U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 07:10 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,491,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Do you pay for your healthcare or do you leave the Mexican taxpayer holding the bag? If you require healthcare while in Mexico, does the fact that you are not on U.S. soil automatically make you a resident of Mexico?

Enquiring minds want to know.
I pay for mine. I am able to do so. If I was not I would still go to the hospital. I presume that the illegals pay to the best of their abilities just like the legals do...both however get a free ride if they cannot pay. I badly cut a foot in St Martin. Fixed it free.

If I intend to reside in Mexico I am a resident. Depending on my status I may be legal or illegal. Been my observation that many, if not most, US citizens residing in Mexico are likely illegal. They fail to meet various stay restrictions and reporting requirements. Nobody pays much attention unless there is an issue.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I second that motion.

Banging my head against a brick wall is giving me a headache.

Olecapt wins. He knows all. We know squat. He reigns supreme. We are lowly know-nothings. He is right. We all are wrong.

Mexican nationals (AKA illegal aliens) coming here for healthcare, living in this country no longer have Mexican addresses.

Consequently, that means that NO Mexican nationals are coming to the U.S. for healthcare. They all have U.S. addresses now, thus they are residents of the U.S., thus they are U.S. residents sucking the life out of the U.S. healthcare system by virtue of their non-U.S. residency.

Is that clear to the rest of you now?
Well you overstate and unneccessrily complicate the issue.

But yes in general you are, individually and collectively, incorrect.

No amount of silly redirection will change that.

Hopefully those not already fiercely partisan will read this record and understand that.

It is actually quite clear.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:34 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I pay for mine. I am able to do so. If I was not I would still go to the hospital. I presume that the illegals pay to the best of their abilities just like the legals do...both however get a free ride if they cannot pay. I badly cut a foot in St Martin. Fixed it free.

If I intend to reside in Mexico I am a resident. Depending on my status I may be legal or illegal. Been my observation that many, if not most, US citizens residing in Mexico are likely illegal. They fail to meet various stay restrictions and reporting requirements. Nobody pays much attention unless there is an issue.
The illegals paying 'to the best of their ability' in reality means they pay nothing. Indigent American citizens are covered by Medicaid, disabled Americans and the elderly are covered by Medicare. Americans have typically paid into these systems that they now use for healthcare coverage. They are not getting a 'free ride'. The only ones getting a 'free ride' are the illegals.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,173,806 times
Quote:

Hopefully those not already fiercely partisan will read this record and understand that.

You know olecapt, you really are an absolute BRICK! Trying to use common sense and logic when addressing you is utterly pointless and beyond irritating!

Illegal aliens (People who reside here without permission) use American hospital ER's as their FREE FAMILY CLINIC, while American's are required to provide REAL addresses and Social Security numbers when they are forced to avail themselves of those services.

Do you know WHY the hospitals take that info from citizens?? So that if WE don't pay the bill, WE can be SUED!!!

Try using your head for something other than a hat rack, would you?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense
Taxpayers Foot Bill For Roughly 300,000 Children Born Into Citizenship When Their Parents Are Illegal

It was 5 a.m. and CBS News ... is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.
She gave birth to a healthy, 8 1/2 pound baby boy - born in America. His Mexican mother gave him an American name: Eliot.

Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

That's because those babies can eventually sponsor their parents - when they turn 21 years old.

As for Eliot's mother, no longer as fearful of deportation, she told CBS News her name, Fabiola, and her story.

"So your son is an American citizen. What does that mean to you?" Pitts asked.

"I am very glad that he was born. That's why I came here - so my children, my husband and I could have a better life," she said through a translator.

Back in December, when she was six months pregnant, Fabiola, her husband and their two daughters - ages 4 and 11 - crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S.

Once on the other side of the river they walked for two hours in search of a better life and free medical care for their unborn child.

"Do many women in Mexico make the choice to have their children in the United States?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," she said through a translator. "I know people who have done that. Things are much better here in the U.S. because they help children so much more."

It's a "better" life ... that American taxpayers help pay for.

Take healthcare for example -- an estimated $1.1 billion per year for undocumented men, women and children, according to the Rand Corporation.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

Riley has seen and heard it all.

"Mothers about to give birth that walk up to the hospital still wet from swimming across the river in actual labor … dirty, wet, cold," he said.

But here to have a child?

"Here to have a child in the U.S.," he said.

McAllen is part of a large hospital system. Like all hospitals, it is mandated by law to treat all emergency-room patients, not verify citizenship.

"We have uncompensated care of over $200 million a year," Riley said.

"Of money that you'll never see again?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," he said.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, said: "It is not fair to the taxpayers who have to foot the bill."

Congress has all but given up on comprehensive immigration reform. But lawmakers like Smith want to solve birth citizenship to illegal immigrants, in part by challenging the 14th Amendment, which guarantees U.S. citizenship to any child born in America.

"It seems fundamentally wrong that we ought to give the greatest honor of their citizenship," Smith said. "His or her mother came across the border illegally."

Many Americans who struggle to take care of their own families think it is unfair that they should take care of a family and they are not U.S. citizens.
Ok. Are you ready? Here is the most simpleminded comment I have ever read on this subject. (drumroll)

Quote:
"I don't understand the resentment," said. "I know that God will help them, too."

That's what Fabiola's doing for young Eliot. Relying on her faith, her family … and the U.S. government.
CBSNews.com: Print This Story (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/07/eveningnews/printable4000401.shtml - broken link)

And we are supposed to give citizenship to this? Lord help us!

Old 09-17-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
You know olecapt, you really are an absolute BRICK! Trying to use common sense and logic when addressing you is utterly pointless and beyond irritating!

Illegal aliens (People who reside here without permission) use American hospital ER's as their FREE FAMILY CLINIC, while American's are required to provide REAL addresses and Social Security numbers when they are forced to avail themselves of those services.

Do you know WHY the hospitals take that info from citizens?? So that if WE don't pay the bill, WE can be SUED!!!

Try using your head for something other than a hat rack, would you?
I simple continue to make very simple and accurate arguments. They drive you guys nuts. Then you come after me personally as you can't handle the discussion any other way.

Hospitals can't get a social security number from an illegal because we decline to give the illegal a SS number. I am sure if we gave one to the illegal he or she would gladly provide it to the hospital.

Parkland Hospital by the way does not lose money on illegal births. It is in fact profitable to the hospital.

You can sue illegal or legals who don't pay. There may be laws that prevent it...ie Dallas requires that any person making less than a threshold get free care. But otherwise feel free. Hospitals generally don't because suing poor people is a well known loser.

It is not true that only illegals get a free ride. Anybody who is poor does. You don't have to qualify for Medicaid, which can be difficult, to get a free ride medically. And the kid who wraps his motorcycle around a pole and gets a half million in medical care is not going to get sued either.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM

Here is another stunt that the illegal aliens like to pull. Yet another way to flock over the American taxpayer big time.

This particular grift begins when an illegal alien in kidney failure sneaks into the US. He or she has no doubt been receiving dialysis in Mexico, but..........the US has waaaaay more dialysis machines and they only want a better life, etc., etc. Plus the gringo stole their land. Anyhow, once in the US, all they have to do is show up at the nearest ER needing their dialysis treatment and they will be dialyzed. And it won't cost them a dime! (they wouldn't pay even if it did) From then on they are either sent to a dialysis unit or will simply show up in the ER ever few days for their treatment. What a deal ,huh? As usual, it is a great deal for the illegal grifter. But it is a real bad deal for the US taxpayer because dialysis runs around $65,000 a year. And if our illegal Mexican citizen decides to settle down here, it is going to cost a boatload of cash to keep him going.

Here is a comment from another board that sums it up very well:

Quote:
I'm not smart enough to follow all that crazy math that's been done up there. I'll simply present what FOUR illegal immigrants do to tax payers. My father was a dialysis technician that had to take care of illegal immigrants that come to the Emergency Room. As we all know going to the E.R. increases costs of services. So, here we go:
1. Simple use of dialysis machine for 1 illegal immigrant coming into the E.R. = $1,600
2. A minimum amount for needed drugs during dialysis treatment = $2,400.
3. Standard cost for 1 illegal immigrant's single dialysis treatment = $4,000.
Now, I mentioned 4 immigrants. So, here we go again:
1. Simple use of dialysis machine for 4 illegal immigrants coming to the E.R. (1 time each) = $6,400 (1,600 x 4)
2. Minimum amount for needed drugs during treatment = $9,600 (2,400 x 4)
3. Standard cost for 4 illegal immigrant's SINGLE dialysis treatment = $16,000
Now, each immigrant gets the dialysis treatment 3 times a week = $48,000 per week.
Multiply this amount for 52 weeks and you get a nice little lump sum of $2,496,000 per year that FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers. Obviously this amount is lower than 70 billion but look at how many people it takes to incur almost 2.5 million dollars costs. Another point I should make: The minimum amount for drugs needed is if the dialysis patient is in "good" health. Most patients need a plethora of additional drugs that only skyrockets the cost that these FOUR illegal immigrants cost American taxpayers.
Anyone who does not see a problem with these antics is running on an IQ of about -6.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:

Indeed it is.

Clear as any other ambiguously obtuse post you've made in the past, which would be just about all of them.

Last edited by Kele; 09-17-2008 at 09:44 PM..

Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The illegals paying 'to the best of their ability' in reality means they pay nothing. Indigent American citizens are covered by Medicaid, disabled Americans and the elderly are covered by Medicare. Americans have typically paid into these systems that they now use for healthcare coverage. They are not getting a 'free ride'. The only ones getting a 'free ride' are the illegals.
Precisely!

Once again, you are right on the mark.

I'm sorry though, that the clear-headed logic of your post will be obfuscated by our own resident superhero, Abstruse Man!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
I simple continue to make very simple and accurate arguments. .
The statement(s) above are, in an of themselves, inaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration