U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM

3,081 posts, read 3,343,163 times

Advertisements

I hope so. In the meantime, illegals are being given drivers licenses and voting privileges, so residents of another country can vote for our President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have a feeling that Special Order 40 will soon be declared null and void.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Hey, I thought you were ignoring me! I have to say, I'm rather disappointed in the short duration of my so-called banishment.

Yes, I've been to Mexico. I've never been to a resort town. My father and I did all of our charitable work along the Mexican border, mostly taking food and clothing to church run orphanages. My father was affectionately known by the Padres as Senor Bumblebee because of the gold cordoroy coat he always wore.

So sorry to break it to you chey and/or sassy, but you are not the only person to have ever done charitable work in Mexico.

Hard to believe, I know. You'd much rather think the worst of the rest of us....
No, you are wrong...I would not rather think the worst of anyone. It sounds like it was a good memory for you and your father and there are always people that can use a helping hand at one time or another.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 PM

391 posts, read 742,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
Now I am appalled: your justification of the pro-illegal/pro-criminality stance to ignore all that is civilized in America, its laws, its morality, ad infinitum.

One of my favorite quotes I've seen on City-data is:
"Culture is making a nice bowl out of your enemy's skull.
Civilization is being thrown in prison for doing just that."

How an educated person can forget that civilization is a two-way street is beyond me. Your quote justifies selfsame wreck survivors attacking and eating your own children because "you do whatever you had to." You wrote this. Laws, such as our own country's, are put in place hopefully to evolve our civilization, not take it back to primeval hardscrabble. America is the place to which people want to move and become legal citizens because of our laws.

No, you DON'T have the option to come into my house, kill and eat my husband to feed your children. NEVER. And I as well NEVER will even entertain same, and I've lived through an actual terrible disaster wherein my own immediate neighbors were killed by selfsame disaster and we all didn't know what was going to happen next. And no, illegals DON'T have the right to suspend all American laws, just because they don't "want" to obey them. And no, illegals DON'T have the right to cherrypick what laws they want to obey either in their own selfish narcissism for their family, to "justify" that people residing in another country matter more than poor, needy and desperate American citizens living here.

Unfortunately, your post also highlights the spankin' new mindset of younger pro-illegals, which is that their ancestral culture matters most and no one else in creation does. They actually do not believe that a melting pot such as our American experience should exist any more, that everything should be done for La Raza, American laws be damned. Our poster Kele was physically attacked and beaten for being American free press, videotaping the pro-illegal/pro-criminality rally. We actually have a Constitution and Bill of Rights to protect a free press, yet pro-illegals ignored it and physically attacked a woman, because they didn't "want" to obey the laws. My neighborhood acitivist friend and his own family were targeted for violence by pro-illegals, who deseminated flyers with his description and license plate number, and advised their own to make trouble for him because pro-illegals didn't "want" to obey anti-stalker laws. (He subsequently moved out of state.)

Besides the mindset of lawlessness or merely cherrypicking which laws you want to obey in the "interest of your family," there are genuine costs -back to topic- to human lives right here in America that pro-illegals conveniently forget. They have instant amnesia that law-abiding, tax-paying, poor, needy and desperate American citizens are always pushed to the back of the line by the sheer numbers of the people that shouldn't even be here, the illegals.

I guess you don't know American poor people in places overrun by illegals. For solace, I accompanied my too-poor-for-health-insurance friend who needed county help for her cancer here in L.A. Unfortunately it was a gynocological cancer which put her in with a veritable sea of hundreds of uniformly eight and half months' pregnant women from south of the border (and yes, people in L.A. can differientiate.) Because of sheer numbers, her appointments for an actual cancer were four months apart, even post surgical ones. Because of the scanty pre-op and post-op treatments, she developed a problem that didn't have to happen at all, and will have lifelong complications and pain for the rest of her life. She might have even died for something preventable and immenently treatable.

If this lifelong, tax-paying American citizen had had her cancer in any other American city that wasn't overrun with illegals, she would not have had lifelong pain and complications. But of course, the pro-illegals see nothing at all wrong with this! How you must hate your fellow American citizens to think that people in other countries actually matter MORE than our poorest and still taxpaying American citizens! And until every pro-illegal/pro-criminal poster here in taxed into oblivion like we in Los Angeles are to support the nation's largest population of illegals for services that we, the American citizens will never get, you just might be a hypocrite. I know the real consequences of being overrun with illegals: you don't.

