U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-18-2008, 11:29 PM
 
Location: California
3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times
Reputation: 332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Damn cap, I'm sure glad you don't live around me. I'd be in JAIL!

Consider your bull crap on ignore from here on out.

Look up obtuse, see olecapt's picture!
oh my god.


Seriously though, why do you try so hard to be intimidating? Someone voices his opinions, challenges what you are saying, and you remark that if you could, you would harm this person enough to get you thrown in jail?

I will say though, that it is a good thing Cap doesnt live around you.
With your wannabe tough guy attitude, I don't think jail would be a good thing.

Guy Pinestra in heels is a disturbing thought!


By the way, obtuse..dictionary..thats good. You should look up "e-thug".

YTMND - E-Thug

 
Old 09-18-2008, 11:51 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 2,734,256 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by progressive25 View Post
While Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has been very secretive about his stance on illegal immigration during the campaign, he gave us a peek into what he really thinks about it at a black-tie dinner capping the end of a Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute gathering in Washington.

Link.

Too bad that's not a law to stop the hate, but as you know we have President Bush and he has caused so much hate with other countries, he spews fear and hate. He is not even willing to talk and discuss anything with other countries and I guess this sub forum is just a little tad pole when it comes to Bush thinking he is too good to talk to the other countries that we have issues with. It does not solve anything.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu guys are unable to stop proving my point. You and I go off and find estimates of dialysis of between 30 and 65K. But it cost 624K when it is done for an illegal.

Yes there are illegals in Denver who don't want to go home over the medical care...but nobody in their right mind would go from Mexico to Denver to achieve medical care.

You guys indict yourselves with your outrageous arguments. OK you don't like illegal Mexicans. That is your privilege. The mere fact of being illegal is sufficient for your purposes. Why make up silly fairy tales and requirements to denigrate them? They don't deserve it.
I have no problem demonizing criminals------------it is a safe bet when factoring in ID fraud, etc. that most illegal immigrants would qualify.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 07:34 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
WOW

Exactly how many Illegal Aliens do you employ? Do you house them? Do you have all amenities for them like toilets or do you expect Joe Blow tax payer to pick up the tab while you get rich? Typical of so many.

I can tell from your bio Mr. house flipper that I have you pegged.

----------
Originally Posted by olecapt
YOu guys are unable to stop proving my point. You and I go off and find estimates of dialysis of between 30 and 65K. But it cost 624K when it is done for an illegal.

Yes there are illegals in Denver who don't want to go home over the medical care...but nobody in their right mind would go from Mexico to Denver to achieve medical care.

You guys indict yourselves with your outrageous arguments. OK you don't like illegal Mexicans. That is your privilege. The mere fact of being illegal is sufficient for your purposes. Why make up silly fairy tales and requirements to denigrate them? They don't deserve it.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
YOu guys are unable to stop proving my point. You and I go off and find estimates of dialysis of between 30 and 65K. But it cost 624K when it is done for an illegal.
O.....M........G. The $624,000 figure was for dialysis performed 3 times a week in the ER, which I just got done telling you is by far the most expensive way. The figure given represents the costs at that specific hospital for 4 illegal aliens to receive dialysis three times a week in an ER setting. Or four taxi drivers. Or four clowns. Americans needing dialysis are covered by Medicare/Medicaid and possibly private insurance. IF an American DID NOT have coverage under Medicare, DID NOT have coverage under Medicaid and DID NOT have private insurance, this is what the charge would be. This is why people in renal failure undergo their treatments in a special dialysis unit in the hospital, in a free standing dialysis clinic or, if possible, receive treatment at home. It is far less expensive. Anything done in an ER is going to cost more.

Quote:
Yes there are illegals in Denver who don't want to go home over the medical care...but nobody in their right mind would go from Mexico to Denver to achieve medical care.
'They don't want to go home over the medical care'. That's too bad. Because they need to go home and take this issue up with their government instead of expecting American taxpayers to foot the bill for their care. There is no reason the Mexican government could not provide adequate healthcare for their citizens if they chose to do so. The reason they don't is because they are too goddamn lazy and it is easier to dump it on us.

Quote:
You guys indict yourselves with your outrageous arguments. OK you don't like illegal Mexicans. That is your privilege. The mere fact of being illegal is sufficient for your purposes. Why make up silly fairy tales and requirements to denigrate them? They don't deserve it.
The only thing they deserve is a bus ticket back home.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Andreabeth - your logic is wasted on this person, something you probably already know. I've decided that arguing with certain individuals on this forum is about as effective as repeatedly running my cranial vault into a brick wall.

It would be amusing to stop responding and watch them sit in a corner typing to themselves.....
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:52 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
O.....M........G. The $624,000 figure was for dialysis performed 3 times a week in the ER, which I just got done telling you is by far the most expensive way. The figure given represents the costs at that specific hospital for 4 illegal aliens to receive dialysis three times a week in an ER setting. Or four taxi drivers. Or four clowns. Americans needing dialysis are covered by Medicare/Medicaid and possibly private insurance. IF an American DID NOT have coverage under Medicare, DID NOT have coverage under Medicaid and DID NOT have private insurance, this is what the charge would be. This is why people in renal failure undergo their treatments in a special dialysis unit in the hospital, in a free standing dialysis clinic or, if possible, receive treatment at home. It is far less expensive. Anything done in an ER is going to cost more.



'They don't want to go home over the medical care'. That's too bad. Because they need to go home and take this issue up with their government instead of expecting American taxpayers to foot the bill for their care. There is no reason the Mexican government could not provide adequate healthcare for their citizens if they chose to do so. The reason they don't is because they are too goddamn lazy and it is easier to dump it on us.



The only thing they deserve is a bus ticket back home.
Nonsense. ERs simply wheel the patient to the dialysis lab. The number is entirely a fabrication to overstate the cost for illegals. YOu should be embarassed to continue presenting such nonsense.

The issue of sending them home is, as we have previously discussed, a different issue. If you think you can send them home go for. I am reasonably convinced you are wrong but go ahead and prove me wrong.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
 
Location: NW Las Vegas - Lone Mountain
15,756 posts, read 32,484,948 times
Reputation: 2661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Andreabeth - your logic is wasted on this person, something you probably already know. I've decided that arguing with certain individuals on this forum is about as effective as repeatedly running my cranial vault into a brick wall.

It would be amusing to stop responding and watch them sit in a corner typing to themselves.....

Go for it. Vastly reduce the hate postings.
 
Old 09-19-2008, 10:49 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
See what I mean?

It's rather like being trapped in a room with a horsefly.....

 
Old 09-19-2008, 11:34 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Nonsense. ERs simply wheel the patient to the dialysis lab. The number is entirely a fabrication to overstate the cost for illegals. YOu should be embarassed to continue presenting such nonsense.

The issue of sending them home is, as we have previously discussed, a different issue. If you think you can send them home go for. I am reasonably convinced you are wrong but go ahead and prove me wrong.
The number is the cost of dialysis in an ER setting for one year at that specific hospital. It will differ for other hospitals but I can guarantee you no matter what the figure is, it is going to be alot of money.
Do you understand that illegals use the EMTALA as their ticket to get into the US healthcare system? If an illegal needing dialysis shows up at a freestanding dialysis center, they DO NOT have to treat him. If an illegal with no insurance and no money shows up, they can tell him that they cannot care for him. They are not required by law to do so. On the other hand, an ER is. If the uninsured illegal shows up in an ER he HAS to be treated.

A hospital dialysis unit is typically not open 24/7. Appointments are scheduled during the day and evening. In a hospital, dialysis also takes place in areas other than the dialysis unit. If an ICU patient is too sick to be moved to the unit, a dialysis RN or tech brings a portable dialysis machine and treats the patient in the ICU. Patients are dialyzed in the ER. If it's Sunday afternoon and the dialysis unit is closed, the dialysis will be done in the ER.

The bottom line is that illegal aliens receiving dialysis courtesy of the US taxpayer is very expensive.
If the 4 illegal aliens receive dialysis and the cost is only $65,000 per year, that costs us $260,000.
If the 30 illegal aliens at Grady receive dialysis at $65,000 a year, that costs us $1,950,000.

There is no excuse for this. There is no reason the government of Mexico could not provide adequate dialysis facilities for these people. Instead of spending their money setting up Consulates in every state in the US, they could be purchasing dialysis machines to help their own people.

I am not wasting anymore time on you. It is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top