U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 03:36 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,958,123 times

Advertisements

Sassy and others,

You truly are fighting a losing battle here. Americans have told our politicians REPEATEDLY that we dont want amnesty. Period. Or do you not remember the news reports of literally millions of voters storming the White House with phone calls, letters, and emails?

We are sick and tired of illegal immigrants, and our tolerance toward them is very quickly diminishing. Sorry ya'll...but majority rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 03:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Are you another one who judges Americans and thinks Americans need to lower their "standards" to pay for illegal aliens? I submit you have never had a job where you had to work and excel and grow. Are you getting handouts too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes there was a time that the Americans worked hard for their money,
then in later years they thought they were worth more than they actually were and started demanding more money, and we are talking about the low paying jobs unskilled labor. The employers finally got tired of it and the demands of their employees and started using the Illegals that were willing to work hard for less and outsourcing the jobs to other countries.
So everyone that has their panties in a knot can look at themselves for what has taken place.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:51 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No one said it was illegal. Being an enablerdoes not make one a criminal. An enabler is someone who would excuse illegal behavior. An enabler is someone who is willing to justify what criminals due.
example. Daves son is a drug addict. Enablers know what he is, they know that he uses drugs, they know where he is going at night. They make excuses for him, they cover for him they might even provide him shelter when he gets wasted. But they never hold him accountable. Its not his fault he fell in with a bad crowd, his life is hard, his mother neglected him... They make it easy for him to do what he does.
No it is his fault everyone knows that drugs are addictive and he did them anyway. Were Dave my friend I would coach him to get help, ban him from my home if continues to do drugs. The last thing I would do is facilitate his addiction by allowing it in my presence.
Enablers of illegals are the same. Its a victimless crime. American workers got greedy thats why employers hire illegals, Americans are lazy and illegals work really hard. NO Employers got greedy because illegals are willing to work cheap and legals are not. Which is it sassy illegals are exploited by employers or employers hire illegals because the american work for is too expensive and not good enough workers?

You are right about employers getting greedy, but you also need to know that a business owners also have generally a high overhead most employers also pay for medical benefits for at least the worker and sometimes the entire family. I would think that the employers hire the illegals because they get more bang for their buck.
I have no use for criminals either, but if we were to be honest, not all of them are criminals. If you ever go back in my posts you will see that I do not think coming here illegally is right, the only concern I have is that they be treated humanly. I do not have a problem with deportation, but give them food and water. I know you will say it is THEIR PROBLEM but if you were in a foreign country(right or wrong) and looking to be able to feed their family, but you are in another country and someone beats you, rapes your wife, and you are an illegal, who are you going to turn to? there is no one to turn to because you are illegal and you do not want to be deported because you gave all you had to the coyote and you would be going back to nothing. I agree it was their responsibility to come here in the first place. If it were my family and they were hungry and this was all my children had to look forward to, I would do whatever it took to help them, even if it meant doing an illegal act by going across the border to work.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Then put your money where your mouth is. Pony up your paycheck and give it over to illegals since you are so sympathetic to their cause. Also, with the derogatory comments you have made about disabled children and their parents, you probably should resign from your job as these children need someone who is on their side and effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Now what are you saying? I work and pay my own way. What do I want from you? Nothing. I am a natural born US citizen and teach at our local school in a room for LD kids so what the heck are you talking about?

Old 09-14-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Are you another one who judges Americans and thinks Americans need to lower their "standards" to pay for illegal aliens? I submit you have never had a job where you had to work and excel and grow. Are you getting handouts too?
I have never in my life taken a handout. As far as "Jobs" my husband and I have owned two companies and have worked more hours than I want to think about, so we could cut back on the labor, and before you jumpon this...NO WE NEVER HIRED A LEGAL OR ILLEGAL.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Sassy and others,

You truly are fighting a losing battle here. Americans have told our politicians REPEATEDLY that we dont want amnesty. Period. Or do you not remember the news reports of literally millions of voters storming the White House with phone calls, letters, and emails?

We are sick and tired of illegal immigrants, and our tolerance toward them is very quickly diminishing. Sorry ya'll...but majority rules.
You are right, it is a losing battle, but if the off chance were to happen, it would have to be done by the politicians. I guess that is the most frustrating part for me, it goes on daily and "our" government has basically done nothing, and I will be surprised if they do.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:07 PM

Good, since you're such a business minded person, you won't mind turning over your earnings to support illegals. Sympathizers and enablers should pay more since they think they should be here. As a matter of fact, since there is a housing problem for illegals, why don't you post your address so they can take up residence with you. You certainly shouldn't mind that.

You lower your own standard of living to support them. I think you should behave as you believe. I'm not lowering mine, unless I'm taxed to death to support illegals, to send their children to college rather than send mine, which apparently is coming for myself and worse, for my sweet children who don't deserve it. You think it's okay to punish my America's citizens' children for your wrong decisions and wrong thinking, but I don't. You can post glib little comments, but your decisions punish America. I can't believe you're okay with that.

Quote:
I have never in my life taken a handout. As far as "Jobs" my husband and I have owned two companies and have worked more hours than I want to think about, so we could cut back on the labor, and before you jumpon this...NO WE NEVER HIRED A LEGAL OR ILLEGAL.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Good, since you're such a business minded person, you won't mind turning over your earnings to support illegals. Sympathizers and enablers should pay more since they think they should be here. As a matter of fact, since there is a housing problem for illegals, why don't you post your address so they can take up residence with you. You certainly shouldn't mind that.

You lower your own standard of living to support them. I think you should behave as you believe. I'm not lowering mine, unless I'm taxed to death to support illegals, to send their children to college rather than send mine, which apparently is coming for myself and worse, for my sweet children who don't deserve it. You think it's okay to punish my America's citizens' children for your wrong decisions and wrong thinking, but I don't. You can post glib little comments, but your decisions punish America. I can't believe you're okay with that.
I have helped them many times in their country with MY money. I don't think you have any idea how many organizations there are are doing a lot to help the Mexicans in their country without costing you or anyone else a cent. Oh and the rest of your post does not even relate to my feelings at all. Please let me know where I said it was okay to punish American citizens children for MY WRONG DECISIONS AND WRONG THINKING???
Please elaborate, are you saying my money going to Mexico is taking from your children???

Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
I have helped them many times in their country with MY money. I don't think you have any idea how many organizations there are are doing a lot to help the Mexicans in their country without costing you or anyone else a cent. Oh and the rest of your post does not even relate to my feelings at all. Please let me know where I said it was okay to punish American citizens children for MY WRONG DECISIONS AND WRONG THINKING???
Please elaborate, are you saying my money going to Mexico is taking from your children???
Mexico should be helping their own citizens. They are the 16th richest country in the world.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Mexico should be helping their own citizens. They are the 16th richest country in the world.
Mexico may be rich, but the people are not. I have no problem helping them to help themselves. I know that most people think this country is rich but it is not, is there one country left that we have not borrowed from? I think we would be in a pile of doo doo were China to call in their markers. I imagine that President Bush is so happy that there are other things going on so he is not always sitting on the hot seat, but he has borrowed so much money to keep this war going, yet our economy is going down the tubes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or