First of all...whoa down! You completely mis read my post. EAT CHILDREN -SICK! I never said anything of the sort. I said Do you remember the movie, the soccor players whose plane crashed some where like the Andes? They had to survive extreme circumstances and one was canibalism. It is a true story. These were not kids they were adults. That part being sorted the rest of my comment was there are those families SOB who stuggle with nothing to eat day in and out. Their parents whom can no longer stand to see them suffer, come to the US anyway they can so they will be able to feed there kids. As a mother and grandmother and a woman who LOVES children I can understand their desperation and I feel anyone in their shoes would do what ever they had to so their children could be fed. I do not feel in any of you who have a heart that you would not do what ever you had to for your kids.
I do not expect anyone to agree since largely you swing against immigration. I am stumped as to anyone who read my post and thought this way but I am use to the flaming. Hope you all are not feeling too embarrassed for not reading correctly

Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
First of all...whoa down! You completely mis read my post. EAT CHILDREN -SICK! I never said anything of the sort. I said Do you remember the movie, the soccor players whose plane crashed some where like the Andes? They had to survive extreme circumstances and one was canibalism. It is a true story. These were not kids they were adults. That part being sorted the rest of my comment was there are those families SOB who stuggle with nothing to eat day in and out. Their parents whom can no longer stand to see them suffer, come to the US anyway they can so they will be able to feed there kids. As a mother and grandmother and a woman who LOVES children I can understand their desperation and I feel anyone in their shoes would do what ever they had to so their children could be fed. I do not feel in any of you who have a heart that you would not do what ever you had to for your kids.
I do not expect anyone to agree since largely you swing against immigration. I am stumped as to anyone who read my post and thought this way but I am use to the flaming. Hope you all are not feeling too embarrassed for not reading correctly
Answer this please:

Mexico's per capita income is almost $13K a year-----------which ain't poor. Why is Mexico 'unable' to feed its people??

Besides: malnutrition is not exactly a problem SOB as it is.............if anything, many Mexicans today are fat.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:59 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,698,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Answer this please:

Mexico's per capita income is almost $13K a year-----------which ain't poor. Why is Mexico 'unable' to feed its people??

Besides: malnutrition is not exactly a problem SOB as it is.............if anything, many Mexicans today are fat.
13K? That's more than I've made in many lean years with three kids to support! (And I did so without food stamps, etc.)

Old 09-15-2008, 10:27 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
13K? That's more than I've made in many lean years with three kids to support! (And I did so without food stamps, etc.)
Source:

CIA Factbook Mexico

Old 09-15-2008, 10:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I know you did not know the post would be taken in the direction
some have taken it!! If you will point me in the direction of the post,
I will read it. I do know you would not mean anything of the sort.
I do know there are times when a statement on a computer can be taken wrong, there is really no inflection and no body language, unless you type yelling!! But the part about the husband and the children?? I do not even understand how anyone could read that wrong, unless they were maybe too upset. I'm sorry, don't worry about it.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,046,426 times
If an illegal Mexican has taken a job away for you, you need to evaluate the choices you've made in life. Personally, I don't know anyone that is upset that illegal Mexicans are landscaping, washing dishes in restaurant kitchens, working in the fields picking fruits and vegetables on farms, etc. When I was a kid in the 70's and early 80's, my peers worked at McDonalds, Burger King, etc. Now none of my friends' kids would touch those jobs. They're done by legal Mexicans. Sure there is a cost in providing illegal aliens healthcare and some other social services, but we can also buy 3 limes for $1.00 at the grocery store. Our entire capitalistic economy is based on businesses making profits for themselves and their shareholders. So many American citizens are lining their pockets with profits that in some cases, are earned by the back breaking work done by illegal aliens. Some dude in suburban USA can hire illiegal Mexicans to do his landscaping once a week at a reasonable rate, so he can spend the weekends golfing or maybe spending time with his family. In some respects, the cost of having illegals here, comes back to us in other ways. It keeps things cheaper and it buys us time. I'd be wiling to pay more money for things and employ legal American citizens, but I'm not a powerful decision maker type of person. If our government REALLY wanted to curb this problem, I think they could. They don't want to because it benefits a lot of Americans - the ones that are way beyond busing tables or cutting grass for a living. Maybe the illegals are taking jobs away from low skilled legal citizens. But they're not a powerful group and don't have a lobby in Washington DC.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:24 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,046,426 times
One last comment...if you've ever seen the kind of poverty that exists in parts of the world first hand (including Mexico) you may better understand why people risk their lives to come here. LIfe is a crap shoot and some of us are lucky to be born in the US. Others are born in horribly corrupt, violent and poverty stricken places. So they're there, barely getting by and wanting a better life. It's easy to see how people would not want better for themselves and their children. It's human nature. Living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 8 other people in the US and working 7 days a week for 10 hours a day and having running water, a toilet and food is better than living in many other parts of the world, including many parts of Mexico.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:27 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,282,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
Center for Immigration Studies

Is it referring to illegal aliens from Mexico, legal immigrants from Mexico, or both?
Does it matter??? It stinks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or