U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 11:11 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times

Advertisements

That's right. Since I'm the one and people like me paying your bills. If the truth hurts, pay your own way. When you start doing that, then I'll listen to your opinion. Until that time, you are just like anybody else trying to get something out of me they don't deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Blah, blah, blah I guess we cabt have our opinion unless it is yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
"Here Here !!"....well persented, and a MASTERFUL peace of righting....I agree with you ONE HUNDRED PRESENT, Kele.....and welcome back to the form!! You're ideals are ALWAYS worthy of thoughtful concideration, well put out, and delivered with a FLORIST. You ALSO follow the rules of English pretty well, unlike some of our writters, who's names we won't mechion. I continue to hold you in ah and respacked. LOL....
Grate poest!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
This makes you better than I? I have little respect for some in that field who killed a loved one by not paying attention.
As to where I get my information other than the usual ways, news, paper and everything they want to tell you but leave out a lot of truth. Is from working as a volunteer in the hospital and talking to billing, I talk with the nurses and doctors etc. I gather infor from many sources and I even listen to the feed back from your people in the hospital.
Nurses, doctors and the billing staff are not going to be sharing information concerning who pays their bills and who does not with a hospital volunteer.

If illegal aliens do indeed pay their hospital bills because it is 'the right thing to do', then why has the US taxpayer had to fork over $1,000,000,000 over the last 4 years to cover the unpaid ER bills of illegals?

May 2005

Quote:
U.S. to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Health care providers can charge the government for emergency care provided to illegal aliens beginning Tuesday.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued final guidance Monday that sets up a system for reimbursement. Lawmakers set aside $1 billion over four years for the program, created by Medicare legislation passed in 2003.

For hospitals in border states, the additional money can mean the difference between running a profitable business or an unprofitable one, said Don May, vice president of policy for the American Hospital Association.

"I don't know if it will completely change their financial picture, but for those hospitals on the border, this is going to make a difference in ensuring they are there to treat the patients, not just the undocumented ones, but all the patients living in those communities," May said.

Two-thirds of the money will be distributed to health care providers based on a state's percentage of undocumented aliens. The remaining third will go to providers in the six states with the largest number of arrests of undocumented aliens.

The states receiving the highest amounts in the current fiscal year are California, $70.8 million; Texas, $46 million; Arizona, $45 million; and New York, $12.25 million.

Payments to providers will be made on a quarterly basis and will be adjusted proportionately if the bills exceed the state's allocation.
CNN.com - U.S.*to pay medical bills for illegal immigrants - May 10, 2005 (http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/10/heallth.illegal.ap/ - broken link)

This $1 billion is to cover only bills run up in the ER. This does not cover care given anywhere else in the hospital. If the illegal aliens pay thier bills as you claim, why did we have to divert $1 billion of Medicare funds to cover their expenses and keep these hospitals open?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
LOL - yeah, it got kind of obvious, didn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Since you also are sassyone, I do not doubt that you know her a zillion times better than anyone else. What 'special talents' might those be? The ability to post under two names?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If you have an M.A. in Education, I will eat my keyboard.

I'm currently in my Anthropology Master's program, and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY I deal with on a professional level (M.A.'s and Ph.D.'s) would ever condone the sort of grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors that seem to be the sum and substance of each and every post you make.

As for your "trash talking assertion," allow me to remind you of a few of your own little gems:

"LOL you are such and dumb one."
"And they sais I am the retarded one."
"I pity your ignorance "
"If I am a troll then you are one of those guys who shoot illegals on the spot."
"You've been camping way to long and know zip."
"oooooooooooohhhhh yes I forgot Bear knows everything. Does he work or just sit at the pc all day with no family or friends? I think the latter."
"some are just thick headed not to see the trees for the forest"
"Maybe you hear voices in your head."

Just a few little chey-isms to assist you in remembering the ancient Chinese proverb, "Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
Can you imagine what a Master's Thesis would be like?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Grate poest!
Eye uhgree.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:40 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Grate poest!
Sho 'nuff (had to go 'Southern Redneck' here )

Old 09-14-2008, 11:58 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
ah Duh everyone knows that and we were not talking about treatment if you read right.
Really? Exactly what were you talking about then?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Can you imagine what a Master's Thesis would be like?
Oooh, scary!

Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
[quote=tinman01;5257749]That is the same as blaming society when a rapist rapes. The employers own a share of the fault and our gov owns a measure as well by not enforcing our laws. Make no mistake the employers did not put a gun to the illegals head and said march or you die. The illegals made a decision to disregard the rights of the United States of America to determine its own immigration policies. The illegals decided to break our laws. They own the lion share of guilt and as with any criminal should not be rewarded for it.
We should not attempt to appease them. We should not try to find a way to reward them. No they are not trash, least of all the children. They are however criminals and should be held accountable for their crimes.[/quoteI

I understand where you are coming from although we differ. The goverment did not tell these people for years that they could not enter this country, I hope you do not think our government would not do what helps them, politics is dirty and most people realize that and also realize there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it. The employers I do not believe will receive any harsh punishment, it is keeping the companies happy that they can pay a lower wage. I never hear anyone gripe about all the jobs being outsourced, that should be a real worry, and also have you heard much on the news about immigration? No, it is not their concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or