U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
I don't like that phrase myself. Actually had a poison pen letter written to me by a former "friend" using that statement. My little granddaughter, whose mother is from Brazil is the most precious and astounding thing in my life. If her birth circumstances were not standard operating procedure those who would criticize can and will. Mom is soon to be a citizen and has worked hard and taken absoultely nothing from the government. Saved up to pay hospital bills, etc.
Children are never responsible for when, how, where, and under what circumstances they are conceived and born. Illegal aliens and other foreigners who give birth for the sole purpose of personal gain, IMO, are scum. It’s always unfortunate for children to be labeled due to the behavior of parents; which is one reason I don’t refer to any child born out-of-wedlock as being illegitimate.

My issue is not with the children, but with their parents. Rather than referring to the children as “anchor babies,” we need to coin a phrase for their scamming parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What part of non-citizen is so difficult for you to comprehend? Regardless of what “visa” a foreigner may hold, they are still a NON-CITIZEN. Get it? Only the offspring of CITIZENS are deserving of U.S. citizenship. In other words, “anchor babies” are the offspring of NON-CITIZENS, regardless of their legal/illegal non-citizen status.

Yes, as a CITIZEN of this country, I am very passionate regarding the issue of illegal immigration; and yes, I highly resent this parasitic invasion. Likewise, the impetus for your passion is your non-citizen status, and your desperation for amnesty and/or the passage of your beloved DREAM Act.

I have no need for your link. Perhaps you should study it to finally understand the definition of a U.S. citizen. Hint: It isn’t a green card holder; it isn’t a person working here on an H-1B Visa; it isn’t a foreign student admitted via a student visa; it isn’t a woman “visiting” here in full-blown labor on a tourist visa; and it isn’t YOU.
I think you are confusing yourself here... this is what Eduardo initially said.


Quote:
Born to illegals???

An "Anchor baby" is any child born to NON-U.S. citizens in this country.

The children born to legal and illegal immigrants are "anchor babies", regardless of the immigration status of the parents.
Benicar

Then you responded with this

Quote:
Anchor babies are the U.S.-born children of illegal aliens; not the U.S.-born children of legal immigrants
My point is, there are a lot of legal immigrants who are non-citizens. If a green card holder, H1-b visa holder, tourists etc are all non-citizens to you then, who in YOUR eyes is a legal immigrant? Because you certainly equate ALL legal immigrants as being U.S citizens. Make up your mind already, first you say anchor babies are the offspring of only illegal immigrants then you suddenly claim now that they are offsprings of non-citizens( which most legal immigrants in this country are).

As for your jdub's like rant at the end of your post.... keep on living in your little fantasy world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Reputation: 620
Here is the correct definition of a legal immigrant for you Benicar.

Quote:
A legal immigrant is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of living and working permanently in the United States
USCIS - How Do I Bring My Parents to Live in the United States?

To make it easier for you, i'll give you the definition of a foreign national.

Quote:
Any person other than a US citizen, US permanent or temporary legal resident alien, or person in US custody.
foreign national - definition of foreign national by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Now stop fighting this battle because you have already lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I think you are confusing yourself here... this is what Eduardo initially said.


Benicar

Then you responded with this



My point is, there are a lot of legal immigrants who are non-citizens. If a green card holder, H1-b visa holder, tourists etc are all non-citizens to you then, who in YOUR eyes is a legal immigrant? Because you certainly equate ALL legal immigrants as being U.S citizens. Make up your mind already, first you say anchor babies are the offspring of only illegal immigrants then you suddenly claim now that they are offsprings of non-citizens( which most legal immigrants in this country are).

As for your jdub's like rant at the end of your post.... keep on living in your little fantasy world.
Spin it any way you wish: illegal aliens are criminals and they need their butts tossed out of the USA along with seizing their assets first.

Moreover; it is past time to eliminate birthright citizenship for Anchor Babies (assuming that both parents are here illegally).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Here is the correct definition of a legal immigrant for you Benicar.



USCIS - How Do I Bring My Parents to Live in the United States?

To make it easier for you, i'll give you the definition of a foreign national.



foreign national - definition of foreign national by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Now stop fighting this battle because you have already lost.
You don't recognize our immigration laws and we don't recognize the 14th as stated for cheaters sneaking into the Country. I think that sums it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkarlalinea View Post
I was not born in the United States. I came here across the border 15 years ago because I could not get a visa at the American embassy no matter how I tryed. My 3 children were born here in this country and they are US citizens. It does not matter if you dont recognize it my friend because the goverment in Washington DC does. And just so you know Inever got food stamps or welfare for my kids. I worked 3 jobs at the same time since I been here to support my family so I would not have to get welfare. Why do Americans think Mexicans want to go on welfare, because most of them are not.
HA! You obviously have NEVER walked by a welfare office then..

I have a friend that is a Welfare case worker, and tells me that MANY of the people that come in to receive food stamps and cash aid are spanish-speaking.. All one needs to do is walk past a welfare office in California, and it the majority of the folks lined up to receive their benefits are NON-ENGLISH (spanish) speaking.. Many Illegals receive welfare for their anchor babies..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkarlalinea View Post
I was not born in the United States. I came here across the border 15 years ago because I could not get a visa at the American embassy no matter how I tryed. My 3 children were born here in this country and they are US citizens. It does not matter if you dont recognize it my friend because the goverment in Washington DC does. And just so you know Inever got food stamps or welfare for my kids. I worked 3 jobs at the same time since I been here to support my family so I would not have to get welfare. Why do Americans think Mexicans want to go on welfare, because most of them are not.
Feel free to send me your name and address so that I may foward it to ICE.
So you feel because you were denied a VISA that you still had a right to enter our country?
So you would likewise have no problem with complete strangers entering your home uninvited? Its the same mentality, same selfish,selfcentered mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I think you are confusing yourself here... this is what Eduardo initially said.


Benicar

Then you responded with this



My point is, there are a lot of legal immigrants who are non-citizens. If a green card holder, H1-b visa holder, tourists etc are all non-citizens to you then, who in YOUR eyes is a legal immigrant? Because you certainly equate ALL legal immigrants as being U.S citizens. Make up your mind already, first you say anchor babies are the offspring of only illegal immigrants then you suddenly claim now that they are offsprings of non-citizens( which most legal immigrants in this country are).

As for your jdub's like rant at the end of your post.... keep on living in your little fantasy world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Here is the correct definition of a legal immigrant for you Benicar.



USCIS - How Do I Bring My Parents to Live in the United States?

To make it easier for you, i'll give you the definition of a foreign national.



foreign national - definition of foreign national by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Now stop fighting this battle because you have already lost.
Obviously, I misread his post. Unlike you, I have no problem acknowledging an error. However, legal definition aside, when I refer to a “legal immigrant” I am referring to a foreigner who has become a U.S. citizen; not a foreigner who is here temporarily in hopes of becoming a citizen, or one working here on a visa. I certainly do not consider a border jumper, or a foreigner flying here for the sole purpose of giving birth to be an immigrant. I do believe we have had this discussion before, so you knew exactly what I meant. Furthermore, if you can refer to illegal aliens as “immigrants” and “undocumented,” I can certainly refer to naturalized citizens as “legal immigrants.”

For your information, I am well aware of the definition of a foreign national, given that I was married to a naturalized citizen who was once a foreign national. It’s funny you are now so fixated on legal definitions, while you incessantly try to justify the flagrant violations of our laws by illegal aliens.

I never stated anchor babies are ONLY the offspring of illegal aliens. I stated that anchor babies are the offspring of illegal aliens and other non-citizen foreigners. However, the vast majority of anchor babies are in fact the offspring of illegal aliens.

As for my “JDubs-like rant,” I am only stating what we both know to be true. You exposed yourself as being a DREAMie ages ago, so I really don’t know why you are trying to portray yourself as a citizen of this country. Be man/woman enough to admit it. Take your own advice, and stop living in a U.S. citizen fantasy world, because it will only make it that much more difficult when the DREAM Act and CIR are defeated again.

Please get over your obsession with JDubsMom. She is no longer here, and you only make yourself appear neurotic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkarlalinea View Post
I was not born in the United States. I came here across the border 15 years ago because I could not get a visa at the American embassy no matter how I tryed. My 3 children were born here in this country and they are US citizens. It does not matter if you dont recognize it my friend because the goverment in Washington DC does. And just so you know Inever got food stamps or welfare for my kids. I worked 3 jobs at the same time since I been here to support my family so I would not have to get welfare. Why do Americans think Mexicans want to go on welfare, because most of them are not.
You deserve to be in a jail cell prior to your deportation. By your own admissions, you are a criminal who would be guilty of multiple Felonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You deserve to be in a jail cell prior to your deportation. By your own admissions, you are a criminal who would be guilty of multiple Felonies.
I smell the stench of a troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top