Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,085,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe what we are doing is working. Remove the jobs. actively pursue suspected illegals. Many are fleeing before its their turn.
I don't think its expecting a lot. I think its expecting them to respect our rights. They may leave at will the sooner the better. I pity the children they are trapped by less than perfect circumstances and through no fault of their own. Anytime a childs heart is broken its a sin. But I care most about american children and the families impacted by illegals. That includes families of mexican heritage.
I agree with most of your post. I blame the employers and all of this should fall in their lap along with our government who knew what was happening, they allowed these people to build a home here and now they are like so much trash, tossed aside, because the United States have decided they don't want them here anymore. They need to work out a plan that will work for the Illegals and the Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,143,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I agree with most of your post. I blame the employers and all of this should fall in their lap along with our government who knew what was happening, they allowed these people to build a home here and now they are like so much trash, tossed aside, because the United States have decided they don't want them here anymore. They need to work out a plan that will work for the Illegals and the Americans.
That is the same as blaming society when a rapist rapes. The employers own a share of the fault and our gov owns a measure as well by not enforcing our laws. Make no mistake the employers did not put a gun to the illegals head and said march or you die. The illegals made a decision to disregard the rights of the United States of America to determine its own immigration policies. The illegals decided to break our laws. They own the lion share of guilt and as with any criminal should not be rewarded for it.
We should not attempt to appease them. We should not try to find a way to reward them. No they are not trash, least of all the children. They are however criminals and should be held accountable for their crimes.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:21 PM

3,090 posts, read 3,951,889 times
Sassyone, do you have any idea what made America the best of the best? The hard work of American citizens and immigrants who came here with the desire to be U. S. citizens, to work hard, who asked for nothing, learned the English language, became productive, not on the backs of the American citizens, but on their own. Not so the illegals. They demand hand outs, demand their children be educated in their own language, demand free medical care and can't understand why Americans are so upset at paying their medical bills, free college education. They fly the American flag upside down or fly their Mexico's flag above the U. S. flag. Their political groups are anti-white, they demand to be given the southwest United States, and on and on and on with their demands.

I, as an American citizen, for the sake of my children, will not tolerate that one bit without a big fight. At least I'll be able to tell my children that I didn't just hand our country over to people who could care less about it.

Quote:
I don't think they should be treated like they are, by a lot of Americans they are treated like they are sub human, I think that can be a dangerous slippery slope when we treat others that we are better, that is one of the problems of the US we always have thought we were the best of the best, well its not looking to good right now, others are getting tired of being trampled with.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 PM

391 posts, read 870,504 times
Quote:
Bianca,
Don't let the group that does not want you in this country bother you too much, there are many Americans that appreciate you and also visiting your country
I agree with Sassy and beware they can be mean beyond words when you disagree.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,496,537 times
Quote:
What is the plan to move the thousands home? They are here and have been for a long time and no one was hot and botherd then, now they are here and you expect them to make a mass exodus for Mexico. I think that is expecting a lot of people that have lived here for years.
They have not all "lived here for years" -- and even if they have, they are here illegally and are "owed" nothing. It's not as though they were here working for free like 'real' slaves. They were simply working for 'slave' wages. Furthermore, people who have adopted the American culture haven't lived in a country for 10-15 years and still not speak one word of English.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 AM

391 posts, read 870,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Sassyone, do you have any idea what made America the best of the best? The hard work of American citizens and immigrants who came here with the desire to be U. S. citizens, to work hard, who asked for nothing, learned the English language, became productive, not on the backs of the American citizens, but on their own. Not so the illegals. They demand hand outs, demand their children be educated in their own language, demand free medical care and can't understand why Americans are so upset at paying their medical bills, free college education.

Have you every seen this is action? They can not get hand outs if illegal. Must have a ss card. Can't get medical without that either so will wait til there is no other choice and go to the emergency room where they have to pay and are billed which they do pay or I would say a large majority do because they have their pride and want to do whats right. Free College no one gets that NO ONE.

They fly the American flag upside down or fly their Mexico's flag above the U. S. flag. Their political groups are anti-white, they demand to be given the southwest United States, and on and on and on with their demands.

Its possible you speak of a few but I believe these to be legal. Illegals hide from public demonstrations

I, as an American citizen, for the sake of my children, will not tolerate that one bit without a big fight. At least I'll be able to tell my children that I didn't just hand our country over to people who could care less about it.
Hand other the SW to them it will only happen when we become the Euro-nation. Canada, USA, Mexico. They the gov't officals have been working on this for decades.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:06 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,458,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I agree with Sassy and beware they can be mean beyond words when you disagree.
While being 'mean beyond words' on a message board may not be the best behavior, it sure beats closing down a community's hospital like the illegals do.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:08 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,104,404 times
yes the real cost of illegal immigration is quiet high.
its an under the table NAFTA deal and a bad trade deal. the costs are passed on thru deficit spending, which the tax payers of future generations will have to confront.
i think the american public is getting smarter. at some point they will realize that government & corporations do not love the law, you, or the moral majority. they are not here to protect you or your interests. they are here to control you and your interests. their decisions benefit the few rich and powerful. we need to take another look at labor unions.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,496,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
While being 'mean beyond words' on a message board may not be the best behavior, it sure beats closing down a community's hospital like the illegals do.
Indeed. Not to mention all of the other 'mean' things they do. Identity theft comes to mind.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:20 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,458,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
Have you every seen this is action? They can not get hand outs if illegal. Must have a ss card. Can't get medical without that either so will wait til there is no other choice and go to the emergency room where they have to pay and are billed which they do pay or I would say a large majority do because they have their pride and want to do whats right. Free College no one gets that NO ONE.
This is about as far from the truth as it is possible to get.
They do not 'wait until there is no other choice' then go to the ER. They use the ER like a primary care physician. They show up for any reason at all (or even for no reason other than they wanted to watch the TV in the waiting room) because they know that by law they must be seen and treated. Whether they can pay or not. Your claim that the majority pay their bills is nonsense, IMO. The costs are covered by emergency Medicaid/Medicare funds which are diverted from covering care for Americans and used to pay illegal's bills in order to keep hospitals afloat. State and local taxes also pay a big chunk.

I am not sure where you are getting your information from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration