Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 02:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
right back at ya. said to be I say to you and to hell with your so called MA or PHDs grammer or whatever on a forum OMG get a grip
Wow, a little touchy, aren't we? After spending a minute or two attempting to decipher that little paragraph, I have this to say.

Since when does an educator disregard all rules of writing, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization simply because they are posting on a forum?

There are plenty of college educated, intelligent people posting on this forum. You don't have to dumb it down for the rest of us, I assure you, should you actually decide to follow Hacker's Rules for Writing, the rest of us will do our best to keep up.

I showed your postings to my fiance, who has a Ph.D. in Renaissance Literature and is a college professor at a well known University. He nearly fell off of the couch. He's willing to up the ante and see our keyboard and printer and raise you his Ph.D. diploma. With your current writings, you couldn't even pass his freshman Comp course.

By the way, I've never claimed to have a M.A. I said that I was in my Master's program. You've supposedly been through one of those. You should know the difference between a Bachelor's and a Master's.

And it's grammar, not grammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 02:26 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
The message was not directed to you and I could care less what you think, all you do is threaten...you know where the two border patrol officers are sitting because they thought they could get away with
killing. The threats that you have posted over and over, could present a problem
If you have a problem with my putative 'threats': use the Report feature; I use it from time to time against extremists----------and, have had a hand in pitching a few flagrantly racist ones off of here

Old 09-14-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Wow, a little touchy, aren't we? After spending a minute or two attempting to decipher that little paragraph, I have this to say.

Since when does an educator disregard all rules of writing, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization simply because they are posting on a forum?

There are plenty of college educated, intelligent people posting on this forum. You don't have to dumb it down for the rest of us, I assure you, should you actually decide to follow Hacker's Rules for Writing, the rest of us will do our best to keep up.

I showed your postings to my fiance, who has a Ph.D. in Renaissance Literature and is a college professor at a well known University. He nearly fell off of the couch. He's willing to up the ante and see our keyboard and printer and raise you his Ph.D. diploma. With your current writings, you couldn't even pass his freshman Comp course.

By the way, I've never claimed to have a M.A. I said that I was in my Master's program. You've supposedly been through one of those. You should know the difference between a Bachelor's and a Master's.

And it's grammar, not grammer.
You mentioned that your fiance is of Aztec heritage, correct?

That would really get the goat of the MEChA wannabes who may lurk (or post) on this Forum

ADDENDUM: I barely graduated from HS (2.0 GPA) 33 years ago and what perturbs me is that my grammar/sentence structure, etc. is better than many of the allegedly 'educated' pro illegal folks here. The anti illegal ones with less than stellar language skills do not put on airs about being pseudo intellectuals----------many of them are working folks.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Quote:
What in your mind is an enabler and just how do they enable?
I'm sure you know that Humanitarian aid is never a crime.
If you don't believe me, check it out with the border patrol.
An enabler is anyone who assists these people in breaking our laws.
That would be sheltering them, providing them a place to stay.
Anyone who knowingly uses an illegal for laber and pays them under the table is an enabler.
Anyone who knows for a fact that an individual or family are illegals and do not report them. Are enablers.
Anyone who makes excuses in an attempt to validate what illegals do is an enabler. You sassy are an enabler because you do make excuses for them, you defend their practices and call legals greedy lazy and less skilled. Do you remember your post where you questioned not only work ethic but also quality of work provided by legals? You should it is pretty much a pro-illegal canned answer and you have said these things.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:43 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,089,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Sassyone, I've been pretty much 'laying off you', but NOW you've 'hit a nerve' with me. You say the government, for years, "didn't tell these people they couldn't come"....oh, REALLY?....they DIDN'T? How do you figure that? Why are there 'coyotes', and 'la Migra'? Why are there all sorts of ways to keep 'under the radar', if indeed these folks simply "weren't TOLD they couldn't be here"?

I'm sorry, Sassyone, but that just won't "fly". This is SUPPOSED to be a nation of LAWS. You're SUPPOSED to OBEY the law, not wait until somebody "makes" you do it. Is that REALLY what you (or anyone else) wants?...a society in which 'the Government' goes around checking up on everyone, and "making" them obey laws that they already KNOW are in force, but won't obey, unless they're "made to"? What a NIGHTMARE !....that's what we call the "third world"...a place where "the law" isn't something that has any relevance, unless someone 'hits us over the head with a club', and MAKES us obey.

I much prefer the FIRST World culture...a place in which we all understand the laws, see them as being in our overall best interests, and USUALLY obey them on our own initiative, instead of waiting until someone comes around and 'makes' us do it.

You make illegals sound like irresponsible children...you seem to imply that we "can't expect them to obey our law, because we don't MAKE them do it"..yet when we finally DO take steps to "make them", you then cry "foul"....not a very flattering picture you're painting here, I'm afraid.
I was talking about the first amnesty, but you know darn well that the government has known that they have been coming over in masses, you cannot possibly believe they did'nt. I have no use for the criminals no matter where they are from, and everyone should obey the law. I do not consider them as "irresponsible children", but I do think we might have waited a bit too long to get a handle on it don't you?
Does it not irritate you to turn on the nightly news and not hear a thing about IMMIGRATION? Does it make you think they care about doing anything about it? Do you have any idea how to remove all of the immigrants we have in this country now? I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and we are not all going to agree, but at this point in time, we still have free speach.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Yes there was a time that the Americans worked hard for their money,
then in later years they thought they were worth more than they actually were and started demanding more money, and we are talking about the low paying jobs unskilled labor. The employers finally got tired of it and the demands of their employees and started using the Illegals that were willing to work hard for less and outsourcing the jobs to other countries.
So everyone that has their panties in a knot can look at themselves for what has taken place.
The fact that the cost of living has shot through the roof couldn't possibly have anything to do with those uppity Americans thinking that they were worth more money than they were making now could it?

In 1957, the average price for a house in the United States was $2,330. A house and a car cost roughly the same thing! I know “normal†people who pay $2,330 per month to rent an apartment. Just 50 years ago, this figure represented the average price for a house in this country.

Now consider what the average price is today (not taking into account the current depressed prices due to the sub-mortgage crises); which is $212,800. The average price of a house fifty years ago represented 50% of the annual income for the average family. The median price today is four times MORE than the average family makes in a year. This statistic explains why Americans today are saddled with a debt load that destroys marriages and causes the current unheard of foreclosure rates. Families simply cannot afford the home they live in. The cost of housing is 1050% higher than it was in 1970 and that figure keeps climbing.

This insane increase is seen in every aspect of life, from vehicles, to groceries, to utilities, to even health insurance (which the majority of Americans cannot afford). Even low income people need to make enough money to pay their bills sassy (if that is indeed who you are) yet your solution is to import indentured servitude from south of the border.

Thank god you're not the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. Your basic grasp of economics is somewhat less than shaky at best.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You mentioned that your fiance is of Aztec heritage, correct?

That would really get the goat of the MEChA wannabes who may lurk (or post) on this Forum

ADDENDUM: I barely graduated from HS (2.0 GPA) 33 years ago and what perturbs me is that my grammar/sentence structure, etc. is better than many of the allegedly 'educated' pro illegal folks here. The anti illegal ones with less than stellar language skills do not put on airs about being pseudo intellectuals----------many of them are working folks.
He's not of Aztec heritage. His father was, until the time of his death last year, the world's expert on the Aztecs and most of Mesoamerica. An Emeritus professor who taught at UCLA for over 35 years, he was extremely well respected by his peers and revered by his students.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,532,515 times
Quote:
I was talking about the first amnesty, but you know darn well that the government has known that they have been coming over in masses, you cannot possibly believe they did'nt. I have no use for the criminals no matter where they are from, and everyone should obey the law. I do not consider them as "irresponsible children", but I do think we might have waited a bit too long to get a handle on it don't you?
Does it not irritate you to turn on the nightly news and not hear a thing about IMMIGRATION? Does it make you think they care about doing anything about it? Do you have any idea how to remove all of the immigrants we have in this country now? I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and we are not all going to agree, but at this point in time, we still have free speach.
"Free speach" indeed. Of COURSE we have free speech. But somehow I don't think you're going to be very happy when we finally DO make up our minds to "get a handle on it". In fact, "getting a handle" is a large part of what this forum is all about....and it doesn't seem like a very popular idea just now...in FACT, it's entirely possible that from now on, the Government won't be content with just 'having laws' as it has in the past...we MAY be witnessing the beginning of a new era, in which the Government not only HAS laws, but is now willing to "MAKE" people obey them. Hope you LIKE it...Frankly, it sounds a little 'creepy' to me.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,089,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
An enabler is anyone who assists these people in breaking our laws.
That would be sheltering them, providing them a place to stay.
Anyone who knowingly uses an illegal for laber and pays them under the table is an enabler.
Anyone who knows for a fact that an individual or family are illegals and do not report them. Are enablers.
Anyone who makes excuses in an attempt to validate what illegals do is an enabler. You sassy are an enabler because you do make excuses for them, you defend their practices and call legals greedy lazy and less skilled. Do you remember your post where you questioned not only work ethic but also quality of work provided by legals? You should it is pretty much a pro-illegal canned answer and you have said these things.
Sorry but you are wrong, I can post my feelings just like you can. I have never, ever done anything illegal, even as far as a traffic violation. I have never hired them ever, only because it is illegal. Oh, and it is not illegal to see one and not turn them in, I don't know where you got that one.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Then you are aware that many; of not most illegal immigrants are criminals then-------------being caught/deported a second time is a Felony along with ID theft, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration