U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:45 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
IMO, Mexico's gov. and illegal aliens from Mexico seem to view the US as little more than something to be taken advantage of. For the Mexican gov., the US is a place to export their poor and uneducated to. They do not have to take care of them and the money they send home to Mexico is a significant portion of Mexican revenues. I honestly think they do not care that millions of illegal Mexicans are of no particular benefit to the US.
I don't think the illegal aliens have any respect for the US, either. They are here for what they can get - the 'better life' or 'their piece of the American Dream', and they do not care that the average US citizen does not benefit from them being here.
No one expects them to bow their head or whatever, but I don't think I have ever heard any of them express any appreciation for what they have received here in the US. It's always gimme, gimme, gimme. It does not matter if they do not burn a flag or flip people off. Having a kid they cannot afford and walking out the hospital door with no intention of paying a dime says "**** you!" loud and clear.

No, I would not consider Europeans to be cultures of rapists or criminals. Europeans may very well not like us. They are not sending us millions of uneducated illegal aliens while not liking us. That is the difference.
also a good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Valid point. I have been to many many countries and have seen quite a bit of disrespect towards the USA and from countries that owe us a hell of a lot more.
That said the sneaking accross our borders like a thief in the night is disrespectful as hell.
Sorry I have to disagree. Europeans and others who hate America aren't sneaking across our boders by the millions, breeding at the sound of speed, stealing, killing and raping Americans all while demanding everything including the kitchen sink, I find the discussion of whomever else disrespects/hates America to be a moot point and nothing more than comparing apples to oranges.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:14 PM

Pitbull you know I love you. Your awsome. But a valid point is a valid point. Not all mexicans are bad unsavory violent criminals. Just as not all americans are serial killers. We should not classify an entire nation based on the actions of the minority. Many in mexico are held hostage by a corrupt gov. Not our problem until they sneak accross our borders. But to be fair I can not classify an entire people so easily. Not all nor even most Americans of mexican ancestry are bad folks. Too many facilitate illegal immigration and that is true.
Pitbull you know where I stand on race. I detest the broad paint brush used to paint all one color due to the deeds of the minority.
Today we can agree to disagree. Sorry if I hurt you.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:30 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,894,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Pitbull you know I love you. Your awsome. But a valid point is a valid point. Not all mexicans are bad unsavory violent criminals. Just as not all americans are serial killers. We should not classify an entire nation based on the actions of the minority. Many in mexico are held hostage by a corrupt gov. Not our problem until they sneak accross our borders. But to be fair I can not classify an entire people so easily. Not all nor even most Americans of mexican ancestry are bad folks. Too many facilitate illegal immigration and that is true.
Pitbull you know where I stand on race. I detest the broad paint brush used to paint all one color due to the deeds of the minority.
Today we can agree to disagree. Sorry if I hurt you.
Oh by no means am I classifying an entire group of doing anything either. I am referring to the comparison/reference of others being guilty of hating America, etc. as if it justifies the actions and disrespectful behaviors of illegal aliens from SOB.

At the end of the day, nobody will ever convince me that the actions of the majority of those who are here illegally from SOB are not representative of how they live as a result of hailing from a lawless, culturally embedded criminal environment, including but not limited to their government. It's the way they have been taught to survive.

When you don't know any better, you can't do any better. Thus the massive crime rates, sexual deviance, rapes, identity theft, waiting for the labor pains and running across our borders, drunk driving and a multitude of other criminal acts which adds up to a lack of personal responsibility that has come with them. Are illegal mexicans the only parties guilty of these acts? Absolutely not. But they are the largest population of illegal aliens and I don't think that it is merely by virtue of their numbers that they commit the majority of crimes, it's also indicative of how they "live" and what occurs daily in mexico.

You didn't hurt me at all. You are entitled to your opinion whether we agree or not is not an issue with me. Love you too!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 09-13-2008 at 10:49 PM..

Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Oh by no means am I classifying an entire group of doing anything either. I am referring to the comparison/reference of others being guilty of hating America, etc. as if it justifies the actions and disrespectful behaviors of illegal aliens from SOB.

At the end of the day, nobody will ever convince me that the actions of the majority of those who are here illegally from SOB are not representative of how they live as a result of hailing from a lawless, culturally embedded criminal environment, including but not limited to their government. It's the way they have been taught to survive.

When you don't know any better, you can't do any better. Thus the massive crime rates, sexual deviance, rapes, identity theft, waiting for the labor pains and running across our borders, drunk driving and a multitude of other criminal acts which adds up to a lack of personal responsibility that has come with them. Are illegal mexicans the only parties guilty of these acts? Absolutely not. But they are the largest population of illegal aliens and I don't think that it is merely by virtue of their numbers that they commit the majority of crimes, it's also indicative of how they "live" and what occurs daily in mexico.

You didn't hurt me at all. You are entitled to your opinion whether we agree or not is not an issue with me. Love you too!
Now that was a good post.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 PM

638 posts, read 1,637,758 times
Draw your own conclusions :

DEA - Most Wanted - DEA's Most Wanted Fugitives (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm - broken link)

Old 09-14-2008, 04:46 AM

3,325 posts, read 4,692,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Draw your own conclusions :

DEA - Most Wanted - DEA's Most Wanted Fugitives (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm - broken link)
-------------------
I find the list confusing . Maybe I am not up to date on ethnicity/race .

For ex this woman is considered White not Hispanic -
DEA Fugitives, Denver Fugitives, OCHOA-Ramos, Carolina (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/denver/ochoa-ramos.htm - broken link)

There are other examples same and some considered Black not Hispanic.

No wonder they aren't being caught lol .
I don't undetstand the new category is it by skin color ,place of birth, name,etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or