U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:11 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,174,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Silliness. He is going to stop the demagoguery by passing immigration reform. McCain is going to do the same thing.

Any rational government is going to do the same thing.

There simply is no other way to gain control of illegal immigration.
So in other words, the only way to control it is to condone it???

THAT makes a lot of sense...

Old 09-13-2008, 02:50 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
I don't know olecapt. He voted against the immigration reform act of 2007 sponsored by Ted Kennedy and John McCain. I fear what he would do if he became President. I'd like to think he'd even remotely work toward immigration reform, but I believe, based on his comments, he would give complete amnesty to illegals, open the borders and let them all in, make everything free for them, and make it a hate crime to speak against illegal immigration. I believe he is going to give them a complete pass for their vote. Nancy Pelosi wants complete amnesty to increase the seats in California. I just don't think he'll exercise any control of illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Silliness. He is going to stop the demagoguery by passing immigration reform. McCain is going to do the same thing.

Any rational government is going to do the same thing.

There simply is no other way to gain control of illegal immigration.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I don't know olecapt. He voted against the immigration reform act of 2007 sponsored by Ted Kennedy and John McCain. I fear what he would do if he became President. I'd like to think he'd even remotely work toward immigration reform, but I believe, based on his comments, he would give complete amnesty to illegals, open the borders and let them all in, make everything free for them, and make it a hate crime to speak against illegal immigration. I believe he is going to give them a complete pass for their vote. Nancy Pelosi wants complete amnesty to increase the seats in California. I just don't think he'll exercise any control of illegal immigration.
I respectfully disagree that Obama will try even half of what you fear..........

If nothing else: he has another voter bloc that that he would at high risk to imperil: American Blacks. That group is fast becoming quite anti illegal immigrant for obvious reasons.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,172,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post

The McCain- Kennedy bill was amnesty. McCain and Obama are both for amnesty-regardless of what pretty name they give it.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:04 PM

164 posts, read 227,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My sentiments exactly! No doubt, Janet Murguia and her minions at La Raza, are pressuring Obama to “stop the hate”. Any speech La Raza, et al. consider anti-illegal is automatically labeled “hate” speech. We must fight this infringement on our constitutional rights.

The sheeple are so busy arguing over ‘he said, she said’ nonsense, they are oblivious to the ‘real’ issues. People had better get their heads out of the sand, and realize what’s happening to this country, before we lose all of our rights as Americans.

Most if not all of us support Obama and will vote for him in drones. I think it is the least he can do .

All that is asked is to stop the hate speech . That is not to much to ask for.
We can than have a civil debate and comprehensive plan that benefit's everyone.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:05 PM

164 posts, read 227,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
The McCain- Kennedy bill was amnesty. McCain and Obama are both for amnesty-regardless of what pretty name they give it.

lol I know isn't it great . 08 will be our year.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
lol I know isn't it great
It will be great when more and more illegals are chased out of my country

Old 09-13-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
lol I know isn't it great . 08 will be our year.
No it is not great and no it won't be.

Old 09-13-2008, 03:09 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Bianca G made her appearance right after Californio "left"?

Old 09-13-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Bianca G made her appearance right after Californio "left"?
Perhaps.

It seems that when one mole (DREAMie) is whacked-----------out pops another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration