U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-17-2008, 07:11 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu people are absolutely delusional.

In overall health care the USA ranks 37th and Mexico 61st out of some 160+ countries. On life expectancy the US is 24th and Mexico 55th. In general Mexico does better than Russia for example.

People in border regions of the US often use Mexico for health care. Article about it in the NY Times some years ago.

The primary problem with Mexican Health Care is affordability particularly in the rural provinces. Those people don't have any money to get to the US either legally or illegally.
If Mexican nationals are so busy using Mexican healthcare, then why are U.S. emergency rooms closing right and left due to out of control usage without payment by illegal aliens? (63 within a three year period in California)

I'll tell you why. Because your average Mexican citizen is in a similar situation to the average American citizen. They cannot afford healthcare in their own nation. However, unlike Americans who are simply sh*t out of luck, your average Mexican citizen may simply waltz across our southern border and take advantage of America's healthcare system without having their status questioned, and best of all, leaving the bill to be paid by that same American citizen who can't afford his own healthcare.

The rest of the average citizens simply do as we average Americans do--without.

 
Old 09-17-2008, 07:38 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If Mexican nationals are so busy using Mexican healthcare, then why are U.S. emergency rooms closing right and left due to out of control usage without payment by illegal aliens? (63 within a three year period in California)

I'll tell you why. Because your average Mexican citizen is in a similar situation to the average American citizen. They cannot afford healthcare in their own nation. However, unlike Americans who are simply sh*t out of luck, your average Mexican citizen may simply waltz across our southern border and take advantage of America's healthcare system without having their status questioned, and best of all, leaving the bill to be paid by that same American citizen who can't afford his own healthcare.

The rest of the average citizens simply do as we average Americans do--without.
Could it be that those who use US emergency rooms live in the US?
 
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Could it be that those who use US emergency rooms live in the US?
Gee, I don't know....

Could it be that some Mexican nationals come to the U.S. just to get free healthcare...say perhaps, pregnant women looking to give birth to a little anchor baby?

You don't need to look any further than Dallas' Parkland Hospital for that answer.
 
Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Gee, I don't know....

Could it be that some Mexican nationals come to the U.S. just to get free healthcare...say perhaps, pregnant women looking to give birth to a little anchor baby?

You don't need to look any further than Dallas' Parkland Hospital for that answer.
You are suggesting that there are large numbers of patients at Parkland with Mexican addresses?

Don't think so. Dallas has a very substantial hispanic population both legal and illegal. Those hitting the emergency room pretty much all live in TX.
 
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are suggesting that there are large numbers of patients at Parkland with Mexican addresses?

Don't think so. Dallas has a very substantial hispanic population both legal and illegal. Those hitting the emergency room pretty much all live in TX.
OK..that's it. I give up, and you win. There's no way I can possibly penetrate that thinking. "They" come here illegally, and "they" proceed to set up housekeeping. The fact that "they" now LIVE here (illegally), means that when "they" use the local emergency room, they're now considered "locals" (by virtue of their local address)..Therefore, by virtue of their BEING here, "they" are now "us", and "WE" are ALL overloading our emergency rooms, because "WE" (some of us, who live here illegally) can't pay the costs.
So it's NOT like anyone's COMING HERE to take advantage...it's just some of US who are taking advantage...because ALL OF US now live here...(those of US who are legal, and those of US who aren't.). Got it.

You win...I give up. I'm going to go lie down now.
 
Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OK..that's it. I give up, and you win. There's no way I can possibly penetrate that thinking. "They" come here illegally, and "they" proceed to set up housekeeping. The fact that "they" now LIVE here (illegally), means that when "they" use the local emergency room, they're now considered "locals" (by virtue of their local address)..Therefore, by virtue of their BEING here, "they" are now "us", and "WE" are ALL overloading our emergency rooms, because "WE" (some of us, who live here illegally) can't pay the costs.
So it's NOT like anyone's COMING HERE to take advantage...it's just some of US who are taking advantage...because ALL OF US now live here...(those of US who are legal, and those of US who aren't.). Got it.

You win...I give up. I'm going to go lie down now.
ROFL! This makes some of our previous pro-illegals look like Rhodes scholars.

Do you remember that song by the Beatles that went:

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
I am the eggman (whoooo!) they are the eggmen (whooo!)
I am the walrus
Goo goo ga joob goo goo ga jooooooob!
 
Old 09-17-2008, 09:56 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Reputation: 2873
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are suggesting that there are large numbers of patients at Parkland with Mexican addresses?

Don't think so. Dallas has a very substantial hispanic population both legal and illegal. Those hitting the emergency room pretty much all live in TX.
Out of curiousity, do you like open borders for every nation, or just the US? In other words, if I lived illegally somewhere within the EU, should I then consider myself a member of the EU as well as a brit/french/swiss etc... regardless of how the host country views me?
 
Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You are suggesting that there are large numbers of patients at Parkland with Mexican addresses?

Don't think so. Dallas has a very substantial hispanic population both legal and illegal. Those hitting the emergency room pretty much all live in TX.
Do you understand that simply having an address in the US does not make someone an American? An illegal alien with a TX address is still an illegal alien.
 
Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Out of curiousity, do you like open borders for every nation, or just the US? In other words, if I lived illegally somewhere within the EU, should I then consider myself a member of the EU as well as a brit/french/swiss etc... regardless of how the host country views me?
Why do they never advocate for open borders between Mexico and Central America? After all, they all speak the same language and have more in common with each other than Mexico does with the US and Canada.
 
Old 09-17-2008, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why do they never advocate for open borders between Mexico and Central America? After all, they all speak the same language and have more in common with each other than Mexico does with the US and Canada.
I think that you and most of us know the answer to that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top