U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 08:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Oddly enough, my story is almost a mirror image of yours. You started out 'mean', and became 'nice'...I, on the other hand, started out 'nice' and became 'mean'....go figure !!

For many years, I worked with illegal Mexicans...I helped them, they helped me, we partied together, and they were some very enjoyable people. I have a NUMBER of people in my extended family who once WERE illegals. I've carpooled with illegals, and they've come to my aid many times. Back then, illegals were nice people.

Then times got 'tough'. The NEW illegals started "acting different". This upset me, and it even upset many of the FORMER illegals I knew..the 'new guys' just didn't have the 'class' of their predecessors. It got worse and worse, until finally we suffered the debacle of the idiotic "flag-waving" incidents. That DID it....I finally got FED UP, and the result is the "grumpy guy" you now see on this forum.

Am I just a "racist"?..that's unlikely, as my spouse, for all practical purposes, shares the ethnicity of MOST illegals..as do our kids, grandkids, and many assorted friends and in-laws. So 'race' is hardly the issue. "Meanness" isn't either, because MOST of these folks I know are very very decent. What MOST of us object to is the "BS" factor...the endless, repetitive demands and sense of 'entitlement'. And while I STILL know a few illegals (getting older now...with "legal" kids), and they're STILL fine people as individuals, AS A "CLASS", and as a chronic, ongoing situation, it CANNOT be allowed to continue. You can "like" an individual, but dislike his faults...and even THAT doesn't mean you must 'approve' of 20 million lawbreakers.

Again, Sassyone, at one time I felt as you do. Forty years later, I no longer do. I can only HOPE things don't continue to deteriorate to the point that SOME day, you find yourself agreeing with ME...and have to change your forum 'handle' from "Sassyone", to "Grumpyone". Now THAT would be a sad day indeed !!...
That was my 'tipping point' as well.

Flying the Mexican flag during those idiotic illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006 was an Act of War IMHO---------much like 9-11 and the December 7th, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. And the repercussions are starting to be felt-----------and, Mexico in particular is trying damage control under the guise of machismo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM

391 posts, read 740,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
[/b][/color]

You are right about employers getting greedy, but you also need to know that a business owners also have generally a high overhead most employers also pay for medical benefits for at least the worker and sometimes the entire family. I would think that the employers hire the illegals because they get more bang for their buck.
I have no use for criminals either, but if we were to be honest, not all of them are criminals. If you ever go back in my posts you will see that I do not think coming here illegally is right, the only concern I have is that they be treated humanly. I do not have a problem with deportation, but give them food and water. I know you will say it is THEIR PROBLEM but if you were in a foreign country(right or wrong) and looking to be able to feed their family, but you are in another country and someone beats you, rapes your wife, and you are an illegal, who are you going to turn to? there is no one to turn to because you are illegal and you do not want to be deported because you gave all you had to the coyote and you would be going back to nothing. I agree it was their responsibility to come here in the first place. If it were my family and they were hungry and this was all my children had to look forward to, I would do whatever it took to help them, even if it meant doing an illegal act by going across the border to work.
Any parent that loved their child would do what ever was needed. Remember the plane crash where the soccer players ended up having to be cannibals? My point is you would do what ever you had to and I will not believe otherwise. Sorry folks but sassy is right.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:31 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Good solid post. I delivered pizza at night, worked as an aid in a nursing home . I did whatever I could to digmyself out of debt and out of that hole.. I worked at one point 3 jobs some days getting only a couple of hours sleep. I am not alone many many Americans have done this.
The forever welfare group is beneath my contempt. Good phrase. Mine was career reliefers.
Thank you first of all and I too worked as an aid in a nursing home, nothing easy about that one, huh. My dad used to say, "I don't care what you do for a job, but give it the best you've got". I have always tried to do that.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Good riddance; chey2u.

I used to block your kind of pro illegal lovers---------not anymore.

Just remember that since I can see you; if you say something derogatory, I can and will Report you if needed

Ditto big guy

Old 09-14-2008, 08:34 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
suppose you've been there and know, right? have someone take you to a place other than a resort
Hey, I thought you were ignoring me! I have to say, I'm rather disappointed in the short duration of my so-called banishment.

Yes, I've been to Mexico. I've never been to a resort town. My father and I did all of our charitable work along the Mexican border, mostly taking food and clothing to church run orphanages. My father was affectionately known by the Padres as Senor Bumblebee because of the gold cordoroy coat he always wore.

So sorry to break it to you chey and/or sassy, but you are not the only person to have ever done charitable work in Mexico.

Hard to believe, I know. You'd much rather think the worst of the rest of us....

Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Goddess will do nicely. Yes I will continue to think what I wish, in that you are correct. You can look to another thread to see what I think of a possessor of a supposed Master's degree in Education who cannot or will not punctuate the simplest of sentences

Apparently, I have not yet spontaneously combusted. So sorry your little poof thing misfired. Guess you'll have to put us all on ignore, eh?

Oh the humiliation of it all, but then again, you'd run out of people to argue with if you ignored each and every one of us who disagree with you. However, it would open the door to an all sassy and chey, all the time, love fest....oh the possibilities!
I will just watch and read your posts and report your flames. Not going away sorry for you

Old 09-14-2008, 08:42 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
I will just watch and read your posts and report your flames. Not going away sorry for you
Remember; we will continue be watching you very closely; if you have any problem with me---------feel free to use the Report feature.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:45 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
Uhhh, go back up a few posts.

Quote:
still waiting to hear what I said about kids..........

Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Why if you went away, I would sorely miss your posts. You keep my proofreading skills polished which I must say, is a bonus for me since I must be on my toes with my own papers for my classes. Let's face it chey, nobody has quite the way with words that you do.....

In addition, I would encourage you to report my posts if you feel that they violate the TOS. And in return, I will be happy to do the same for you.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Back off--chuckling--right. I submit you are upset because someone is challenging you. However, read your own comments:

...."YesI teach your special ed children that got your disability and I had to get my masters degree to help them write their name on their I love my mommy card."

As I recall this was after you and countless others flamed me. I too am a mother and a grandmother and did most of it solo. Sorry to hear about your daughter. see you know nothing of me or I you. in another place we would most likely have hit it off quite well. but when one is attacked repeatedly by many you should be able to see why I would fight back. I work with autistic children and all other kinds. I would never treat a child harshly ever and they love me. all of them even the 14 year old who tackled me on the pavement Friday.

For an alleged teacher to put this kind of degrading comment about special needs children and their parents is egregious in nature. I have a blind, autistic daughter, and I shudder to think you might be her teacher. If you do nothing else, please raise your level of thinking and consideration for their sake alone. They are human beings, too, and deserve more of what we normally give, especially from a teacher parents trust. If you commit to do that for those children, I'll stop challenging what I consider to be your illogical positions.
See if you open your mind for one second and not just go with the gang on attack you might see the heart of the person on the other end of the PC. Please forgive me that the comment hit home. I had been attacked for hours and I have my own personal crisis. I can only take what I can take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or