Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Who's to say what the U.S. owes anybody? Was there a vote taken in our so-called "democracy" as to what our immigration policies should be? The federal government owes Americans life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness -- since when does that extend to the whole friggin' world?
It was the federal government, namely Senor Boosh who thought it was a bright idea to invade Iraq in hot pursuit of oil. IMHO, we owe the people of Iraq who had nothing to do with the state we have left their country in. Mexico and S. America on the other hand can go to hell. We don't owe jack. I'd even go so far as to say they owe us billions and the American lives lost at the hands of their illegal alien nationals? PRICELESS.

If anything we should be at war with Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Who's to say what the U.S. owes anybody? Was there a vote taken in our so-called "democracy" as to what our immigration policies should be? The federal government owes Americans life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness -- since when does that extend to the whole friggin' world?
Dude, has anyone ever helped you out at their own expense? If so, then you should understand the concept of 'owing' someone. These iraqis helped US troops survive by acting as interpreters and informers. We are supposed to what? Abandon them and their families to certain death? Hell no -- I don't know what america you live in, but my america doesn't let friend aka people to whom we owe a great personal debt suffer.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Dude, has anyone ever helped you out at their own expense? If so, then you should understand the concept of 'owing' someone. These iraqis helped US troops survive by acting as interpreters and informers. We are supposed to what? Abandon them and their families to certain death? Hell no -- I don't know what america you live in, but my america doesn't let friend aka people to whom we owe a great personal debt suffer.

I couldn't agree more.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:39 PM

164 posts, read 260,147 times
I hope we take even more Iraqis after what we did tro their country but we should use the same thinking and give amnesty to so called illegals here.

We owe them also for the labor they have given us and the risks they have taken coming here.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
I hope we take even more Iraqis after what we did tro their country but we should use the same thinking and give amnesty to so called illegals here.

We owe them also for the labor they have given us and the risks they have taken coming here.
We don't owe the illegals ANYTHING, Bianca. The labor they've performed they've been paid for. (Taking wages from American workers) The risks they've taken include the risk of being caught RED-HANDED breaking our laws, and the risk of deportation for their trouble.

You mentioned yesterday that the illegals have kept prices low. Do you have ANY proof of that assertion, or are you just 'blowing smoke'?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:

They were paid, most likely under the table. They also reaped social benefits -- schooling for their children, free (or nearly so) medical care etc..

But bottom line bianca, the us owes them nothing but a ticket to their country of origin. I'm afraid the 'white guilt' train has left the station and is not coming back.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:50 PM

164 posts, read 260,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
We don't owe the illegals ANYTHING, Bianca. The labor they've performed they've been paid for. (Taking wages from American workers) The risks they've taken include the risk of being caught RED-HANDED breaking our laws, and the risk of deportation for their trouble.

You mentioned yesterday that the illegals have kept prices low. Do you have ANY proof of that assertion, or are you just 'blowing smoke'?
They have kept prices very low in food industry look at Europe how high food prices are and places like Hawaii who lack "illegal" immigrants.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:58 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,593,697 times
Quote:
They have kept prices very low in food industry look at Europe how high food prices are and places like Hawaii who lack "illegal" immigrants.
The labor portion of the cost of fresh fruits and vegetables is about 10%. That means that for a $1 head of lettuce, labor costs were 10 cents. Growers could TRIPLE what they pay for labor, luring American workers BACK into that workforce, and the cost at the store would go up 20 cents.

Yet for that 20 cents in savings American taxpayers are expected to pay BILLIONS of dollars for social welfare programs, education costs for MILLIONS of illegal alien children and anchor babies (At about $8,000 a head), and BILLIONS more for the added costs to the justice system and the increased infrastructure that is required for all these illegals to live here.

Cheap labor is ONLY cheap for the criminal employers, every day Americans are getting HOSED.

But I think you already KNOW that...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Support these contentions with something called 'facts'. Link to evidence that shows food prices in Europe are high because of a lack of illegal immigrants. Also provide evidence that high food prices in Hawaii are due to the same. At least part of the reason food is expensive in Hawaii is because it must be transported from the mainland US and shipping adds to the cost.

If you do not provide anything to back up these statements, then all you are doing is making outrageous claims which are nothing more than your opinion.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
I agree. Just this morning I asked my wife. "Dear, why do you suppose food prices are so high in Europe ?"....her answer was given with a 'scoff'..."Well, THAT'S pretty obvious, don't you think? EUROPE HAS NO ILLEGALS ! THAT'S why !!!.....Sheeeessh !!!". Boy was I embarrassed. It's just economics 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration