U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:20 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Yea that source is really credible. I got this definition from one of the main anti- immigrant groups who coined the term.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): Anchor Babies: The Children of Illegal Aliens

Seems eduardo was right in his definition.
Funny how both a flagrant pro illegal group as well as the anti's across the board have the same definition for an Anchor Baby-----------the child of illegal alien AKA 'undocumented' parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 01:37 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you not understand the definition of illegal alien and non-citizen? How is Eduardo “right?” The source you referenced, does not mention “legal” immigrants, which is the definition provided by Eduardo. Try again.

I really don’t know why this is even being debated. We all know that “anchor babies” are the offspring of illegal aliens, aka non-citizens.
Apparently, you still don't know who and what a non-citizen is. Legal immigrants like green card holders are considered non-citizens.Student visa holders, tourists, H1 b visa holders etc are all non- citizens. Once a legal immigrant becomes naturalized and become U.S citizens, they are no longer legal immigrants.

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...9210309&Ref=AR

Here is a link for you if you really want to learn more about the issue you are so passionate about.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil leftist dogma View Post
Agree, except the wall on the southern border. They'll just save up enough money to fly to Canada and come south through there.

Also, age/work experience don't matter. In fact, they can be a hindrance if you are a doctor. The system in the US is different than in the UK, Canada, and most of the world... just as an example, the US uses the imperial system as opposed to the metric system. There is less of a problem if one hasn't had metric ingrained into their brains... I know it took some getting used to when I came here and had to re-learn measurements. It's easier to re-tool if you don't have experience in certain aspects (just on a practical level- the science is the same but the measurements are not). And pharmaceuticals? Fegh, their names are different no matter where you go. The sooner you get used to certain protocols, the more efficient you are in the lab or anywhere else for that matter.
Wouldn't that require a passport? Something I don't think many peasants are too worried about.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:19 PM

22,670 posts, read 28,551,950 times
babies shouldnt be citizens because they are born on american soil. the notion is completely ludicrous.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:12 AM

60,051 posts, read 30,586,259 times
My sister was born in Germany, when my dad was stationed there in the Air Force. She does not have German citizenship. She is an American, born in Germany.

This anchor baby deal, should be exactly the same way.
Just a Mexican or Latin American, born on American soil, nothing else.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My sister was born in Germany, when my dad was stationed there in the Air Force. She does not have German citizenship. She is an American, born in Germany.

This anchor baby deal, should be exactly the same way.
Just a Mexican or Latin American, born on American soil, nothing else.
Very, very true.

In fact; I believe that till recently under German law, the father had to be a German citizen for a child to receive birthright citizenship even if born on German land----------the mother's heritage did not count. Screwy and flat out wrong that even if the mom was indeed German herself.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:23 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Apparently, you still don't know who and what a non-citizen is. Legal immigrants like green card holders are considered non-citizens.Student visa holders, tourists, H1 b visa holders etc are all non- citizens. Once a legal immigrant becomes naturalized and become U.S citizens, they are no longer legal immigrants.

Glossary of immigration-related terms | www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal

Here is a link for you if you really want to learn more about the issue you are so passionate about.
What part of non-citizen is so difficult for you to comprehend? Regardless of what “visa” a foreigner may hold, they are still a NON-CITIZEN. Get it? Only the offspring of CITIZENS are deserving of U.S. citizenship. In other words, “anchor babies” are the offspring of NON-CITIZENS, regardless of their legal/illegal non-citizen status.

Yes, as a CITIZEN of this country, I am very passionate regarding the issue of illegal immigration; and yes, I highly resent this parasitic invasion. Likewise, the impetus for your passion is your non-citizen status, and your desperation for amnesty and/or the passage of your beloved DREAM Act.

I have no need for your link. Perhaps you should study it to finally understand the definition of a U.S. citizen. Hint: It isn’t a green card holder; it isn’t a person working here on an H-1B Visa; it isn’t a foreign student admitted via a student visa; it isn’t a woman “visiting” here in full-blown labor on a tourist visa; and it isn’t YOU.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:

Glossary of immigration-related terms | www.rgj.com | Reno Gazette-Journal

Aren’t you and your cohorts always arguing that we are a nation of “immigrants?”

Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,683 times
Well then, how about "Foot in thr Door" babies, or "Nose Under the Tent Babies"? Sound better? You know, some folks might find the word 'gringo' dehumanizing used in the common connotation, but as long as some persisit in using it, they need to get used to taking what they so freely give.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:59 PM

1,050 posts, read 2,865,811 times
I don't like that phrase myself. Actually had a poison pen letter written to me by a former "friend" using that statement. My little granddaughter, whose mother is from Brazil is the most precious and astounding thing in my life. If her birth circumstances were not standard operating procedure those who would criticize can and will. Mom is soon to be a citizen and has worked hard and taken absoultely nothing from the government. Saved up to pay hospital bills, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration