U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
See what I mean?

It's rather like being trapped in a room with a horsefly.....
You are right.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:45 PM

13,073 posts, read 21,218,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
See what I mean?

It's rather like being trapped in a room with a horsefly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You are right.
Here ladies, my pleasure:

http://www.gogo-gadgets.co.uk/ekmps/...ly-swatter.jpg

Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Gee thanks! That should come in useful!

Old 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Irrelevant what certain posters here say----------the cold reality is that the hammer is falling on the illegals and their enablers harder and faster.

1 866 DHS 2 ICE

Need I say more?

Old 09-19-2008, 04:44 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Quote:
The number is the cost of dialysis in an ER setting for one year at that specific hospital. It will differ for other hospitals but I can guarantee you no matter what the figure is, it is going to be alot of money.
Do you understand that illegals use the EMTALA as their ticket to get into the US healthcare system? If an illegal needing dialysis shows up at a freestanding dialysis center, they DO NOT have to treat him. If an illegal with no insurance and no money shows up, they can tell him that they cannot care for him. They are not required by law to do so. On the other hand, an ER is. If the uninsured illegal shows up in an ER he HAS to be treated.

A hospital dialysis unit is typically not open 24/7. Appointments are scheduled during the day and evening. In a hospital, dialysis also takes place in areas other than the dialysis unit. If an ICU patient is too sick to be moved to the unit, a dialysis RN or tech brings a portable dialysis machine and treats the patient in the ICU. Patients are dialyzed in the ER. If it's Sunday afternoon and the dialysis unit is closed, the dialysis will be done in the ER.

The bottom line is that illegal aliens receiving dialysis courtesy of the US taxpayer is very expensive.
If the 4 illegal aliens receive dialysis and the cost is only $65,000 per year, that costs us $260,000.
If the 30 illegal aliens at Grady receive dialysis at $65,000 a year, that costs us $1,950,000.

There is no excuse for this. There is no reason the government of Mexico could not provide adequate dialysis facilities for these people. Instead of spending their money setting up Consulates in every state in the US, they could be purchasing dialysis machines to help their own people.

I am not wasting anymore time on you. It is obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.
Give it up. A hospital might actually do a single ER dialysis at outrageous costs...they don't do 150 per year on one patient. They work something out.
If ten homeless drunks visit the hospital for dialysis they cost us 650,000 per annum. They contribute far less to the society than does a hard working illegal. So why would you prefer them over the illegal. Must be something mystical in the legal/illegal thing.

You folk are still trying to change the standard reach of the American Hospital from those who live in the area to those who live in the area and meet other critieria. Does not make any sense. And if you are going to deny hospital service why not those who contribute least to the society...the old, the homeless, the drunks, the mentally ill...

If you think about it you realize rationing health care on such a basis is not a really good idea. We do it in places...but it is treacherous territory. Not a good place to fight the immigrant wars.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
If you think about it you realize rationing health care on such a basis is not a really good idea. We do it in places...but it is treacherous territory. Not a good place to fight the immigrant wars.
I'll agree that ANY thought of "rationing health care", at first glance, does seem 'creepy', unamerican, and 'treacherous'.....but face it, as long as ANYTHING runs short at all, (health care or anything else), we are, in effect, 'rationing' it....and if some people 'get it', while others don't, then that, in essence, is 'rationing'.

Illegals, whether one admits it or not, are not the same as legal immigrants..if they were, this forum would not exist. And there really shouldn't BE any "immigrant war" to fight...but as long as we continue to treat it as a 'debate', or a 'war', then I can't think of any POSSIBLE solution to illegal immigration that's going to meet with both the approval of the local population, AND the approval of the illegals....one will "win", and the other will "lose". That's what happens when you permit yourself to get sucked into a "war".

Old 09-19-2008, 05:21 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Give it up. A hospital might actually do a single ER dialysis at outrageous costs...they don't do 150 per year on one patient. They work something out.
If ten homeless drunks visit the hospital for dialysis they cost us 650,000 per annum. They contribute far less to the society than does a hard working illegal. So why would you prefer them over the illegal. Must be something mystical in the legal/illegal thing.

You folk are still trying to change the standard reach of the American Hospital from those who live in the area to those who live in the area and meet other critieria. Does not make any sense. And if you are going to deny hospital service why not those who contribute least to the society...the old, the homeless, the drunks, the mentally ill...

The 'homeless drunks', as you refer to them, are American citizens. Because they are American citizens, we as a society are obligated to provide them with medical care (covered by Medicaid if they are destitute) and attempt to help them overcome their addiction to alcohol. The elderly have worked all their lives and paid into the system. They are entitled to medical care and frankly, I don't ever see a time where our senior citizens will be denied care. Americans with mental illnesses also need to be treated in the hopes their problem can be corrected and they can return to being a productive member of society. Any of the above have contributed far more to society than some pregnant illegal who crosses the border when it is time to squat. As a matter of fact, even if an alcoholic or patient with mental illness has made no contribution at all, they are still ahead of such illegals because their overall impact is neutral as opposed to a net negative.

Illegals who show up at our hospitals should be seen, have their condition stabilized and returned to their home country for further treatment.

If these hardworking illegals contribute sooooo much to our country, if they were really important, then there would be ways for them to come here legally. There are not. If they truly make such tremendous contributions where ever they lived, other countries would be trying to lure them there. They are not. They don't want them anymore than we do. And if they are such a financial benefit, why is CA going bankrupt? They have the largest number of illegals of any state. No contest.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:23 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
The 'homeless drunks', as you refer to them, are American citizens. Because they are American citizens, we as a society are obligated to provide them with medical care (covered by Medicaid if they are destitute) and attempt to help them overcome their addiction to alcohol. The elderly have worked all their lives and paid into the system. They are entitled to medical care and frankly, I don't ever see a time where our senior citizens will be denied care. Americans with mental illnesses also need to be treated in the hopes their problem can be corrected and they can return to being a productive member of society. Any of the above have contributed far more to society than some pregnant illegal who crosses the border when it is time to squat. As a matter of fact, even if an alcoholic or patient with mental illness has made no contribution at all, they are still ahead of such illegals because their overall impact is neutral as opposed to a net negative.

Illegals who show up at our hospitals should be seen, have their condition stabilized and returned to their home country for further treatment.

If these hardworking illegals contribute sooooo much to our country, if they were really important, then there would be ways for them to come here legally. There are not. If they truly make such tremendous contributions where ever they lived, other countries would be trying to lure them there. They are not. They don't want them anymore than we do. And if they are such a financial benefit, why is CA going bankrupt? They have the largest number of illegals of any state. No contest.
Consider the source. As the economy tanks; the efforts to deport the illegal immigrants and punish their enablers will simply increase.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
Quote:
And if they are such a financial benefit, why is CA going bankrupt? They have the largest number of illegals of any state. No contest.
Good question. I imagine George Bush might have an opinion on this...he'd probably say something like this."You MIGHT think California is goin' bankrupt. But that's not the fault of the good, hard-workin' men and women who go there without documentation. These folks work HARD, and without THEM, California would be even BANKRUPTER than it is now"..

Old 09-19-2008, 07:30 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times
i like obama he makes sense. as to mexican people none of my mexican/american friends approve of illegal immigration. here is my own hate speech, i hate illegal
anything. without the law we are nothing but crocodiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration