U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,520 times

Advertisements

Illegal Immigrants Free To Go - News Story - WTOV Steubenville

check out the video....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 03:52 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Thompson said officers stopped a van at 3 a.m. Tuesday which was traveling the wrong direction on Interstate 470 in St. Clairsville.

The officer discovered 20 illegal Mexican immigrants inside the van, including three who were previously deported. The officer immediately contacted immigration officials, who told him to let all 20 immigrants go.

"Once we find out they are illegals, it's like pat them on the back of the head and tell them, 'Go on down the road; you'll probably get stopped again,'" Thompson said.

The immigrants told the officer they were traveling through Ohio to obtain work in Manassas, Va.

Calls to Citizenship and Immigration Services as well as Immigration and Customs Enforcement have not been returned.
WTH is going on?

Oh wait, we all know that despite being here illegally, driving down the wrong side of the road, its okay because they were looking for work.

Oh perhaps the idiots from ICE are waiting for them to kill, rape or decapitate somebody before they decide to arrest and deport them AGAIN.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:58 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,865,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
WTH is going on?

Oh wait, we all know that despite being here illegally, driving down the wrong side of the road, its okay because they were looking for work.

Oh perhaps the idiots from ICE are waiting for them to kill, rape or decapitate somebody before they decide to arrest and deport them AGAIN.
What is going on is exactly what I said was going on quite a while back. ICE is putting on a show for the citizens with their highly publicized busts but they are really doing nothing about the problem. Our government and the people behind the scenes of our government want these illegals to stay right here and continue taking our jobs and driving down our wages. The busts we see on the news are just eye candy to make the legal citizens of this country feel like progress is being made. Why do you think the illegals continue to work and play without a worry in the world. Because they know nothing is really being done and this incident helps prove it beyond a doubt. I am beginning to think the only thing we can do in the end is revolt against this system that continues to do what it wants despite what the PEOPLE want! It doesn't have to be an armed revolt, so don't go running of to the MODS saying I am an insurgent or something. I am just a proud American fed up with our citizens being side lined and run over by illegals in this country. And watching our government do nothing about it.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
What is going on is exactly what I said was going on quite a while back. ICE is putting on a show for the citizens with their highly publicized busts but they are really doing nothing about the problem. Our government and the people behind the scenes of our government want these illegals to stay right here and continue taking our jobs and driving down our wages. The busts we see on the news are just eye candy to make the legal citizens of this country feel like progress is being made. Why do you think the illegals continue to work and play without a worry in the world. Because they know nothing is really being done and this incident helps prove it beyond a doubt. I am beginning to think the only thing we can do in the end is revolt against this system that continues to do what it wants despite what the PEOPLE want! It doesn't have to be an armed revolt, so don't go running of to the MODS saying I am an insurgent or something. I am just a proud American fed up with our citizens being side lined and run over by illegals in this country. And watching our government do nothing about it.
I agree with everything you have stated. I believe that it is all a show so that no matter which amnesty king is elected, they can proclaim a handful of victories courtesy of ICE as resulting in getting rid of the "criminal" illegals in order to proceed with their plan.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:52 PM

638 posts, read 1,638,164 times
Quote:
. . I am beginning to think the only thing we can do in the end is revolt against this system that continues to do what it wants despite what the PEOPLE want!
There's nothing inciteful with the way you said it, but it's the low growl in everyone's throats, they're just not howling yet.

I agree with these words :
". . governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

When there is ample evidence of a government, whether by failure or refusal, to represent the interests of its own people, there are only inevitable outcomes, which explains more than any other thing, the heavy-handedness of law being enacted in this country, in preparation, not for some enemy on a far shore, but in opposition to the citizen.

Americans are not the sheep in this discussion, nor are we the shepherd -- we are wolves, warning the sheep about the shepherd. They're not listening.
Friends of Liberty - FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS: Locations and Executive Orders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directive_51

So you are correct . . if the shepherds break the convenant with us, then as citizens, as wolves, we are within our right to withdraw from this consent to be governed, as it would be an agreement made void by them.

Last edited by r601020; 09-12-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 PM

3,325 posts, read 4,693,721 times
Quote:
---------------

ICE isn't to blame they do what the gvmt tells them to do. If the gvmt wanted to deport every illegal in a yrs time they would have deported over 10 million but they don't want to.

They never did. They give the public a bone they put on a cute show after elections this will stop.

You always have "ICE shows" pre-election or when the angry masses are getting to angry . Than it stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or