Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:53 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

With Election Day fast-approaching, the Sunshine State is finally enforcing this local law aimed at preventing voter fraud, after several roadblocks.

The intent of the “No Match, No Vote” law is simple: to ensure voters are who they say they are.

The verification effort entails double-checking every voter registration form with the Florida Motor Vehicles database, or the Social Security database. If the numbers don’t match, the voters can still vote — with a provisional ballot — but that voter then has two days after Election Day to provide their driver’s license or Social Security card to their local elections supervisor.

“I have a responsibility … to ensure that we have a fair and honest registration process and that we have fair, honest and accurate elections,” Florida Secretary of State Kurt Browning said. “That’s my goal, that’s my mission.”

The state is in the midst of registering new voters and enforcing the verification standard — but state lawmakers first passed the law three years ago.

It’s been in a holding pattern since then, after the NAACP and several other groups sued to block it, suggesting “no match, no vote” is a Republican attempt to infringe voting rights.

“We didn’t allow voting on the basis of race, we didn’t allow it on gender, we didn’t allow it on literacy, we didn’t allow it on money because we had poll taxes. So this is just another in this long history of trying to make it difficult to vote in the United States,” said Brad Brown, of the NAACP.

If you have a voter fraud story you’d like to report, e-mail voterfraud@foxnews.com

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/13/after-roadblocks-florida-officials-push-to-enforce-voter-id-law/

Well at least someone is preparing for the inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 05:36 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Thank God for Gov. Christ who is getting his "soldiers" to do their job FOR ONCE and to make sure election's are legit.

Jeb Bush was completely a sleep during his time in office and election's were from what many tell me a joke . This gvnr has had to clean up a huge mess.

Thing's aren't where they should be yet but there is a BIG improvement and when your a Gvnr having to fight corrupt local politician's in BOTH parties it is not easy.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Thank God for Gov. Christ who is getting his "soldiers" to do their job FOR ONCE and to make sure election's are legit.

Jeb Bush was completely a sleep during his time in office and election's were from what many tell me a joke . This gvnr has had to clean up a huge mess.

Thing's aren't where they should be yet but there is a BIG improvement and when your a Gvnr having to fight corrupt local politician's in BOTH parties it is not easy.

Jeb wasn't asleep, he did things the way they planned them, thus his brother "won" the election based on the fraud perpetrated in Florida. In light of the fact that both of the front runners are amnesty advocates, the outcome of this presidential election is a moot point for me. No matter which candidate wins, I already know what I'll be spending the next 4 years doing.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 AM

There are also Independents you could look at.

I myself vote Rep-Dem-Independents no party has my vote in the bag.

Here in S.Florida I vote against every incumbent which is easy enough but the Gvnr I like a lot.

Last edited by Luiso; 09-14-2008 at 06:23 AM..

Old 09-14-2008, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Jeb wasn't asleep, he did things the way they planned them, thus his brother "won" the election based on the fraud perpetrated in Florida. In light of the fact that both of the front runners are amnesty advocates, the outcome of this presidential election is a moot point for me. No matter which candidate wins, I already know what I'll be spending the next 4 years doing.
-----------

Yes that is true . I said he was asleep as nothing that a Gvnr should be doing or close to anything got done.

For this Gvnr to fix or start to the mess that voting here is .
Has made him many enemies . ESP in the S.Florida Rep stronghold (party means nothing here) and he stands alone as the attorney General is no where to be found when it comes to this or much else.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:

Here in S.Florida I vote against every incumbent which is easy enough but the Gvnr I like a lot.
Yeah, i'm currently planning to vote for Bob Barr. He has a good record on immigration. Was unclear about his views on immigration since his libertarian conversion but he considers border security and removing magnets for illegals a true priority.

Chuck Baldwin also has tough views on immigration.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Good for Florida. Unfortunately, MD has made it oh so easy for illegals to vote by issuing driver's licenses and providing them with voter registration applications. Anyone who thinks illegals haven't applied because it's "against the law" is extremely naive. Why would they choose to obey this one law, when they ignore all others? Yes, illegals will vote in November.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Good for Florida. Unfortunately, MD has made it oh so easy for illegals to vote by issuing driver's licenses and providing them with voter registration applications. Anyone who thinks illegals haven't applied because it's "against the law" is extremely naive. Why would they choose to obey this one law, when they ignore all others? Yes, illegals will vote in November.
--------------
Yes that's true some states are illegal user friendly . Worse case they are told they can't vote and they go home thus for some it's worth a try .

illegals can still vote here but not like before some area's are now impossible and my area we were told for Fed election we had to bring valid drivers license or other ID which will now be checked to make sure not fake.

It is 2008 and untill recently it was a free for all at the election booths . Its unreal it has taken so long.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Yeah, i'm currently planning to vote for Bob Barr. He has a good record on immigration. Was unclear about his views on immigration since his libertarian conversion but he considers border security and removing magnets for illegals a true priority.

Chuck Baldwin also has tough views on immigration.
Barr is a possibility for me but I haven't reviewed his voting record as of yet. That will determine whether or not I simply write in Ron Paul (as a form of protest) since he is the only candidate whose views are pretty much identical to my own.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:

I hear you Luiso. It's time to get rid of the repetitive, traitorous baggage. I've been a registered Independent since the end of the Clinton era and have no attention of voting for or affiliating myself with either main stream party unless, or until America cleans both houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration