Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2008, 07:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Couldn't of said it better, my own self. i say to each his oan, and a person has a write to his option. just like everyone else should of had if he had his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
Back off--chuckling--right. I submit you are upset because someone is challenging you. However, read your own comments:

...."YesI teach your special ed children that got your disability and I had to get my masters degree to help them write their name on their I love my mommy card."

For an alleged teacher to put this kind of degrading comment about special needs children and their parents is egregious in nature. I have a blind, autistic daughter, and I shudder to think you might be her teacher. If you do nothing else, please raise your level of thinking and consideration for their sake alone. They are human beings, too, and deserve more of what we normally give, especially from a teacher parents trust. If you commit to do that for those children, I'll stop challenging what I consider to be your illogical positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I made no such comment. I love children and people and I do not understand your personal attacks. You really have no idea who i am or what i stand for. Why do you think I have worked with children my whole life? why do you think they love me so much? Either you are someone else or maybe have some other issues but back off. As bear would say i am keeping all your comments for the moderators to read at once. You've been flaming me all day

Old 09-14-2008, 08:02 PM

391 posts, read 872,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Amen!

And Chey, if this annoys you...why not move to Mexico? It seems you'd prefer it there anyway.

And why should this bother me? Who said I would want to live in Mexico?
What makes you feel you need to share AZ Bears remarks with me? I do humanitarian work there yes. I like the people yes. But I must say since I am a natural born citizen with a large amount of cherrokee blood in my line it may be I belong here more than you

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,083 times
Quote:
I am going to do us both a favor and forget you exist.
That is a very convenient way of avoiding answering the question.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No one said it was illegal. Being an enablerdoes not make one a criminal. An enabler is someone who would excuse illegal behavior. An enabler is someone who is willing to justify what criminals due.
example. Daves son is a drug addict. Enablers know what he is, they know that he uses drugs, they know where he is going at night. They make excuses for him, they cover for him they might even provide him shelter when he gets wasted. But they never hold him accountable. Its not his fault he fell in with a bad crowd, his life is hard, his mother neglected him... They make it easy for him to do what he does.
No it is his fault everyone knows that drugs are addictive and he did them anyway. Were Dave my friend I would coach him to get help, ban him from my home if continues to do drugs. The last thing I would do is facilitate his addiction by allowing it in my presence.
Enablers of illegals are the same. Its a victimless crime. American workers got greedy thats why employers hire illegals, Americans are lazy and illegals work really hard. NO Employers got greedy because illegals are willing to work cheap and legals are not. Which is it sassy illegals are exploited by employers or employers hire illegals because the american work for is too expensive and not good enough workers?
soooooooooo sorry to read your story Dave

Old 09-14-2008, 08:08 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
Quote:
And why should this bother me? Who said I would want to live in Mexico?
What makes you feel you need to share AZ Bears remarks with me? I do humanitarian work there yes. I like the people yes. But I must say since I am a natural born citizen with a large amount of cherrokee blood in my line it may be I belong here more than you
" I usta couldn't spell Cherokee, now I are one."

Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
[color=blue]I understand carolac COLOR]
The interesting thing I have discovered is, when I lived in Oregon, I felt like the anti-illegals here and was rampant about it. When we moved to Arizona that completely changed when I was close to the border. I could see the pain first hand, anyhow that is my feelings and I don't expect anyone else to feel the same way.
Oddly enough, my story is almost a mirror image of yours. You started out 'mean', and became 'nice'...I, on the other hand, started out 'nice' and became 'mean'....go figure !!

For many years, I worked with illegal Mexicans...I helped them, they helped me, we partied together, and they were some very enjoyable people. I have a NUMBER of people in my extended family who once WERE illegals. I've carpooled with illegals, and they've come to my aid many times. Back then, illegals were nice people.

Then times got 'tough'. The NEW illegals started "acting different". This upset me, and it even upset many of the FORMER illegals I knew..the 'new guys' just didn't have the 'class' of their predecessors. It got worse and worse, until finally we suffered the debacle of the idiotic "flag-waving" incidents. That DID it....I finally got FED UP, and the result is the "grumpy guy" you now see on this forum.

Am I just a "racist"?..that's unlikely, as my spouse, for all practical purposes, shares the ethnicity of MOST illegals..as do our kids, grandkids, and many assorted friends and in-laws. So 'race' is hardly the issue. "Meanness" isn't either, because MOST of these folks I know are very very decent. What MOST of us object to is the "BS" factor...the endless, repetitive demands and sense of 'entitlement'. And while I STILL know a few illegals (getting older now...with "legal" kids), and they're STILL fine people as individuals, AS A "CLASS", and as a chronic, ongoing situation, it CANNOT be allowed to continue. You can "like" an individual, but dislike his faults...and even THAT doesn't mean you must 'approve' of 20 million lawbreakers.

Again, Sassyone, at one time I felt as you do. Forty years later, I no longer do. I can only HOPE things don't continue to deteriorate to the point that SOME day, you find yourself agreeing with ME...and have to change your forum 'handle' from "Sassyone", to "Grumpyone". Now THAT would be a sad day indeed !!...

Old 09-14-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Good solid post. I delivered pizza at night, worked as an aid in a nursing home . I did whatever I could to digmyself out of debt and out of that hole.. I worked at one point 3 jobs some days getting only a couple of hours sleep. I am not alone many many Americans have done this.
The forever welfare group is beneath my contempt. Good phrase. Mine was career reliefers.

sassy woked 2 business' both full time and I work 2 jobs til my son was grown. I taught all day and did another job at night and when I was not doing the night job i was working with mental patients.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Then put your money where your mouth is. Pony up your paycheck and give it over to illegals since you are so sympathetic to their cause. Also, with the derogatory comments you have made about disabled children and their parents, you probably should resign from your job as these children need someone who is on their side and effective.

still waiting to hear what I said about kids..........

Old 09-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Mexico should be helping their own citizens. They are the 16th richest country in the world.

suppose you've been there and know, right? have someone take you to a place other than a resort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration