U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Please. Amnesty is a way of regularizing status. There are others. I would expect any real program to be a combination of various amnesties and other programs.

Note that there is no real definintion of "amnesty" (other than as something the antis don't like).

You people are fighting the semantics as you have no real answer to the point made. We have to deal with the 11 million. There is no option.
There's a lot more than 11 million and we ALL know it. You lose a lot of credibility by spouting that antique figure. Dealing with those here illegally is simply a matter of enforcing our current laws, using tools like E-Verify to eliminate the job magnet that draws them. Over a million illegals have left the country ON THEIR OWN over the last year, and millions more will follow their lead if we refuse to cave into their demands.

Notice it hasn't cost us a DIME for those one million+ departures. They left the same way they came, ON THEIR OWN.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Not surprising. Many of the antis are delusional and unable to deal with the plain facts. That is why I describle their approach as a fairy tale. It is ungrounded in any reality.
I've been reading about this thing called "reality", and here's what I've found so far :

All illegal aliens are criminals.

All harboring, or aiding and abetting illegal aliens, are criminals.

All illegal aliens regarding the overthrow of this country are subversives, and armed, they are unlawful combatants.

All illegal aliens attempting to vote are criminals.

REPORT VOTER FRAUD AND ELECTION FRAUD TO THE FBI :
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Your Local FBI Office

Old 09-16-2008, 10:51 AM

15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
There's a lot more than 11 million and we ALL know it. You lose a lot of credibility by spouting that antique figure. Dealing with those here illegally is simply a matter of enforcing our current laws, using tools like E-Verify to eliminate the job magnet that draws them. Over a million illegals have left the country ON THEIR OWN over the last year, and millions more will follow their lead if we refuse to cave into their demands.

Notice it hasn't cost us a DIME for those one million+ departures. They left the same way they came, ON THEIR OWN.
The 11 million if from CIS which is an anti site. Go argue with them.

And if we go into a full depression we may get rid of another million or even two. That leaves a mere 8 million. Which will expand back to 10 or 11 as soon as the economy turns up.

You continue to machine butter.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
I've been reading about this thing called "reality", and here's what I've found so far :

All illegal aliens are criminals.

All harboring, or aiding and abetting illegal aliens, are criminals.

All illegal aliens regarding the overthrow of this country are subversives, and armed, they are unlawful combatants.

All illegal aliens attempting to vote are criminals.

REPORT VOTER FRAUD AND ELECTION FRAUD TO THE FBI :
Federal Bureau of Investigation - Your Local FBI Office
That is all very much your opinion. All you need to do is go convinvce the federal government and the courts that you are correct. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:00 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Prove what? You can't see what has happened since the late 80s? You think that Sheriff Joe is going to turn it around?

Only numbers out there at the moment are those of CIS and the methodology used is controversial. But let's presume there is a net outflow at the moment. What do you thinkk will happen as soon as the US economy turns? Probably not until 2010 or 2011...but turn it will. Here they come again.

I believe it is possible that the immigration people might actually be able to handle a few hundred thousand a year. That is about it. Past that the system is simply overwhelmed. So you get down to numbers that can be handled or it stays out of reach forever.

It does end eventually. Mexico runs out of the target demographic by 2020 or so.
The difference is this time we will be ready and waiting..........

Old 09-16-2008, 11:52 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
The one thing that would be funny if there was another shamnesty is the looks on the people's faces that were paying people to work under the table. People that were using Illegals to work in certain industries, say housing/construction, would freak out. They will have to start shelling out wages to match what these new citizens will demand. The supply of under the table construction labor will end immediately. Of course the up side to this is a lot less shoddy construction.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The difference is this time we will be ready and waiting..........
You really believe that?

I got this bridge in Alaska I would love to sell you...

Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
That is all very much your opinion. All you need to do is go convinvce the federal government and the courts that you are correct. Good luck.
Accusing fact of being an opinion is a quagmire of nonsense.

This type of spew adds more concern illegal aliens and their supporters (like you) are mentally disconnected from reality, if not psychologically disturbed.

As for convincing the Federal Government . . this too is a bass-akwards assessment on your part, as the law, and enforcement, sees this criminal activity exactly for what it is.

I think you just made my ignore list.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
The 11 million if from CIS which is an anti site. Go argue with them.

And if we go into a full depression we may get rid of another million or even two. That leaves a mere 8 million. Which will expand back to 10 or 11 as soon as the economy turns up.

You continue to machine butter.
A full depression woul be comparable to the 1930's Great Depression.

That era was harsh against even Mexican Americans-------I do not have a link handy but apparently many of them were deported unjustly because they could not prove their US citizenship. If that cohort was tossed out........I can just imagine how severe things were then for Mexican nationals. And history may just repeat itself if we have another depression.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Please. Amnesty is a way of regularizing status. There are others. I would expect any real program to be a combination of various amnesties and other programs.

Note that there is no real definintion of "amnesty" (other than as something the antis don't like).

You people are fighting the semantics as you have no real answer to the point made. We have to deal with the 11 million. There is no option.
I have a question. A very easy question, as a matter of fact. We already know that amnesty/regularization/a path to citizenship will provide many benefits to illegals. Benefits such as complete access to the full smorgasbord of benefits available to US citizens, the ability to bring over additional family members from the home country, the right to vote and influence US policy, and so on. I am sure others can add to this list. Since illegal aliens will benefit greatly from amnesty by whatever name you want to call it, what specific benefits will American citizens gain from this? You see, any time two parties enter into a deal, there has to be something in it for both of them. If it is a loser for one of the parties, why should they agree to it? Once again, what specific benefits will American citizens get from granting amnesty to millions of illegals?

Stay on subject. I do not care if in your opinion we have to grant them amnesty because there is NO WAY OUT. Nor do I care that you think it is the right thing to do. You are the one advocating amnesty. Kindly tell me how this will benefit the average American citizen. And you do realize that once they are 'legal' they are no longer going to be willing to work for substandard wages. So how is this regularization of millions of illegal aliens going to benefit me, my friends, my neighbors and my relatives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration