Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:10 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times

Advertisements

McCain: D-
Obama: F
Biden: F
Palin: A-

What am I talking about? 2008 Prez Candidates Immigration grades, of course!

Primary sources of info:

Americans for Better Immigration
OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues

Here is what we know about each candidate:

McCain: D-
  • Received an "abysmal" rating on amnesty from NumbersUSA
  • Currently pushing for "closed, secure borders only" before pushing amnesty shortly after.
  • Does not support illegal alien driver's licenses or free healthcare for illegals (as of 2007).
  • Sucks on this issue, but at least he has not vowed, as Obama has, to stop ICE raids on illegal aliens, illegal employers, and aliens that steal the identities of US workers from criminal purposes.
Obama: F

• Received an "abysmal" rating on amnesty for illegals from NumbersUSA
  • Supports driver's licenses for illegals
  • Supports free government health care for illegals under Obama's "47 million Americans don't have health care". Fact is under the book "Fleeced", it states that roughly 45% of the 47 million un-insured are ILLEGAL ALIENS!
  • Sucks on this issue AND proposes an
    end to all ICE raids on illegal workers, illegal employers, and criminal illegals who steal your identity.
Biden: F

Biden, the 3rd most Liberal member of the US Senate (beat by Obama, the #1 most liberal), is a rubber stamp of Obama on every issue, except Obama gets an "F" on Amnesties, while Biden got an "F-". See: Immigration Voting Report Card for Sen. Joseph Biden

Palin: A-

This is a total shocker to most people! Even BEFORE being announced VP, Sarah Palin spoke to reporters in Alaska, and she made the following statement, which was published in an OPEd piece in a prominent Alaska Newspaper.

"Palin is sick to death of this immigration nonsense"
. (Mar 2008)

Source: Sarah Palin on the Issues

Yes, Palin did not move in her first 2 years against AK's 2 cities that are sanctuary Cities, and thus gets a "-" on her grade. Otherwise, Palin has made known to reporters in Alaska that the illegal alien situation "makes her sick to death". Additionally, Palin: worked to address jointly with Canada the border security challenges. (Jan 2007); and Tightened restrictions on illegal alien's drivers licenses. (Sep 2006). This is far BETTER than Obama saying "driver licenses for all illegals NOW" see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNvdOYl63q0 and Obama saying he wants AMERICANS TO SPEAK SPANISH!!! See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9SeQ7vbYQU

Folks, Palin is a admitted SOCIAL CONSERVATIVE. And so, as a Social Conservative, Palin is the only one running in the Presidential ticket who is actually opposed to open borders and massive illegal immigration, unlike her own "boss", John McCain, who along with rivals, Barack Obama and Joe Biden, want amnesty fro 20 - 30 million illegals, which in turn will chain migrate 180 - 220 million more immigrants after being amnestied.

Is that enough to get YOU to vote for McCain-Palin?? Well, granted there is a good chance that McCain won't be able to get any real immigration reform through a hostile Dem-controlled Congress, since McCain admits he wants closed borders first before amnesty and the Congress wants amnesty and no secure borders, Palin is a contenders for 2012. Not only that, if Palin is not VP, anti-open borders people will have NO VOICE at all in the White House!! That could be very bad!!!

If we can hold off any amnesties in the next 4 years, then Palin could run for Prez and crack down on illegals like there is no tomorrow. She can also be OUR voice against illegal immigration in the White House. She can work on McCain to stop talking amnesty and enforce the laws first. This can be in our benefit!

This is not a perfect scenario, BUT, it's better than 2 open border, pro-amnesty trial lawyers in teh White House, that is for sure!!

Palin for VP 2008 and Palin for Prez 2012!!

http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/0a/44/7f5e_1.JPG (broken link)

Last edited by Fun2Day; 09-13-2008 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 02:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Even if she had an A+ that would still not be good enough to make me vote for McCain- the co-author of McCain Kennedy. Also McCain is full of it when he says he wants borders secured first-he has already changed his tune about that-especially when he speaks to groups such as LaRaza. Neither Obama nor McCain will secure our border. I will be voting third party again this go around.

If McCain does get in and somehow she can influence him on this then that of course would be good. I personally think in November our safest bet is to vote in pro-American senators and congressmen and women to help fight the amnesty attempts by Obama or McCain and then hopefully a pro-American presidential candidate will be the dem or repub nominee in 2012.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Even if she had an A+ that would still not be good enough to make me vote for McCain- the co-author of McCain Kennedy. Also McCain is full of it when he says he wants borders secured first-he has already changed his tune about that-especially when he speaks to groups such as LaRaza. Neither Obama nor McCain will secure our border. I will be voting third party again this go around.

If McCain does get in and somehow she can influence him on this then that of course would be good. I personally think in November our safest bet is to vote in pro-American senators and congressmen and women to help fight the amnesty attempts by Obama or McCain and then hopefully a pro-American presidential candidate will be the dem or repub nominee in 2012.
So let me see if I understand the logic being used here:

Pro-illegal (P) + Anti-illegal (VP) ticket is WORSE than Pro-illegal (P) + Pro-illegal (VP) ticket??? Palin is anti-open borders and anti-illegal immigration. She said the whole illegal think "makes me sick to death" before being picked VP.

Isn't that something we should look for???? An anti-illegal immigration advocate as VP, in the White House?!?!?

Vote 3rd party then, but voting for the double pro-illegal ticket is insane. Also, 3rd party candidate has very little to no chance of getting elected, just so you know.

On a side note: McCain never said to stop ICE raids as Obama did, or to give free healthcare to 20+ million illegals, as Obama has. Obama wants to end all enforcement tool, open borders, remove caps for chain migration, and end "profiling" of illegal aliens!!

You need to watch this Hillary-Obama debate. This is very telling. Obama is WAY more radical in being pro-illegal than even Hillary or McCain!!!

YouTube - CNN Debates Obama, Clinton on ICE Raids, Immigration Part1

Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 PM

It seems like you are trying to push me away from Obama. There is no need as I never said I was voting for him. I said I was voting for a third party. I will not vote for a candidate who supports lawbreakers and amnesty-that rules out both Obama and McCain.

I know how radical both McCain and Obama are with regards to the illegal alien invasion. They both want to continue the giveaway that Bush has perpetrated of the sovereignty of this nation. I cannot vote for anyone who is for that. I just cannot do it.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Why are you trying to push me away from Obama? I never said I was voting for him. I said I was voting for a third party. I will not vote for a candidate who supports lawbreakers and amnesty-that rules out both Obama and McCain.

I know how radical both McCain and Obama are with regards to the illegal alien invasion. They both want to continue the giveaway that Bush has perpetrated of the sovereignty of this nation. I cannot vote for anyone who is for that.
I am making a point, that the Obama ticket is much worse. I was also pointing out that voting 3rd party is more symbolic than anything. You know there is no way a 3rd party candidate can win in 2008.

No way for 3rd party when you have special interest groups funding McCain and Obama like crazy. George Soros alone, a Hungarian pro-open border financier who is bankrolling Obama, just this guy, can out spend and out fund all 3rd party candidates combined. The only chance we'd have on a 3rd party guy is if Ross Perot ran. He has loads of $$. He got 15% of the vote in 1996, Perot (as an example) would be a viable 3rd party candidate.

It's painful for ME as well to see 3 out of 4 members of the Presidential tickets as open border SOBs (cause that is what pro-illegal, pro-open border groups are).

But I am looking at 2012 and I am looking for a SUPPORTER of my anti-open borders/anti-amnesty views in the White House. That is why I support Palin-McCain 2008.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
I am making a point, that the Obama ticket is much worse. I was also pointing out that voting 3rd party is more symbolic than anything.

You know there is no way a 3rd party candidate can win in 2008. No way when you have special interest groups funding McCain and Obama like crazy. George Soros alone, a pro-open border financier who is bankrolling Obama, just this guy, can out spend and out fund all 3rd party candidatea combined. The only chance we'd have on a 3rd party guy is if Ross Perot ran. He has loads of $$.

It's painful for ME as well to see 3 out of 4 members of the Presidential tickets as open border SOBs (cause that is what pro-illegal, pro-open border groups are).

But I am looking at 2012 and I am looking for a SUPPORTER of my anti-open borders/anti-amnesty views in the White House. That is why I support Palin-McCain 2008.

Well George Soros now has a lot more ways to funnel his $$ thanks to another bill McCain Feingold-another reason why someone like me cannot vote for McCain.

I wish Perot would have won. He would have stopped NAFTA and this illegal alien invasion. He would have protected American sovereignty.

My vote is not symbolic- I am voting for the candidate who I feel would put America first- I wish more people would.

Our two-party system is out of control. I am not saying a third party will win in 2008. However if enough people started to vote for the better person instead of the "lesser of two evils" we might actually see some progress in the next 3 or so election cycles. If enough people did that-at the very least it might make the dems and repubs be more accountable. The dems and repubs take for granted that there will be people every election cycle that will only vote for someone who "has a chance". It would be a start.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Nicolem

Old 09-15-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Well George Soros now has a lot more ways to funnel his $$ thanks to another bill McCain Feingold-another reason why someone like me cannot vote for McCain.

I wish Perot would have won. He would have stopped NAFTA and this illegal alien invasion. He would have protected American sovereignty.

My vote is not symbolic- I am voting for the candidate who I feel would put America first- I wish more people would.

Our two-party system is out of control. I am not saying a third party will win in 2008. However if enough people started to vote for the better person instead of the "lesser of two evils" we might actually see some progress in the next 3 or so election cycles. If enough people did that-at the very least it might make the dems and repubs be more accountable. The dems and repubs take for granted that there will be people every election cycle that will only vote for someone who "has a chance". It would be a start.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Nicolem
Hey I supported Perot at the time too, but I was only 16 at the time. Too bad he didn't win and ended up derailing Dole/Kemp in 1996. NAFTA (Bill Clinton's fault)and the SPP are both pro-NAU pushes. The immigration thing is an attempt to force US election to go for the open borders crowd, by creating a new electorate - newly legalized illegal aliens.

McCain-Feingold is a bust, I HATE IT as much as I hate McCain's immi policy. The way we get rid of it since we have a massively liberal legislature: APPOINTING CONSTITUTIONALIST JUSDES TO THE COURTS!

The Conservatives are just waiting to replace another liberal Justice in the Supreme Court and once they do that, theyll sue the government on McCain-Feingold and appeal it to the Supreme Court and get that law down.

Even if today, Congress repealed McCain-Feingold, liberals will sue and have the law re-instated. The Supreme Court needs to change to strict Constitutionalists. Obama ain't gonna do that, but McCain will.

That is another reason I am going McCain-Palin.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:27 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Hey I supported Perot at the time too, but I was only 16 at the time. Too bad he didn't win and ended up derailing Dole/Kemp in 1996. NAFTA (Bill Clinton's fault)and the SPP are both pro-NAU pushes. The immigration thing is an attempt to force US election to go for the open borders crowd, by creating a new electorate - newly legalized illegal aliens.

McCain-Feingold is a bust, I HATE IT as much as I hate McCain's immi policy. The way we get rid of it since we have a massively liberal legislature: APPOINTING CONSTITUTIONALIST JUSDES TO THE COURTS!

The Conservatives are just waiting to replace another liberal Justice in the Supreme Court and once they do that, theyll sue the government on McCain-Feingold and appeal it to the Supreme Court and get that law down.

Even if today, Congress repealed McCain-Feingold, liberals will sue and have the law re-instated. The Supreme Court needs to change to strict Constitutionalists. Obama ain't gonna do that, but McCain will.

That is another reason I am going McCain-Palin.
I too supported Perot. Had he been elected, we'd still be living in America. No NAFTA, no giant sucking sounds, no pressing 2 for English, not invasion from SOB. . . . I miss our country and I want it back.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I too supported Perot. Had he been elected, we'd still be living in America. No NAFTA, no giant sucking sounds, no pressing 2 for English, not invasion from SOB. . . . I miss our country and I want it back.

Me too JDubsMom.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
[/b]

It really is sad to think that 3 out of 4 people in the Presidential ticket (with actual winning chances, since Libertarian/Constitutionalist/3rd party has extremely slim changes in 2008) are pro-open borders and pro-illegal alien amnesties.

At least Palin is oppose to this immigration mess. McCain has plead to secure the border first before pushing for his McCain-Kennedy amnesty.

Quote:

Me too JDubsMom.
So, what should an anti-illegal immigration person like myself (or you, for that matter) do in such a situation... where 3 out of 4 area traitors to the United States?

1. Do you vote for the least worst of the two?
2. Don't vote at all out of anger?
3. Ignore the issue and vote away for someone?
4. Vote 3rd party, even though you know they won't carry a single state?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration