U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:04 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
What about the companies that say they are trying to check for legal status but, the documents are hard for them to tell if these are real or fake? So, for some companies they know they are hiring illegals and for others if the papers look right then, how do they know if they are not?
I have a friend in the landscaping buisness and she runs across this all the time. With a little experience with the paper work she is learning but, like she says there's really know way to actullay know if the papers are real or fake.
Basically all they have to do is call the SS Admin, and they can do a check, they will know pretty much all about person with that number, DOB ,death ,name and so on. If they dont have one, well that is a big red flag.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Basically all they have to do is call the SS Admin, and they can do a check, they will know pretty much all about person with that number, DOB ,death ,name and so on. If they dont have one, well that is a big red flag.
You might want to check out these sights they are making it harder for employers to identify. Looks like they actually help the illegals. Makes you wonder why we even call them illegals when OUR government is helping them out.

http://www.Library.findlaw.com/1999/Dec/1/128927.html (broken link)
http://www.nelp.org/docUploads/pub147.pdf (broken link)

Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 AM

109 posts, read 188,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Lets analize these excuses.

Racist: strange people from all races are aginst illegals, including latinos.

Doing the job Americans won't do, baloney, we all know better that that, just raise the wages and that one will fix its self.

Poverty Stricken: so what, I have proved a lot of countries have much worse poverty and are starving.

Now, give me the new excuse of the week, I am ready to hear it.

Oh Amnesty, if the illegals get it, every lawbreaker in our country should also, we can not discriminate, look at the dollars we can save on incarsaration.

I thought I would get a lot of response from this one, I know there must be more excuses, no takers?

Last edited by Yac; 02-08-2007 at 11:45 AM..

Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
[quote=perfecttan01;345336]
Quote:
Lets analize these excuses.

Racist: strange people from all races are aginst illegals, including latinos.

Doing the job Americans won't do, baloney, we all know better that that, just raise the wages and that one will fix its self.

Poverty Stricken: so what, I have proved a lot of countries have much worse poverty and are starving.

Now, give me the new excuse of the week, I am ready to hear it.

Oh Amnesty, if the illegals get it, every lawbreaker in our country should also, we can not discriminate, look at the dollars we can save on incarsaration.[/QUOTE

I thought I would get a lot of response from this one, I know there must be more excuses, no takers?

give it time they will come!

Old 02-07-2007, 11:22 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
[quote=Nea1;345352]
Quote:

give it time they will come!
Yes, give it time. There will be a few who will chime in with the same response. Like they work hard, I'd hire them. They're so poor, blah blah.

Of course there are people in other countries who are worse off -

I guess we should just feed everyone, never mind we got starving people in this country - children, elderly......

You cannot argue or change anyone in their thinking - as i cannot be changed. I just wish "some" will wake up and see it's only going to get worse. I suppose they might get it, when their job is no longer or they're no longer needed because after all, Illegals work cheap and are so poor.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:27 PM

18,696 posts, read 35,415,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
As an employer that hired by the dozens, down in Texas what you are saying is pretty much correct. However, they won't give you information. i.e. they won't give you a name if you give a number. But, having said that, you learn. If you give them the number, the DOB, and the Name, and ask if they match, they will tell you yes or no.

Here's a couple little things you can do on a SS card. In Texas they sell them at the flea market if you know which booth and who and what to say. But they're fake, you just have to know what to look for.

Take your social security card out. run your thumb nail across the pillars. They should be raised. the ones they were using down there were not.

See the line under where you signed? Better not. That's not a line. It's a series of little words. Look at it with a magnifying glass. The fakes, it was actually a line and not words.

If you have a black light, look at the back. the fakes, when shown under a black light had the printing on the back. "For novelty use only, not legal for use."

Old 02-07-2007, 01:59 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,006,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
SS #'s can be checked by a company, they can also be checked to see if they are for a deceased person. A company really doesn't have an excuse by saying "we didn't know they were illegal". I can take a SS # and tell exactly the name that goes with it, or if that person is deceased or not.
Can you please direct me to that url will check social security records?

Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Can you please direct me to that url will check social security records?

LOL, you can't get into social security records from a url. and I don't have a url that I use. If you are a business owner (and must provide proof) with a business license and tax ID number you can buy the software to run background checks on potential employees. I got mine from Florida, the fee $119.00 a year. If you own a business in Florida check with SunBiz.Org to get the info on this software.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:15 AM

202 posts, read 754,643 times
SS# can be fake, ID's can be fake. Documents can be fake.
Anchor babies are a problem. They should not recieve automatic citizenship just for being born here. San Fernando Valley in S.Calif. has turned into Mexico. If I sound harsh, sorry but I am sick of seeing shopping carts on every street corner,illegals crowding our Emergancy rooms,trash everywhere,people pushing carts and honking horns,noise and filth and........I could go on and on. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired and nobodys doing a damn thing to curb illegals here in the valley. It's completely out of control.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:45 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aween View Post
SS# can be fake, ID's can be fake. Documents can be fake.
This is true. And unfortunately some of the forgeries are quite good. It has been noted that with the proper forged papers, an illegal alien could end up piloting a 757.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration