U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,892,104 times
Reputation: 1703

Advertisements

I'm still reading posts on the illegal immigration, and someone said come up with an idea to help.

Well here we go!

What do you think could help the situation with all the illegal immigration?

Please do not start going off topic.

And if you're all for illegal immigration and think this is bogus, then simply put, don't read it.

I think that the businesses that go about the practices of hiring illegals because they want to pay people less, and give less benefits should see much more severe penalties for their actions.

So anyone else have ideas?

 
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,714,249 times
Reputation: 2091
Yes severly punish the business and individuals ( lets face it a ew on here have stated the either hire or will hire) that hire illegals. next you gotta use "tough Love" for lack of a better phrase. Cut them off. No more services unless you can pay upfront. Make a system for really double checking a SS#, since so many use other peoples. No more renting to illegals, check all numbers they give you. It will take alot of work on our part to slw this down. Ifthey want to stay and become legal, take basic english classes, pay normal taxes, actually become legal!!
 
Old 02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,892,104 times
Reputation: 1703
I completely agree on the double checking the SS#, not only your reason, but for the reason of Identity Theft these days.

Sorry I went off topic.
 
Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,856,479 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ifthey want to stay and become legal, take basic english classes, pay normal taxes, actually become legal!!
WOW, a rational proposal!
 
Old 02-06-2007, 01:59 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,892,104 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
WOW, a rational proposal!
Even the most hateful of things can eventually come to a compromise.
 
Old 02-06-2007, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,714,249 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
WOW, a rational proposal!
I have always said this. What dont like the severly penalize the people and business that hire them?
 
Old 02-06-2007, 02:11 PM
 
109 posts, read 188,436 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
I'm still reading posts on the illegal immigration, and someone said come up with an idea to help.

Well here we go!

What do you think could help the situation with all the illegal immigration?

Please do not start going off topic.

And if you're all for illegal immigration and think this is bogus, then simply put, don't read it.

I think that the businesses that go about the practices of hiring illegals because they want to pay people less, and give less benefits should see much more severe penalties for their actions.

So anyone else have ideas?
100% totally agree, Severely penalize illegal employers, cut off all the freebies,and enforce the law.
If this was done, they would not have to be deported, they would go home on their own and hopefully try to solve the problems in their own countries.
 
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,892,104 times
Reputation: 1703
What about the wall that some say would work? Do you agree? Why or why not?
 
Old 02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
 
109 posts, read 188,436 times
Reputation: 99
I would believe the wall would work if the plans you mentioned were implimented.
The only ones trying to sneak in would be the drug smugglers and terrorists, and it would make it much easier for them to get caught, if that was all the border patrol had to worry with.
 
Old 02-06-2007, 08:54 PM
 
2,218 posts, read 4,892,104 times
Reputation: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
I would believe the wall would work if the plans you mentioned were implimented.
The only ones trying to sneak in would be the drug smugglers and terrorists, and it would make it much easier for them to get caught, if that was all the border patrol had to worry with.

What type of penalties do you think the government could apply to make sure that state and local governments abide by the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top