U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 5,994,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The fact remains that many of these illegals are in fact committing violent crimes against US citizens. Crimes that otherwise would not have happened. Without a background check we are left naked and are victims waiting to happen. They all need to be deported, they all need to apply and take their chances as honest people should.
We really dont owe them nor should we extend ourselves to people who show not one shred of respect.
Good point on illegal immigration(worth debating),
BAD point on Mexican culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
We really dont owe them nor should we extend ourselves to people who show not one shred of respect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps you would be willing to elaborate on the ways that Mexico shows respect for the US. Or the respect that illegal aliens from Mexico show Americans.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:05 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Be fair amc I never talked about mexican culture.
I need to experience more of it before I will form an opinion.
Let me talk about some legal mexican immigrants who live exactly 1.7 miles from house. I know the distance because they live accross from the only post office for 15 miles.
They seem to be a close knit family. The children have been well mannered everytime I have had occasion to bump into them. The parents as far as I can tell speak only basic english heavily accented. The father is polite clean and obviously very much in love with his children. I know this because we have 1 store in my town and everytime I see him he never forgets to buy treats for his kids.
He has near as I can tell 4 children. He works at the local stone quarry and drives a pickup truck. Labor day he was trying to by propane for his grill and the local place was all out. Me being me I always have a spare tank and offered it to him. He was shy and embarrassed but I insisted.
I went home and fetched it for him. You see this is what good neighbors do for each other. At least where I live. He paid me the going rate plus $2.00 When I brought the tank I was not invited inside. No harm no foul I am a stranger no isnsult was intended none was received.
When they see me drive by the kids wave and I wave back. He sees me and he waves also.
That sums up my knowledge of mexican culture. Living in a small town everyone pretty much knows your status. They are legal and as far as I can tell welcomed to the community. If they were not welcome the gossip would be flying.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Fair enough. Perhaps you would be willing to elaborate on the ways that Mexico shows respect for the US. Or the respect that illegal aliens from Mexico show Americans.
The illegals don't show respect and that is the point.
Respect would be to apply and only enter legally.
Respect would be to not steal id from others.
Respect would be to assimulate learn our language not insist we learn theirs.
Respect might even include not protesting for special rights and flying a mexican flag on our soil.
Mexico might show some respect by not handing out how to sneak accross the border fliers.
Mexico might show respect by using their patrols to guard the border and not engage our patrols for the benefit of smugglers.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Be fair amc I never talked about mexican culture.
I need to experience more of it before I will form an opinion.
Let me talk about some legal mexican immigrants who live exactly 1.7 miles from house. I know the distance because they live accross from the only post office for 15 miles.
They seem to be a close knit family. The children have been well mannered everytime I have had occasion to bump into them. The parents as far as I can tell speak only basic english heavily accented. The father is polite clean and obviously very much in love with his children. I know this because we have 1 store in my town and everytime I see him he never forgets to buy treats for his kids.
He has near as I can tell 4 children. He works at the local stone quarry and drives a pickup truck. Labor day he was trying to by propane for his grill and the local place was all out. Me being me I always have a spare tank and offered it to him. He was shy and embarrassed but I insisted.
I went home and fetched it for him. You see this is what good neighbors do for each other. At least where I live. He paid me the going rate plus $2.00 When I brought the tank I was not invited inside. No harm no foul I am a stranger no isnsult was intended none was received.
When they see me drive by the kids wave and I wave back. He sees me and he waves also.
That sums up my knowledge of mexican culture. Living in a small town everyone pretty much knows your status. They are legal and as far as I can tell welcomed to the community. If they were not welcome the gossip would be flying.
never said you did tinman, but we were talking about my objection to Jdubs frequent remarks.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
What do you want them to do? Take off their hats and bow their heads everytime you walk by, because your American?

The majority of illegals do what most other people do: mind their own business.
Contrary to what the anti-illegal media sources want you to believe, theyre not all walking around burning flags and flipping off white people.

And what does Mexico respecting the US have anything to do with their culture?
Plenty of people Europe dislike and lack respect for Americans. Are they a culture of savages, murderers and rapists too?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:14 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Based on a one-year in-depth study, a researcher estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each.

Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute in Atlanta analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants. She found that while the offenders were located in 36 states, most were in states with the highest numbers of illegal immigrants. California had the most offenders, followed by Texas, Arizona, New Jersey, New York and Florida.

Study: 1 million sex crimes by illegals
It's "the" question : Why are no Federal Statistics kept on crimes committed by illegal aliens?

2006 Article :
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
What do you want them to do? Take off their hats and bow their heads everytime you walk by, because your American?

Contrary to what the anti-illegal media sources want you to believe, theyre not all walking around burning flags and flipping off white people.

Plenty of people Europe dislike and lack respect for Americans. Are they a culture of savages, murderers and rapists too?
Valid point. I have been to many many countries and have seen quite a bit of disrespect towards the USA and from countries that owe us a hell of a lot more.
That said the sneaking accross our borders like a thief in the night is disrespectful as hell.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
It's "the" question : Why are no Federal Statistics kept on crimes committed by illegal aliens?

2006 Article :
Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
Because they would prefer that we remain in the dark. Too late, the American people are wide awake and not falling for the BS. No SPP, NAU and no amnesty. Obama and McCain can promise amnesty all they want, it ain't gonna happen.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:

IMO, Mexico's gov. and illegal aliens from Mexico seem to view the US as little more than something to be taken advantage of. For the Mexican gov., the US is a place to export their poor and uneducated to. They do not have to take care of them and the money they send home to Mexico is a significant portion of Mexican revenues. I honestly think they do not care that millions of illegal Mexicans are of no particular benefit to the US.
I don't think the illegal aliens have any respect for the US, either. They are here for what they can get - the 'better life' or 'their piece of the American Dream', and they do not care that the average US citizen does not benefit from them being here.
No one expects them to bow their head or whatever, but I don't think I have ever heard any of them express any appreciation for what they have received here in the US. It's always gimme, gimme, gimme. It does not matter if they do not burn a flag or flip people off. Having a kid they cannot afford and walking out the hospital door with no intention of paying a dime says "**** you!" loud and clear.

No, I would not consider Europeans to be cultures of rapists or criminals. Europeans may very well not like us. They are not sending us millions of uneducated illegal aliens while not liking us. That is the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or