think thats the number..if it isnt, the fine is still steep) PER illegal you hire, and our citizens have become VERY likely to pick up the phone and call the IRS.

I made 2 calls just last week.

Last edited by Colddiamond102; 09-14-2008 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling error...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm sure many will head home if they are not have a job waiting for them,
but you cannot blame this horrible economy on the Illegals.
I do feel that if they have been here for length of time and had their children here and have been a stellar citizen, they should be allowed to stay.
If it would not hurt everyone, I wish they would all head home and watch the bottom fall out here, then maybe people would understand that yes we do in fact need them.
The economy. No I don't blame it all on them. But they do exasperate the situation.
No we don't need criminals of any kind.
Should any be allowed to stay? No a criminal should never be rewarded for their crimes. Allowing them to stay would be rewarding them.
The children are the true victims and deserve our pity and compassion. Just as the child of a convicted criminal sent to prison deserves or pity and compassion. That doesn't mean we let the criminal parent off with a walk sorry about the inconvenience back to your normal life now. The millions of legal immigrants who came before and during this invasion tell the real tale. Immigration is both possible and attainable. Just be patient.
The cost> Many illegals paid thousands to be smuggled. They should have spent that money more wisely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
I think the gov should offer rewards for anyone who turns in an illegal, an employer of illegals or a land lord who rents to illegals.
$500.00 reward would probibly work pretty good.
I myself would most likely donate my reward to the victims of crimes by illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1284
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm sure many will head home if they are not have a job waiting for them,
but you cannot blame this horrible economy on the Illegals.
I do feel that if they have been here for length of time and had their children here and have been a stellar citizen, they should be allowed to stay.
If it would not hurt everyone, I wish they would all head home and watch the bottom fall out here, then maybe people would understand that yes we do in fact need them.
I did not blame the poor economy on the illegals. IMO, they are a factor but there are many other reasons for the downturn as well.
If they have been in the US illegally for a length of time, they have not been a 'stellar citizen'. They are not a citizen of any sort. Illegal aliens know exactly what they were doing when they choose to cross into the US illegally. The fact that they have gotten away with living here for a long time is no reason to allow them to stay. If children are involved, I feel badly for the children. But it is their parents fault that they are in this situation, no one else's.
This 'they have to be allowed to stay because they have been here for a long time' argument makes no sense. If a Merrill Lynch banker and his family have been living in London for 10 years, do you think the British are going to give them citizenship simply because they have been living there for a long time? If a US serviceman is stationed in Germany for 4 years, should he expect to be allowed to live there forever and be made a German cititzen? If I go vacation in Tahiti for 6 months, can I claim that I should be allowed to stay indefinitely because I have been there for a long time?
I do not think the host countries would be willing to let anyone stay and give them citizenship solely on the basis that they have been there for a long time. We should not give citizenship to illegals who have been living in the US in violation of our laws for a long time either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top