U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:30 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The instructions tell people to not provide false names or identifications to authorities, and instruct them to cooperate with authorities.

I would think you guys would be for that.

It also tells them how to cross safely, and not to trust coyotes/polleros so they don't get put in a situation where they will die.

I would HOPE that you guys would have enough decency to be for that, but I don't want to overestimate you.

It also tells them their rights. This being America, I would think you guys wouldn't want to keep people from knowing their rights.
Their rights?! Now, if that isn't gall.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:30 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,178,995 times
Quote:
Acknowledging that illegals are going to keep crossing anyways, and trying to help them from getting taken advantage of by coyotes or getting lost and dying out in the desert? Which by the way, I already know your against preventing.
That's quite an assumption there, buddy, and TOTALLY erroneous. I just think the BEST way to avoid coyotes and/or death in the desert is to stop illegal aliens AT THE BORDER.

Simple, really...

Old 09-13-2008, 09:31 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I know I have!
So have I and there are millions more Americans who feel the same way.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,005,884 times
Quote:

Gall?? Do you even know what "HUMAN RIGHTS" means?

Does it offend you that even the Mexican illegal alien deserves to be treated like a human in captivity?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,912,726 times
Quote:
That's not gall its insanity. That's part of their culture as well.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
And clinics shouldn't give out condoms, and just tell people "Dont have sex!"

People are ALWAYS going to be crossing into the United States illegally.
I don't usually trust the government of Mexico, but I think it was a noble thing to do.
I don't think it was an evil, maniacal thing.

They could've just ignored their poorest people crossing that desert and dying out there, but instead they tried to let them know how to at least survive the deadly journey and how to cooperate with authorities if they do get caught.

Its not like they gave them a damn list of employers to apply at!
Of course they want them to succeed in entering this country illegally. Don't forget the billions in remittances being sent to Mexico. It's not altruism, it's greed.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Does it offend you that even the Mexican illegal alien deserves to be treated like a human in captivity?
In captivity?!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:
And clinics shouldn't give out condoms, and just tell people "Dont have sex!"

People are ALWAYS going to be crossing into the United States illegally.
I don't usually trust the government of Mexico, but I think it was a noble thing to do.
I don't think it was an evil, maniacal thing.

They could've just ignored their poorest people crossing that desert and dying out there, but instead they tried to let them know how to at least survive the deadly journey and how to cooperate with authorities if they do get caught.

Its not like they gave them a damn list of employers to apply at!
This is like printing up a book of tips for bank robbers. Or shoplifters.
Since they can't seem to stay out on their own, the best way to keep them out of the desert and safe from it's dangers is a guarded and fortified border.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,005,884 times
[quote=Benicar;5256785]Of course they want them to succeed in entering this country illegally. Don't forget the billions in remittances being sent to Mexico. It's not altruism, it's greed.[/quote]

Things are not always some part of an evil plan!
You guys hate Mexico so much, you can't believe their government doing anything good.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:

All they have to do is stay in Mexico and they will be in no danger of being treated inhumanely while in 'captivity'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration