U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:19 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times

Advertisements

TELLY favourite Noel Edmonds has astonishingly called for a total BAN on immigrants coming to Britain.

In a controversial interview which will spark a fierce nationwide debate, he said: “I’m very straightforward on immigration. The bus is full.”

The star gave his hard-hitting views to the News of the World on the eve of his new political telly programme, Noel’s HQ, which tries to find solutions for what’s wrong with Britain.

TV Noel, 59—famous for Noel's House Party, which featured Mr Blobby, and Deal Or No Deal—went on: “Why should we have no more people in?

“We haven’t got enough energy, we haven’t got enough electricity, we haven’t got enough of a health service.

Toxic

“We can all go down the pub and go, ‘Oh it’s terrible, all these immigrants.’ But what are we going to do in Britain to change this toxic culture if we don’t say, ‘Enough is enough.’

“If I was Prime Minister for a day the first thing I would do would be to close the border.

“Then we could work out how many people we’ve got here.

“Then you get people out who have committed crimes and you look at others who shouldn’t be here. Nobody knows how many people we’ve got here.”

Last year 600,000 came to the UK legally. Around 50,000 illegal immigrants are caught each year but nobody knows how many go undetected. The UK population is expected to rise from nearly 61million now to 77million within 50 years. Noel’s views are in line with a YouGov poll that shows 81 per cent of Labour and 89 per cent of Conservative voters want a substantial reduction in immigration.

Poll at link below: Do you agree with Noel Edwards that the UK borders should be shut?
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article25476.ece

I'm sure the majority of Americans are feeling this guy. I sure am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 06:31 PM

164 posts, read 227,838 times
I hope the great people of the UK shut him up.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:41 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
I hope the great people of the UK shut him up.
What makes you think that's possible?

We can't shut YOU up...

Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
What makes you think that's possible?

We can't shut YOU up...
Make Mexico gag: unleash a few million Hispanics from Guatemala, etc. on it.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:22 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,049,243 times
Wonder how long before he is called a racist or mean or a hater? I hope he stands firm, and I hope that the UK can control their immigration.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:23 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,049,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Make Mexico gag: unleash a few million Hispanics from Guatemala, etc. on it.
Ha! There is truth in that the mexicans and their government will not want to touch.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:26 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,909,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Ha! There is truth in that the mexicans and their government will not want to touch.
Meanwhile back at the ranch according to those who hail from the hateful, corrupt cesspool they call home. . where there's a mexican there is mexico.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,699,621 times
Currently, 87.7% of Brits agree with Mr. Edmonds....

I was there this summer and I was blown away by the number of mosques and Muslims in the country, noticably more than when I was there in 2005. They ARE being taken over.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:45 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Currently, 87.7% of Brits agree with Mr. Edmonds....

I was there this summer and I was blown away by the number of mosques and Muslims in the country, noticably more than when I was there in 2005. They ARE being taken over.
And the Brits are allowing themselves to be taken over............

Let the Islamists* scream Jihad if they get put back in their place--------no Muslim civilization since the Renaissance has been able to fight its way out of a paper bag.

*with all due respect to the secular/moderate followers of Islam who perceive Osama bin Laden etc. as apostates.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 PM

33 posts, read 77,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the Brits are allowing themselves to be taken over............

Let the Islamists* scream Jihad if they get put back in their place--------no Muslim civilization since the Renaissance has been able to fight its way out of a paper bag.

*with all due respect to the secular/moderate followers of Islam who perceive Osama bin Laden etc. as apostates.
We arent letting them take over.
This crappy government we have and the 'tree-huggers' are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration